The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Tachyon Unlock Discussion

93 posts / 0 new
Last post
bolnerap

I know I don't have logs, folks, but I still have potentially valuable information.

I only shuffled the trash into deck once in my unlock.

kehr.joseph

Did essentially the exact same thing as my doozy of a game. This time, though, I killed Tachyon. Got the unlock. Here's the log.

I think we've got this, we just need to determine the exact number of cards played.

Judging by my games alone, though, Tachyon being decapped is a near certainty.

Attachment(s): 
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Is dealing Sonic damage ok? Do you need to shuffle the deck?

I'm guessing "play 10 cards in one turn" and "get killed, then win" are conditions. But the others are up in the air. I'll try doing it with Sonic damage, and not intentionally TRYING to shuffle, but not avoiding it either.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Just got the unlock with one shuffle, no Hypersonic Assault, an empty deck, and a maximum-play turn. I'll post the log Monday after I get a chance to clean up the undo's.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Just got the unlock, and I can confirm that it's okay to hit Progeny with Hypersonic Assault, as long as the damage it deals is switched to Melee instead of Sonic.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Ok. You CAN deal Sonic damage. You also don't need to shuffle twice. I did once, but who knows if you need to. I also died with Burst cards in my trash, and some have not, so that's not important.

I'd guess it's as follows:

Do the prerequisites.
Then win against Progeny at Megalopolis with Vanilla FF.
Tachyon must play at least 10 cards in one turn, and must be incapacitated.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

NinjaMonkey

Judging by the fact every unlock so far had the trash shuffle at least once, I'd revise that to be:

1. Meet pre-reqs
2 must be freedom five non variants vs progeny in Megalopolis and must be a victory
3. Tachyon must be uncapped
4. Tachyon must play 10 cards or more in one turn
5. Tachyon must shuffle her trash at least once.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I'd say it's one of those two.

That being said, it could be that the shuffling is a side effect of waiting until you can pull off the 10-card combo. (Also, 3 if the cards in the combo MAKE you draw cards.) So whether it's required, or an unintended side effect, is in need of further testing.

-- Trajector

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I had a fail (log above--still need to remove the undo's) in which I had Tachyon performed the mega-turn and was incapped but did not get the unlock. If the reason wasn't the sonic damage, it might be the lack of reshuffling.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Since shuffling her trash into her deck is generally a thing Tachyon avoids doing, what if the condition is actually Tachyon must draw at least 40 cards?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Freedom Five Tachyon!

First, play the Prerequisite Games. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant team members) must defeat Progeny in Megalopolis. During that game, Tachyon must play at least 10 cards in one turn. Tachyon must run out of cards in her deck and thus shuffle her trash into her deck at least once. Tachyon must be incapacitated.

The Prerequisite Games are: First, the Prime Wardens (all variant members) must be defeated by Progeny anywhere other than Rook City or Megalopolis. Then, Dark Watch (all variant members) must by defeated by Progeny in Rook City. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant members) must be defeated by Progeny in Rook City.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Woo! Nice job everyone!

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

It’s kinda funny,  F5 Wraith was the quickest unlocked and most of us have not had trouble getting her unlocked but we still haven’t figured out the exact condition.  

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Onto the next one!  My bets are Absolute Zero!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

oh geez ten cards what how D:

waedens
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Freedom Five Tachyon!First, play the Prerequisite Games. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant team members) must defeat Progeny in Megalopolis. During that game, Tachyon must play at least 10 cards in one turn. Tachyon must run out of cards in her deck and thus shuffle her trash into her deck at least once. Tachyon must be incapacitated.The Prerequisite Games are: First, the Prime Wardens (all variant members) must be defeated by Progeny anywhere other than Rook City or Megalopolis. Then, Dark Watch (all variant members) must by defeated by Progeny in Rook City. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant members) must be defeated by Progeny in Rook City.

There is a bug somewhere then because I absolutely met these conditions and did not get the unlock. My reshuffel happened during my 10 card turn and then I incapacitated tachyon on the next hero's turn (AZ) and won the game with no unlock.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Do you have a game log from that instance?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:

Have pushing the limits and goggles out.  Play three fleet of foot, then play two lightning reflexes. Then you can play 5 more cards. 

