The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Forced Deployment

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Forced Deployment

Just an opinion question here -- When's the best time to get Forced Deployment, do you think?

I had it come out as the first card, which was nice in that the trash was empty, but was a nasty way to start the game, as all of the heroes ended up taking 8pts of damage in the first two rounds and a couple people took around 12.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

I'd think the best time would be if you played a long game and got Voss to cycle his deck, then it popped with no minions. That extremely unlikely situation aside, turn 1 is still probably the best time for it. everyone's still at full HP, so they can survive that amount of damage. It's never pleasant, but it's better then than when there are 400 minions in the trash. (Note: I've modified my deck to include nearly 500 minions. It's incredibly hard.)

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Ignore this man.  He's clearly a lunatic.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Speaking of this trash just got emptied thing, that happened to me today with the Mars deck with Oxygen Leak, where it played the same time the deck got emptied having the trash reshuffled as the deck, thus no envionment trash.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!