The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode #36- Clever title about Cosmitron in Freedom Tower

276 posts / 0 new
Last post
cmschex
Playtester

Look at Energy Burn, keep it on top of deck.  Conduit Blade goes to bottom of deck

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Buffer Overflow is destroyed when Sedative Flechettes would go into play; I draw Between the Lines.

I will actually take Targeting Arrow to the top of my deck on one of the Assault Drone plays. I think look at the new bottom card, which is Updated Intel; I leave it there.

End of environment turn, Buffer Overflow goes to the bottom of my deck. I look at Targeting Arrow on the top of my deck and put it back again.

I will take back Buffer Overflow on the (first) villain play. I don't think I should move Lightning Reflexes yet, as the way it stands Tachyon will be able to do a Fleet of Foot and then a Hypersonic Assault.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Turn of Events to the bottom.  Reveal "Whoops! sorry" and discard it.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

dpt wrote:

Buffer Overflow is destroyed when Sedative Flechettes would go into play; I draw Between the Lines.I will actually take Targeting Arrow to the top of my deck on one of the Assault Drone plays. I think look at the new bottom card, which is Updated Intel; I leave it there.End of environment turn, Buffer Overflow goes to the bottom of my deck. I look at Targeting Arrow on the top of my deck and put it back again.I will take back Buffer Overflow on the (first) villain play. I don't think I should move Lightning Reflexes yet, as the way it stands Tachyon will be able to do a Fleet of Foot and then a Hypersonic Assault.

Did the Hypersonic Assault in my trash work its way back on top of my deck during the villain turn due to Parse manipulations?

TLT plan is to work in Fleet of Foot and the newly discovered Hypersonic Assault this turn.  That will keep the EPE at bay - so single-target damage this turn should probably be aimed at Cosmitron and Repair drones.  Especially with an Interpolation Beam component out there. 

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Did the Hypersonic Assault in my trash work its way back on top of my deck during the villain turn due to Parse manipulations?

I was confused, no, the Hypersonic Assault is currently on top of your trash. So I'll move the Lightning Reflexes to the top of your deck if I get a chance (after I move Buffer Overflow, which I will draw and play this turn using Recompile).

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

dpt wrote:

I was confused, no, the Hypersonic Assault is currently on top of your trash. So I'll move the Lightning Reflexes to the top of your deck if I get a chance (after I move Buffer Overflow, which I will draw and play this turn using Recompile). 

Hold off on moving Lightning Reflexes to the top of my deck.  I'll need Fleet of Foot to draw Hypersonic Assault during my turn if I am going to also play it my next turn - which appears to be a good idea with the drone pile that is building up.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Arr, I'm an idiot. Yes, Hypersonic Assault is on top of your deck. On the villain turn, I will move Buffer Overflow to the top of my deck, then if I get another shot I'll move Turn of Events to the top of Setback's deck.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

(I'm also a little worried we're all going to get slaughtered by the huge pile of Drones. At least there's no damage from Cosmitron itself.)

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

dpt, will you please outline what you will be looking at on the villain play? There has been lot's of talk and it's a little confusing for this Humble facilitator

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

I've lost track; was there a bottom-of-deck manipulation left unused during the environment turn? If so, The Sentinels wouldn't mind taking a peek before the Maintainence Bay does its thing. I know I said I didn't need it before, but I may as well if nobody else wants it.

...yeah, me too.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

At the beginning of the environment turn, there were a total of 5 villain cards entering play. Here's what I did on each of them:

• Repair Drone; move Dr. Stinson's Secondary Lab to the top of the Environment deck.
  • Assault Drone #1: Look at Legacy's Landing Pad and put it back.
  • Sedative Flechettes: Cancelled.
  • Assault Drone #2: Move Targeting Arrow to the top of Parse's deck.
  • Assault Drone #3: Look at Updated Intel on the bottom of Parse's deck, replace it.
  • Interpolation Beam: This is unclaimed, and I will look at the bottom of the Sentinels' deck.

Note that Cosmitron will be flipping back to its Exterminator side. I still don't want to move the Automaton Drone on the bottom of its deck.

On the villain turn, Cosmitron will get two plays, barring Terraforming; I will

• Move Buffer Overflow to the top of my own deck
  • Move Turn of Events to the top of Setback's deck.
Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Thank you, Madame Parse. 

During the Environment play phase The Sentinels reveal Caliginous Form and replace it. End of Environment turn they move Horrifying Dichotomy from trash to bottom of deck.

