The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Forum Awards Rules / Nominations - 2013

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Forum Awards Rules / Nominations - 2013

Intro

To recognize the folks who have done so much to promote the Greater Than Games community, we've created a set of annual forum awards! The award descriptions, nomination rules, and voting rules are below. These rules are to make sure the process is as fair, simple, and easy-to-run as possible.

Please do not post in this thread - see below for how this thread will be used. We've also created a discussion thread for the awards and process, but that thread will remain focused on those topics - no campaigning / advertising (see below).

(The timing on this is aimed primarily to work around International TableTop Day and PAX East, so everyone involved can do what needs to be done.)

Awards

In all cases, "the past year" is 1-Apr-2013 to 31-Mar-2014. The winners of the awards will receive the community's recognition and thanks, plus special forum badges to show the award they've won.

1. Inspiring Presence (Morale Booster) – The forum member who, through positive attitude and kind heart, did the most to make the Greater Than Games forums a positive experience over the past year
  2. Bolster Allies (Funniest) – The forum member who was best at making people laugh and providing humorous moments over the past year
  3. Truth Seeker (Lore Master) – The forum member who has done the best job answering questions (rules, facts, mythology, etc.) and otherwise providing useful and accurate information over the past year
  4. Harmony (Top Debater) – The forum member who is best at rationally debating positions (without turning it into a fight) over the past year
  5. Exceeded Expectations (Top Contributor) – The forum member who contributed to the Greater Than Games community with tools and/or accessories the most over the past year
  6. Bring What You Need (Top Wikier) – The forum member who contributed most to the Greater Than Games wikis over the past year
  7. Unique Capabilities (Top Artist) – The forum member who created the best/most Greater Than Games-related art or fanfic over the past year

And here's what the awesome forum badges for the award winners will look like:

Rules for Nominations

• Nomination is recognition of a forum member's impact in the category; a nomination shows the nominator feels the forum member has significantly contributed in the category.
  • These rules are to help ensure we don't miss anyone in the process of collecting the nominations - we really don't want to do that!
  • Nominations will be sent as a Personal Message to one (and only one) of the Moderators: arenson9, imprimis, or Rabit.
  • The nominations will be listed in this thread - the moderators will add them as they process them.
  • Nominations made between noon on 7-Apr and noon 14-Apr, EST, will be counted for nomination.
  • Each nomination should be a list of the awards and the nominee(s). For example (and feel free to copy-and-paste this):
                Inspiring Presence - ForumMember1
                Bolster Allies - ForumMember2
                Truth Seeker - ForumMember3
                Harmony - ForumMember4
                Exceeded Expectations - ForumMember5
                Bring What You Need - ForumMember6
                Unique Capabilities - ForumMember7
  • A nomination needs to be the names of awards with nominated forum members names and a short blurb describing why the forum member deserves to receive the award.
  • A nomination does not have to include all awards; you can include any number of awards in your nomination post.
  • If a forum member has already been nominated, don't nominate them again – repeated nominations will be ignored.
  • Admins and Mods cannot be nominated – nominations for Admins and Mods will be deleted.
  • No campaigning, advertising, or otherwise promoting a nomination is allowed (anywhere on the forum) – the awards are to be based on proven activity over the past year and nothing else.

Rules for Voting

• On 15-Apr, there will be a post in this thread with a link to the survey for voting.
  • Voting will occur between noon on 15-Apr and noon 21-Apr, EST.
  • Each forum member will get one vote for each award.
  • You may now vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RCRG7GY

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Inspiring Presence nominees:

• Ironic (maybe not as prolific a poster as some, but they always bring something interesting to the threads at hand)
  • Jagarciao (always friendly and social)
  • BlueHairedMeerkat (Constant work on awesome forum-based games)
  • phantaskippy (Relentless creation of excellent PBF games)
  • Alex (1000 Blank White cards is definitely a fun community game to watch)

Bolster Allies nominees:

• grysqrl (I crack up every time I see their avatar)
  • Silverleaf
  • Matchstickman (Funnyness? Funniness? Funneeeness? Uh, humor)
  • Ronway

Truth Seeker nominees:

• Ronway (always quick on the draw to answer questions, and right more times than wrong, he is one of the most dependable members around for story/rules questions)
  • Matchstickman
  • McBehrer (I might not always agree with him but he's there to help)

Harmony nominees:

• Phantaskippy (he is my favorite sparing partner for rules debates, and he gets my nod for this catagory)
  • Foote

Exceeded Expectations nominees:

• Spiff (He has made sooo many SotM related things and his FAQ is a staple of the boards. There's no one better for top contributor)
  • Pydro
  • Mezike (Responsible for the Google Hangouts tracking spreadsheet)
  • jagarciao

Bring What You Need nominees:

• Lynkfox (wiki master. nuff said)

Unique Capabilities nominees:

• Silverleaf (her crochet sentinels characters are too awesome not to mention, her Sentinels of the Crochetverse are amazing)
  • Reckless (Because Crochet-bot cannot run unopposed; also, awesome perlers)
  • Julia (Lego & Sentinels? What kind of awesome wizardry is this!)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Reminder: Nominations close Mon Apr 14, Noon EDT

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nominations are now closed! Folks are recovering from everything else going on - a link to the voting tool will be posted in a week!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Voting is now open! It started late, so voting will be extended to 1pm Eastern time a week from today. That's 25 April, if anyone is keeping track.

Vote here! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RCRG7GY

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Topic locked