The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 92 of the Letters Page: Perestroika

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 92 of the Letters Page: Perestroika

A brand new, though I could see an argument for old, Russian team http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-92-perestroika

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

liarliar
liarliar's picture

I think Iron Curtain II might be one of my fave new villains. The way she took her father’s last words completely the wrong way, and the fact the rest of the team don’t really like her much, would make her a fairly tragic character...except that from their descriptions she seems pretty upbeat, as villains go. I think she’s charming.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Yeah, new Iron Curtain was definitely a standout. Even with her handicap of not having a sweet jacket. :V

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I feel like Perestroika needs just one more member; someone to even the odds against the Freedom Five and to provide a balance between the old guard of Mecha-Stalin and Marxman and the young blood of Iron Curtain II.  Proletariat by himself is too busy straddling the fence...

Powerhound_2000

I don’t know that I see a need for another team member especially when we don’t know who they are the primary antagonists of at this point.   Unless a lot of their actions take place primarily in Megaopolis I don’t see them being in confrontation with the Freedom Five.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I've always had some sympathy for Proletariat. He's been decieved and led astray so many times, it's hard to not want him to finally find some piece. I really like that one letter that told the story of how the heroes were able to heal and help Aleksandr after the event's in the reactor, and even convinced him to help their cause.

Iron Curtain II reads to me like alot of young people today: Angry, brash, and willing to fight for the first cause that makes them feel like they belong even if they don't fully understand how bad of an idea it is.

Marxman seems like an interesting character to me, gonna wait for more info on him. I didn't see his 'Upgraded' form anywhere, so I'm interested to see if it appears in the upcoming adventure...

I'm eager to find out any new info on Mecha-Stalin and his schemes. His true origin seems like one of those things that might be kept secret so each game table can figure out their own story, but there's always a chance C&A may give us more canon adventures, and bring it all to a big reveal...

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

I feel like Perestroika needs just one more member; someone to even the odds against the Freedom Five and to provide a balance between the old guard of Mecha-Stalin and Marxman and the young blood of Iron Curtain II.  Proletariat by himself is too busy straddling the fence...

Well Proletariat could always generate a clone, dress him up differently, and pretend he's a fifth member if that helps. :)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

"Yes, heroes, meet my evil brother, uh, Tairatelorp! Is Russian word, means 'definitely not Proletariat clone'."

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Hey, I'm looking at the site for the Letters Page, and I can't find the image they've been talking about. Where is it?

Powerhound_2000

liarliar
liarliar's picture

It’s on the patreon, but visible to anyone, just here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/reference-for-22620296

I forgot to say this earlier but, based on a couple of early off-the-cuff comments in there, I’m assuming that after Oblivaeon, Everyman gets back to his own universe and starts a hero team called The New Deal :D

FearLord

Good episode and sort of makes me wish Villain Team mode in the game had more proper ‘teams’ of Villains. Other than the Frightful Five, a lot of the other team villains, while interesting, don’t really feel like a coherent team.

Mecha Stalin is an interesting character, and I think the only Sentinel’s character that references a real world personality directly. It obviously invites a comparison between our world and the Sentinels comics Universe - did the Cold War play out in a similar way? America seems to have a large number of super heroes, several of which are affiliated with the government- would the presence of the Freedom Five not have upset the balance of power, or is the implication that the USSR had its own super powered soldiers all along that maintained a similar deterrent effect as in our world with Missiles?

We know about the original Iron Curtain a little - although have we seen any art of him?

Powerhound_2000

There is art of Iron Curtain in the Hero Challenge Achievements.pdf and that art is on the Collector’s Case box too.  

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

A post on the Patreon https://www.patreon.com/posts/reference-for-22620296

Ah, thank you. I forgot they said to look on the Patreon.

I really like the look of Marxman. Adam got some great textures on his hair, skin, and clothes, and his pose is unusual and compelling for a superhero glam shot. It really gives you clues into his personality.

Between him and Proletariat, now I want to go boot up the Metro games.