The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Few Rule Questions

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
fearothwow
Few Rule Questions

I just finished my first game of Tactics and really enjoyed it, but a few rules need some clerification.

1. Hazard tiles

Do hazard tiles affect structures, example the pylons in Blade 3, if a hazard tile, such as Zero's impaling structors card and they are placed on the pylons, do the pylons get hit and if so when, at the end of blades turn?

Also How long do player created hazards last?

2. Player slows

How long do player institutied slows last, the way I played it was it affected 1 movment and moved on.

3. Radius effects

How do aoe raduis work, do they have to have a line of sight of the target from the origin point?

4. Blade scenario 2

How do you end blade 2? The objective is to set  up as many structors as possible, but does it move on if all structors die or if he dies?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

1a. No, Pylons do not have a turn, so are not able to end their turn on a hazard space, thus immune.

1b. Player created hazards last until the card that created is removed.

2. Just the 1 movement, the character goes back to normal after that.

3.Yes they need LoS, unless otherwise stated.

4. In the setup, the last sentence. It has you make a pile of 5 Scenario Markers, at the end of every round you remove 1. After the last 1 is removed, the match ends.

fearothwow

Thanks for fast response, as for 3, is line of sight a stright line? 

More specifically Zero's thermal shockwave. With freezing field active, it has a radius of 3, is that 3 in a line or anything around him that is 3 ajacent tiles away?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

fearothwow wrote:

Thanks for fast response, as for 3, is line of sight a stright line? More specifically Zero's thermal shockwave. With freezing field active, it has a radius of 3, is that 3 in a line or anything around him that is 3 ajacent tiles away?

Anything in the 3 hexes away, as long as they have LoS. Say AZ and Blade are 2 hexes away from eachother on Elevation 1, if there is an elevation 2 in between them, then AZ cannot hit Blade with Thermal Shockwave.

And just incase you missed the edit, I answered the other questions in my previous post now.

fearothwow

Also how does reach affect this? He has the innate +2, does that increase the raidus or not?

Also does reach affect the range of the attack overall or just the die roll?

fearothwow

Oh and thank you for all your fast responses.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

All reach does is allow you to check as if the target is closer. If a target is at range 3, then AZ's then dice rolling 1+ will not be removed for not making range. If the target is at range 4, then rolls of 2+ will not be removed for not making range.

It does not increase the radius of Thermal Shockwave.