The trick is getting all the cards you need in hand,  it’s a lot of turns of passing 

bolnerap

bolnerap wrote:

Threw some more stuff against the wall - as always, Progeny/Megalopolis. From the Letters Page, they describe Tachyon pushing herself to the limit and not being able to do much to Progeny, before being incapacitated. So, I built up her hand (only getting Research Grant out for a long time), then got out HUD Goggles / Pushing the Limits. The next round, Tachyon hit herself to bring herself down below 10 and become the lowest HP character, and unleashed 2x Fleet of Foot, 2x Lightning Reflexes, all three Nimble Strikes, and an Accelerated Assault. Progeny then incapacitated her on its next turn and AZ went on to kill it. No luck.

One card away on post #11. -_- This condition really wasn't so bad.

waedens
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Do you have a game log from that instance?

I am playing on my phone (galaxy s7) and don't know how to retrieve them. I was trying to keep notes as I played though and had googles and pushing in play then played 3x fleet of foot, 2x lightning reflexes then 3x lightspeed barrage, and 2x nimble strike. On the 1st nimble strike my library reshuffled.

Next hero up was AZ. He incapacitated Tachyon and then took out Progeny. No unlock.

I have unlocked her sense just by cycling her deck and then doing the 10 card turn and then incapacitating her. I think there is a timing issue where I did things all at the same time.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Nilus wrote:

TakeWalker wrote:

Have pushing the limits and goggles out.  Play three fleet of foot, then play two lightning reflexes. Then you can play 5 more cards.  The trick is getting all the cards you need in hand,  it’s a lot of turns of passing 

I recommend playing Goggles and PtL as part of your 10. 

I'm going 

PtL-1

Goggles-2

Fleets-4,5,6

Lightning-7, get two card plays. Use one of those for another Lightning. You have played 8 and have 3 plays left. Now... finish her.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

kehr.joseph

Nilus wrote:

It’s kinda funny,  F5 Wraith was the quickest unlocked and most of us have not had trouble getting her unlocked but we still haven’t figured out the exact condition.  

And therein lies why we haven't figured out the exact condition.

Seeing as, I'm assuming, most of us have her, we can't test to see if something fails anymore. Not without new people trying to unlock her and willing to limit themselves.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

I haven't unlocked her/tried to. What would you like me to test?

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I'm glad that she can still do sonic damage, that way I can still use Hypersonic Assault.

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

kehr.joseph wrote:

Nilus wrote:

And therein lies why we haven't figured out the exact condition.Seeing as, I'm assuming, most of us have her, we can't test to see if something fails anymore. Not without new people trying to unlock her and willing to limit themselves.

You mean you all don’t own the game three different ways? :).  

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

If we collect all the logs, then we can see what has been done.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

NinjaMonkey

Killswitch wrote:

Currently we've established that The Wraith must:
Play 3 Trust Funds
Play Smoke Bombs

The current working theory is that the final condition involves how many cards she draws in a game. The minimum so far in the logs has been 32.

So, if you have an unlock to burn I would:
Turn off automatic card draw
Restart the game until The Wraith has at least 2 trust funds in hand
Play through an entire game where The Wraith only draws 15 cards, if that fails 20, if that fails 25...and so on.

Blackfang108
Playtester

NinjaMonkey wrote:

Killswitch wrote:

Currently we've established that The Wraith must:
Play 3 Trust Funds
Play Smoke Bombs

The current working theory is that the final condition involves how many cards she draws in a game. The minimum so far in the logs has been 32.

So, if you have an unlock to burn I would:
Turn off automatic card draw
Restart the game until The Wraith has at least 2 trust funds in hand
Play through an entire game where The Wraith only draws 15 cards, if that fails 20, if that fails 25...and so on.

There's something more than that.

In my game where I unlocked FVB & FVT, the Wraith had Smoke Bombs, played at least three Trust Funds, and drew so much that, even wiht heavy discarding, she only had 2 cards in her deck & Trash combined at the end.

NinjaMonkey

Every log I've been through leads me to believe, after elimanating Eyepiece and Intervention as just duh plays we'd all do anyway, that it is only 3 Trust Funds, Smoke Bomb, and the number of card draws done by Wraith (which still hasn't been nailed down).
Anyone who doesn't get the unlock for Wraith after playing 3 Trust Funds, a Smoke Bomb, and drawing 30+ cards (lowest I've counted in the logs) more than likely didn't follow the pre-reqs to the letter OR is using a team other than the Vanilla Freedom Five, all 5 of them, in a location that isn't Megaloplis.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Edit: Nevermind.