All of this deck manip is getting overwhelming - I think we need to start posting a full deck summary at the end of any post in which we change our deck composition, e.g.:

===========================================

[The Sentinels; Round 3 Environmenent EoT] 

Hand:  Sentinels Tactics, Aura of Vision, Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Good Hero-Bad Hero, Fling into Darkness, Coordinated Assault,Restorative Burst, Human Shield, Unique Capabilities

In Play: Hippocratic Oath, Durasteel Chains

Trash: Unique Capabilities, Team Communications

Top of Deck: ?

Bottom of Deck: Caliginous Form, Horrifying Dichotomy

===========================================

(Any cards that changed listed in italics; timestamp on top.)

...yeah, me too.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Advanced Cosmitron - Round 4 

Cosmitron (63) [Sentient Dropship] 

Play: Electro Pulse Explosive [13],  S-85 Repair Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [4], Interpolation Beam

Trash: Terraforming, Disintegration Ray, Electro-magnetic Railgun, Electro-magnetic Railgun,Technological Singularity, Adaptive Plating Subroutine 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Start of Turn: Cosmitron flips to [Cosmic-Powered Exterminator]

EPE sits there, cursing the heroes

Play: Adaptive Plating Subroutine. Buffer Overflow is revealed from the bottom of Parse's deck and moved to the top 

End of Turn: Cosmitron plays Sedetive Flechettes. Parse moves Updated Intels from the bottom of Parse's's deck to the top. Cosmitron deals no damage to all hero targets. All hero ongoings are destroyed.

The repair drone heals Cosmitron for 5 HP [68].

Assault drone 1 deals Tachyon 5 melee damage [12].

Assault drone 2 deals Writhe 5 melee damage [9].

Assault drone 3 deals Mainstay 5 melee damage [10].

======================== 

Effects: 

Damage dealt to devices is decreased by 1  

Whenever a hero draws a card, Cosmitron deals that hero 1 energy damage

Cosmitron and the EPE may not deal damage till the start of Tachyon's turn

(Start of Turn)

- If there are no components in play, flip Cosmitron (Cosmitron) 

- Elecro-Pulse Explosive deals each hero target X Lightning Damage, where X is the current HP of the card (Electro Pulse Explosive)

-After Cosmitron is dealt damage of a certain type, he becomes immune to that type of damage

-Whenever Cosmitron is dealt a different type of damage, its immunity changes to that type

(End of Turn)

- Play the top card of the villain deck (Cosmitron)

-Repair drone heals Cosmitron for X HP, where X is the number of drones in play plus 1

-Assault drone 1 deals the hero target with the highest HP fX melee damage, where X is the number of drones in play plus 1

-Assault drone 2 deals the hero target with the highest HP fX melee damage, where X is the number of drones in play plus 1

-Assault drone 3 deals the hero target with the highest HP fX melee damage, where X is the number of drones in play plus 1

========== 

Cosmitron (68) [Cosmic Powered Exterminator]

Play: Electro Pulse Explosive [13],  S-85 Repair Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [4], Interpolation Beam, Adaptive Plating Subroutine

Trash:Terraforming, Disintegration Ray, Elecromagnetic Railgun, Elecromagnetic Railgun, Technological Singularity, S-85 Repair Drone, Adaptive plating Subroutine, Sedetive Fletchettes

Bottom of Deck: Sedetive Fletchettes, S-84 Automaton drone, EPE

========== 

K.N.Y.F.E.     - 14

Dr Medico - 13

Mainstay  - 10

The Idealist - 11 

Writhe   - 9 

Parse   - 14 

Team Leader Tachyon    - 12 

Setback    - 13 

===========

Comments: I used the ExPat hairtrigger reflexes ruling in regards to Updated Intel and Sedetive Fletchettes.Editted to deal Writhe and Mainstay damage

Powerhound_2000

Setback End of Environment:

Hand: Turn of Events, Looking Up, Plucky Break, High Risk Behavior, Cause and Effect, Reckless Rush, Exceeded Expectations, Wrong Time and Place
In Play: Looking Up
Trash: Plucky Break, Fumbling Fool,"Opps, Sorry"
On Bottom: Exceeded expectations, Turn of Events

I really don't need the Turn of Events put back on top as I have another copy in my hand already.

I'm still debating for my turn whether to play Turn of Events or Exceeded Expectations. Makes more sense to do Turn of Events if Reveal the Flaws is played.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Writhe [9]  and Mainstay [10] volunteer themselves as drone tributes.

...yeah, me too.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Rabk wrote:

Writhe [9]  and Mainstay [10] volunteer themselves as drone tributes.

Got it
Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

It's Parse's choice on whether to move it, I will edit it if she decides to revoke that choice

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I will instead move Updated Intel from the bottom of my deck to the top.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Can you include the villain targets in the end of turn summary as well?

