The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 75 of the Letters Page - Dark Watch Vol 1 issues 1-6

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 75 of the Letters Page - Dark Watch Vol 1 issues 1-6

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TheBazaarClerk
TheBazaarClerk's picture

Still going to listen to it in a couple of hours, but I'm already loving the Mignola homage. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I do enjoy these blow-by-blow "comic narration" episodes. :)

Some pretty epic stuff in this, like what Nightmist did to Zhu Long. I mean, prudent, but also hilariously mean. XD

Also never realized how close to the end of the Multiverse it was when Dark Watch got together.

redlife000
redlife000's picture
Playtester

I never thought it was the early teens, like that one letter did. But I also figured it was earlier than '99.

Although if I lived in that world, that's about the year I started reading comics seriously. So Dark Watch easily could have been a starting point for me.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Not a bad episode.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Christopher mentioned at one point that Setback's powers were literally stolen from Legacy.  Was that a reveal?  I don't recall hearing that before.  I think it was in the issue 5 or 6 blow-by-blow.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

The serum that gave him his other powers were described as making Setback half as strong/fast/tough/whatever as Legacy.  So it’s not new information.  His logo is outfit is also derivate of the Legacy outfit. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I know that his powers were similar to Legacy's, but Christopher made it sounds like the serum that empowered him was actually derived from Legacy somehow.  I don't believe that was ever stated before.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

It’s based off of Baron Blade’s serum he used to weaken Legacy that he tried to reverse engineer to give powers instead for Setback and himself.  Hard to say what was used to generate it originally.  Bottom line I don’t think it’s a shocking reveal or new by any means but you can always send in a letter for clarification.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

I thought it was a throwaway accidental miswording. They also referred to either issue 4 or issue 5 as issue 3 at some point.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

BB was trying to unlock the genetic code of Legacy so he could recreate it and use it on himself. While mostly a failure, seeing the success in Setback lead him to experiment on himself and become Jacked BB for Vengeance.

Legacy did not consent to this and had no knowledge of what was going on, So these power where effectively stolen from him by Baron Blade.

So I love the "Ninja Avalanche" line. NightMist is a Magical Hermit. And NightMist loses control of her powers. Yup liked the show, I am happy to hear more on NightMist, they even gave a good timeline to add my self-insert Character.

We also have a better ida when Setback and Expat's promo incaps come from.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star