Maybe this conversation should move over to the Wraith thread?

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

Jaymmz44

I got her unlocked, don’t know how, I had just unlocked bunker and scrolled over tachyon and she was there, F5. I can say that she didn’t get incapped. Everything else is unsure as I was focusing on bunker.

Tacheon or die

Red Manatee

First, play the Prerequisite Games. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant team members) must defeat Progeny in Megalopolis. During that game, Tachyon must play at least 10 cards in one turn. Tachyon must run out of cards in her deck and thus shuffle her trash into her deck at least once. Tachyon must be incapacitated.

@migrantp I did this. All non-variants, her deck shuffled. After I shuffled her deck, I played 10 cards. I played

1) HUD Goggles

2) Pushing the Limits

3) Fleet of Foot

4) Fleet of Foot

5) Fleet of Foot

6) Lightning Reflexes

7) Lightning Reflexes

8) Hypersonic Assault

9) Blinding Speed, destroying her own Pushing the Limits

10) Pushing the Limits

It stopped letting me play cards after 10 (not 100% sure, but I think that is a bug - I think there should be another card play after that since a new version of Pushing the Limits was put into play). She was incapacitated several turns later, and then I defeated Progeny.

No unlock.

I was pretty deliberate about this, so I am as close to 100% certain as I can be about meeting the requirements. I have unlocked F5 Wraith and Bunker, so I know I did the pre-reqs right. It was on iOS, but it was the very last game played, so if there is a way to get you the log (dev console, XCode linkup, whatever) I can do that if you like.

ETA: Because I may not have been super clear - I reshuffled BEFORE I did the 10 card play, and she was incapacitated several full rounds later, if I am remembering 100% correctly. Might have been 1 full round later, but I know she got at least one more turn after that.

Powerhound_2000

Do you have a game log by any chance?  Also, it’s best to send feedback through the app on the credits screen or http://handelabra.com/contact/

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Please report bugs as mentioned by Powerhound_2000, including as much information as possible (screenshots, etc). Are you sure the lock icon was visible on F5 Tachyon before starting the game?

Red Manatee

As sure as I can be - I had checked for it last week, and had restarted the app after AZ became available Tuesday night.

Red Manatee

I will send feedback now - thanks for that. I had forgotten about the feedback screen in the app.

If there is a way to get the log from iOS I am not aware of it.

Red Manatee

OK, feedback sent. Thanks!

Red Manatee

Looking through the logs via XCode, I only see crash logs available. There might be a way to get to the "real" logs (if they are stored) but I can't see a way to do it. I could try to reproduce on Steam later this week if I have time.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

There is a bug in the Freedom Five Tachyon unlock condition where it will not count a reshuffle if it was caused by Tachyon discarding from her empty deck. This will be fixed in the next update. As a workaround, make sure to reshuffle by drawing a card from her empty deck.

Subjektivity

Was the bug ever fixed?  I spent hours getting the unlock conditions for 4 out of the 5 freedom five heros and in the end, I got nothing.  I did the prereqs right before I tried too so it cant be that.

Prereq games:

5 prime wardens in atlantis lost to progeny

4 dark watch in rook city lost to progeny

5 baseline freedom five variants in rook city lost to progeny.

Then I played the base freedom five in megalopolis against progeny

I even went through my log and It looks like i did meet all the conditions for tachyon (easiest way to find the move is to search for the 2 played lightning reflexes). In fact,  I did the 10 card sequence twice just to be sure. 

I did do the prereqs in ultimate mode so I'm going to try to do it again in regular to see if it makes.a difference. Is it that you can't do 4 at a time? (I was trying for five but absolute zero died before I was able to get progeny into a controlled loop,)  is there a way to verify you have prereqs?

EDIT: oh and also I had the ARG event thing pop up with an image that had a modified image of the mega computer card with the word intervene in different colors pop up during the fight.   So not sure if that could interfere

Attachment(s): 
Powerhound_2000

Based off that log, assuming the prereqs were done, it should’ve resulted in an unlock and that bug may still exist.  I’ll test this out later myself.  

Subjektivity

I redid the same prereq fights as standards instead of ultimates and avoided triggering the intervene thing by not playing 3 mega computers and I got a 5 person unlock this time.  Not sure if either was the cause or if it was the shuffle bug tho because I made sure to not start the 10 card sequence until she had already reshuffled. 

Pages