The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Explain Hazard Tokens for a Noob?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture
Explain Hazard Tokens for a Noob?

I just got my box yesterday, and my wife and I played a skirmish (Bunker and Ambuscade vs. Tachyon and Baron Blade) in Insula Primalis.  We understood that the Volcano creates lava--easy to understand.  

However, we were much less clear about how Hazard tokens work in general.  Do you take damage if you are in the lava or adjacent to the lava?  What about other Hazard token usages?  The rulebook wasn't very clear on these...

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Hazard spaces activate when you are on them.

Lava deals more damage if there is lava adjacent, but you still trigger it only when you are on the space.

Cards like Burning tornado and Turret Bot create hazard spaces around them, the radius tells you how far out the hazard spaces go.

Turret Bot creates Hazard spaces in a radius of 2, so 2 spaces in any direction from Turret Bot is a hazard Space.

To sum up:

1.  You have to be on a hazard space to trigger it.

2.  Things that crate a hazard space will tell you how far out they create them with the radius.

Bonus:  Objects that create hazard spaces still use Line of Sight to attack.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Hazard Spaces immediately trigger anytime a target enters a Hazard Space. If a target ends their turn on a Hazard Space, the Hazard Space will then trigger.

So say Proletariat want to take out The Operative, but she currently has the Hidden Blade in play (at least I believe that is the one where she creates Hazard Spaces), she only has 1 HP left, to Proletariat is feeling that he can take The Operative out. He decides to move next to her, so he triggers the Hazard space, getting attacked for being there. Proletariat tries his attack, but The Operative manages to block all his dice (curse her and getting bonus to Defense for being so low on health). Proletariat decides to try again since it is Unlimited, but once again fails. Now that he has used all his actions it goes to the To Be Continued, since he is standing on a Hazard Space, he will then suffer the attack again.