The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 85 of the Letters Page - Create a Story Live

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 85 of the Letters Page - Create a Story Live

Listen to Christopher and Adam make a story on the air   

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-85-create-a-story-live

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Just a thought, but could chain drive use  his chains to overclock his allies equipment as well?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I was really struck by how random and vague everything was at the start, then there was a point near the end where it all gelled, as though these characters had always existed in their minds.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Having one of them be a copy editor is great.

Is it too late to lobby for his name to be Brian? As a copy editor, I would be very happy with this.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Idea: have Lynchpin have a power that points out weaknesses.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Also, lots of 'buffing' type powers.  Lynchpin should be the key to making everyone else *better*.

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

During the beginning of the episode, I was yelling at the podcast to name the leader "The Gun" and make him be the gimicky gun character that they discussed. Also I was trying to figure out how to make the group be named G.U.N. but I couldn't figure out a good words to fill in the acronym. I would also have the 3 actual leaders names fill in GUN and the people they use to pay off debts would be called Bullets because for the most part they would be used once. Get it?

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

As they were going through some of the riffing, I immediately thought of a bad-guy version of the old (and short-lived) TV show Vengeance: Unlimited.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

This has been really cool to listen to - it's fun how participatory it feels, even to listen as a podcast. I kept having ideas I wanted to shout out. "If you call them COGS and the organization THE MACHINE, they're cogs in the machine!" "The paralegal would totally be able to find people to recruit!" "Oh, no, you made evil Jodie!"

A really fascinating thing about this episode and the Oni episode is how much they show that Christopher and Adam are willing to "kill their babies" - neither of them seemed to get stuck on an idea and be unable to let it go, until the whole story hung together. I can't say it went in a direction I expected, and it probably didn't go in a direction they expected either. That's probably my biggest takeaway from this episode: how their ability to not commit to an idea until the whole thing is ready for prime time makes it all stick together in a cohesive way.

The other thing I kept doing while listening was trying to figure out how to make a Sentinels deck out of the burn-the-system Order of the Simple Machine. I think I would make three character cards that are all the same on one side with no HP, with the costumes and masks, and on their flip sides have the dock manager, copy editor, and garbage man. The deck would be full of "cog" stooges as well as cards that are plots or schemes or something. Each of those would have a thing that happens for scheme success, and a thing that the heroes can do to foil it and flip an order leader. Heh. I guess I just like coming up with Sentinels decks.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

>evil Jodie

XD oh no!

Yeah, trying to cardify things they come up with/reveal for post-card-game settings has become a pastime. :)

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Well that was fun.

*excites*

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.