The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 62 of the Letters Page: Disparation Dark Watch Team

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Episode 62 of the Letters Page: Disparation Dark Watch Team

You can find out all about Lucky Strike and his merry band of shadowy misfits here:

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-62-disparation-dark-watch-team

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Hopefully we get to hear about the team on the other side eventually.  The beginning also seemed to be some big hints of disparation stories to request.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I'll admit I was a smidgen disappointed at it being the Disparation Dark Watch, since the Disparation Freedom Five feels like it has the biggest differences from "our" universe, which thus piques my curiosity more.

This episode was still way entertaining, though. I love Tempest as a Hilariously Socially Inept and Morally Ambiguous Bounty Hunter. (Also the running gag of Earth being the Flyover Country of the universe.)

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Hankroyd

I'm disapointed by the fact that when I saw the picture, I somehow though : 'Well, Plague Rat got Infinitor's power in that weird version'. But no, his costume was a false lead.

I really hope we'll get the Freedom 5 variant too in the following monthes ! Vote well, people. :)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This was really fun and kind of everything I wanted?

Except for "how about that Freedom Five tho", of course. :V

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I don't know what there is to be disappointed about, I thought this episode was fantastic! I love "What if?" style stories, they always give you so much to think about and make me hungry for more.

I really like Disparation Dark Watch. If anything, I'm sad that there isn't any more stories about them. It's so cool how one or two tweaks in a character's history can make them someone SOOOOOOOO different, yet still kind of the same... I gotta see about asking A&C why DDW and DFV were fighting eachother.

I now just feel like giving Rat-Beast a hug and sharing a grilled cheeze with him...

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Also, thank you for killing the "Tempest Episode!" title joke that was in the last few weeks of Letter's Page podcast threads. That was starting to get annoying.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

I don't know what there is to be disappointed about, I thought this episode was fantastic!

Now I feel super bad. X3 I wasn't disappointed in the slightest in the actual episode; I just have a burning curiosity about the DFV too.

Seriously, tho. Love Disparation Tempest. "Yeah I guess sometimes the people with the money are kinda a little not OK? I maybe blew up a space orphanage once or twice? But you guys will still look after me right?"

Phantom5613 wrote:

Also, thank you for killing the "Tempest Episode!" title joke that was in the last few weeks of Letter's Page podcast threads. That was starting to get annoying.

Heh! I like making up fake subtitles whenever I'm the one to post an Editor's Note thread (though I'll stop if anyone's offended by it), but decided to go straight up for this one.

The Girl With N...

Man, this version of RevoCorp sounds kinda... eugenics-y. I kinda see where Amy was coming from.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

The Girl With No Name wrote:

Man, this version of RevoCorp sounds kinda... eugenics-y. I kinda see where Amy was coming from.

The guys were trying to cure AIDS and Cancer. I'll give them a pass.

The Girl With N...

Phantom5613 wrote:

The guys were trying to cure AIDS and Cancer. I'll give them a pass.

Eh, touché. 

Hankroyd

Phantom5613 wrote:

I don't know what there is to be disappointed about, I thought this episode was fantastic! I love "What if?" style stories, they always give you so much to think about and make me hungry for more. (...)

Well 'disapointed' was a strong word.

I really enjoyed it too, but I spend years wondering what plague rat would do with Infinitor's powers, and it happens that he doesn't have them ... 

TheBazaarClerk
TheBazaarClerk's picture

Yeah, based on the descriptions of Revocorp, and how they were trying to "solve" autism... There's no way I'm trusting that company, good intentions or not. 

Edit: Edited my text to make it clear I was talking about Revocorp. The original sounded like I was angry and C&A, which is definitely not the case.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Woot it is not like I wanted to listen to this for 2 years now. Or that this image been on my background or framed on my wall.

That group sounds amazing. It did sound like they reached as far as they thought on the idea but could go on if they where "forced" to. Also Cop Voss, what kinda cop is he? The straight by the books, the "I go where I wanna go" kinds or noble heroic cop.

I like this Revocrop, I am into the sci fi look.

Finally got half my of my answer! Now the wait for the Alt F5. And any other Desperation Stories, I loved reading Exiles, and watching Sliders growing up.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Let's do a quick tally.

• Plauge rat is a cop who took a bath in toxic acid by accident.
  • Setback is a kung fu badass who trained under mister fixer (which brings up the question of is mister fixer alive or not considering that Lucky Strike has his hat).
  • kismet is a superhero with luck manipulation powers who likes to watch people gamble.
  • tempest is a gruff bounty hunter but otherwise not much has changed.
  • bloogo is feral
  • the wraith is not maya montgomery but instead an undead witch who summons spites.
  • citizen sun is a corrup corporate executive.
  • and finally expatriate is [censored]

All in all, great fanfic fuel. Someone, if not me, should get on that.

(oh, and zhu long is a cranky old man who lives in rook city)

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

X-metal wrote:

Setback is a kung fu badass who trained under mister fixer (which brings up the question of is mister fixer alive or not considering that Lucky Strike has his hat).

I mean, it's a hat for the local baseball team.  There's probably a lot of people in Rook City with that hat.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

rjc917 wrote:

X-metal wrote:
Setback is a kung fu badass who trained under mister fixer (which brings up the question of is mister fixer alive or not considering that Lucky Strike has his hat).

I mean, it's a hat for the local baseball team.  There's probably a lot of people in Rook City with that hat.

yes but fixer has a hat! It's his Iconic hat! He doesn't lose his hat! That's how you know that dark watch fixer is off! He doesn't have his hat! As such: noone else gets a hat even remotely similar (which brings up the wuestion of why the local baseball team uses a kanji as it's logo (or at least I assume that's a kanji)).

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

X-metal wrote:
... (which brings up the wuestion of why the local baseball team uses a kanji as it's logo (or at least I assume that's a kanji)).

It's not a Kanji character, it's a stylized "RC".
X-metal
X-metal's picture

dpt wrote:

X-metal wrote:
... (which brings up the wuestion of why the local baseball team uses a kanji as it's logo (or at least I assume that's a kanji)).

It's not a Kanji character, it's a stylized "RC".

my life is a lie! (I also need to go back and listen to earlier letters page episodes again. I was always skipping the questions early on.)

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

I was actually kind of hoping this week's episode title was going to be "Tempest (And the rest of Disparation Dark Watch, too!)" as a final wrap-up to the joke, since he's actually in this episode. But I'm glad that it not being there made someone happy.