The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Feeling good

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
Feeling good

I'm in a really great mood today. Anyone else?

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

cmschex
Playtester

It's been a pretty nice couple of days actually (esepcially since I'm such a SCOTUS nerd and love reading the full opinions).  Nice that we've come far enough that we didnt need to amend the Constitution again to promote basic human equality

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Yes.

It's a beautiful day, it's Friday, Canada is next Wednesday, Montreal Comic Con next friday, and I'm off to SDCC the Tuesday after that! Everything's coming up Millhouse. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's definitely a good day. 

(Even with Indianapolis flooding away...)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

cmschex
Playtester

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend of playing a ton of SotM with the family and enjoying the blustery statements of my state's elected officials since they can't enforce legilated discrimination anymore (living in Texas is a surreal experience sometimes)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think I'm getting sick; silly lack of resistance to exotic London germs. I will probably ignore my well-being and play many hours of Spirit Island and Sentinels instead of resting.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

It's a wonderful day. My feet are a little sore, but the weather is beautiful and the square dancing is great.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Yes, a nice day. My Sentinels-themed peas are flowering a rainbow in support!

And that's actually true. I have a bunch of experimental pea (mostly from the US government, incidentally) which I'm using to breed a mix of peas with as many different flower colours as I can. They are identified with number codes which are hard to remember, so I nicknamed them after SotM heroes. Beacon, Mr Fixer and Expatriette first flowered today, joining Unity who's been flowering for a few days.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

That's delightful. Nick and I celebrated by... taking the dogs for a walk.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Oh,what a lovely day!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

It's bloody hot here but at least I'm not going out today. I shall just sit around and play computer games like I normally do :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

cmschex wrote:

It's been a pretty nice couple of days actually (esepcially since I'm such a SCOTUS nerd and love reading the full opinions).  Nice that we've come far enough that we didnt need to amend the Constitution again to promote basic human equality

Me too!

King vs. Burwell is incredibly entertaining to read, Scalia was going crazy in there.  Fantastic stuff.

The Supreme Court continues to be the one branch of government that actually cares about responsible governance more than political victories.  Which sadly means most Americans hate the court.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ameena wrote:

It's bloody hot here but at least I'm not going out today. I shall just sit around and play computer games like I normally do :D.

Warm here too! Luckily the garden doesn't need much tending right now, and it's the perfect weather for the neighbours' barbecue we're going to later. Hooray for burning meat outside and consuming said meat with people we don't know!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm glad that verdict came out as it did.   The funny piece I read afterwards was an article showing tweets from folks saying they'll move to Canada.   The article pointing out that Canada has allowed marriage equality for about ten years now.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I'm glad that verdict came out as it did.   The funny piece I read afterwards was an article showing tweets from folks saying they'll move to Canada.   The article pointing out that Canada has allowed marriage equality for about ten years now.  

Yeah, it's pretty funny. Canada, in general, has a more socially liberal and involved government than the US. Gun control, healthcare, and marriage equality are pretty much what these people are fleeing to.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

cmschex wrote:

Me too!King vs. Burwell is incredibly entertaining to read, Scalia was going crazy in there.  Fantastic stuff.The Supreme Court continues to be the one branch of government that actually cares about responsible governance more than political victories.  Which sadly means most Americans hate the court.

Scalia was just going crazy, period. Slate has a great excerpt from one of his dissents where he spends a whole page just going "Really?!"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

My favorite was the violent crimes ruling where they let him write the majority and he constantly attacks all the previous decisions he dissented on and keeps quoting his dissents.  You would have to work very hard to rub your opinions in everyone's faces more than him.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

jffdougan wrote:

phantaskippy wrote:

cmschex wrote:

Me too!King vs. Burwell is incredibly entertaining to read, Scalia was going crazy in there.  Fantastic stuff.The Supreme Court continues to be the one branch of government that actually cares about responsible governance more than political victories.  Which sadly means most Americans hate the court.

Scalia was just going crazy, period. Slate has a great excerpt from one of his dissents where he spends a whole page just going "Really?!"

That was the bit where his dissent consisted basically of asserting that marriage is terrible, right? That part had me laughing out loud.
cmschex
Playtester

I have said for years that if Scalia didn't exist we'd have to invent him.  The man is undeniably brillaint but also bat**** crazy and myopic on so many things that his opinions are always a must read

Powerhound_2000

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Flow charts like this one make me smile http://www.queerty.com/this-flow-chart-that-destroys-religions-case-agai...

I'd rather we avoid this sort of thing here. Let's rejoice in good things.

Powerhound_2000

Fair enough.