The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Unlock for newbies

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
wite_c83
wite_c83's picture
Freedom Five Unlock for newbies

To all my fellow newbies to this fantastic game, if you are going for any of the story mode Freedom Five unlocks (and I recommend going for all 5 at once for obvious reasons) please don't repeat my mistake! (Though let's be honest, if you found this thread you probably already have.) If you only unlocked costumes for the Prime Wardens or Darkwatch using the "You can unlock this variant here without doing the story challenge" thing (cheating as Guise calls it) you can lose as many of the prerequisite games as you want and it won't unlock for you. You have to unlock them via story mode. I had only unlocked Darkwatch Harpy and Darkwatch Setback by cheating so I had to play through their unlocks and redo the last 2 Prerequisite games. Harpy was easy, Setback took more games than I'd care to count.

If you don't know how to do the unlock at all and you stumbled across this thread: https://sentinelsdigital.com/variants#freedomfive

And if like me it took you far longer than it should to notice the explanation for what the "Prerequisite Games" are: (mouseover the Freedom Five logo to see prerequisite games)

Feel free to be amused by my stupidity. :)

EDIT: Apparently this is not the case, so ignore the crossed out bit.

New player, please help.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

That's not correct. No variant unlock condition besides Completionist Guise requires that.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

wite_c83
wite_c83's picture

Really? I wonder what I did wrong on my first try...

New player, please help.