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Changed it to Updated Intel. The targets are in the play section of the end of turn summary

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Um... given Cosmictron's flip to his DR side can Tachyon get some help from anyone in terms of a damage bonus?  Otherwise, Hypersonic Assault is not going to do much.  frown

Powerhound_2000

Parse has Reveal the Flaws so that may have to be the play.  

cmschex
Playtester

Ok, before I play my turn do we want to focus on the drones, EPE, or Cosmi?   I plan to take out the Adaptive Plating with the Servo Gauntlets

Powerhound_2000

Well for Servo Gauntlets you have to destroy a target so I would say focus on a drone you can take out with the Gauntlets.  

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Just a quick FYI update on current Tachyon Deck status:

In Play:  NONE

Hand: Pushing the Limits, Lightning Barrage (x2), Accelerated Assault, Fleet of Foot, Blinding Speed

Top of Deck: Hypersonic Assault (known due to environment card)

Bottom of Deck: Lightning Reflexes (bottom), Sonic Vortex (put there by environment card)

Trash: Hypersonic Assaut (top), Accelerated Assault, HUD Goggles, Supersonic Response

====

Initial plan for turn assuming damaging devices is possible is to play Pushing the Limits, Fleet of Foot, and then Hypersonic Assault.  Power use will be Team Leader.

cmschex
Playtester

K.N.Y.F.E.

HP: 14

Hand: For the Greater Good,  Primed Punch, Amplified Combatant, Incidental Contact, Overdo It

Play: Prototype Servo Gauntlets, Focused Conduit Blade

Trash: 

Bottom of Deck: Focused Conduit Blade

Additional Effects: Increase Melee Damage by KNYFE by 1. Increase Energy Damage by KNYFE by 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn:

Play: For the Greater Good. Take 3 Psychic damage (11). Draw Energy Burn. Play Battlefield Experience. Use Battlefield to deal EPE 2 melee and 2 energy (9). Draw Wrecking Uppercut. Play For the Greater Good. Take 3 Pshychic damage (8). Draw Over do it. Play Wrecking Uppercut to deal 3 damage to EPE (6). Energy Lance Assault Drone #1 (2)

Power:  Servo Gauntlets Assault Drone #1 (x). Destroy Adaptive Plating Subroutine

Draw:  Overchraged Null Shield

End of Turn:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 8

Hand: Overcharged Null Shield,  Primed Punch, Amplified Combatant, Incidental Contact, Overdo Itx2, Energy Burn

Play: Prototype Servo Gauntlets, Focused Conduit Blade

Trash:  Wrecking Uppercut, Battlefield Experience, For the Greater Goodx2

Additional Effects: Increase Melee Damage by KNYFE by 1. Increase Energy Damage by KNYFE by 1. Omni discard top card of it's deck

cmschex
Playtester

We'll want to do 3 more damag to Omnitron before Tacky's turn so we don't all get wrecked by Interpolation Beam from Fleet of Foot

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Oh, drat, I don't have Reveal the Flaws any more. The only irreducible damage I can provide right now is Between the Lines, which makes a power use irreducible; but that doesn't help Tachyon.

My status:

Hand: Gauge, Recompile (x2), Critical Multiplier, Data-Mining, Between the Lines

In Play: Nothing :(

Trash: Targeting Arrow, Between the Lines, Reveal the Flaws, Impossible Shot, Updated Intel, Critical Multiplier, Snap Decision

Top of Deck: Updated Intel (top), Buffer Overflow

Bottom of Deck: Unknown

cmschex
Playtester

Hmm, then I might need to edit my turn to wail on the EPE

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Can Critical Multiplier with your Recompile discard be used with Tachyon?  Minimally will be able to stop the EPE.  (If a 3-card discard can be used as 3 separate +1 buffs for Tachyon then can hit EPE, Cosmitorn (assuming he will flip again) at one of the Assault Drones at least.)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Unfortunately, I can't get out Critical Multiplier and then play Recompile.

Critical Multiplier also doesn't work like that: I give out +1 boosts and can distribute them among heroes, but all the boosts to one hero get used the first time she does damage.

cmschex
Playtester

Not that this matters to the current discussion but we will need a discard from the top of Omni's deck.  If I use the second For the Greater Good I should be able to kill the EPE but I wouldnt necessarily be able to take out Adaptive

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Bear in mind there's more damage coming later in the round. I could play Between the Lines, for instance. I don't know if Setback was going to play Turn of Events or if he has something better.

I'm really sorry about screwing up. I got much too focused on my setup there.

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

If KNYFE takes the EPE down to 7HP or lower I can Fling it into Darkness and let everyone else focus on the drones. Otherwise I can do, after DR, (1 to all and 2 additional to a single target) or (5 to a single target).

I have the potential for 1 more point of damage in my power phase if needed, though it would be preferable to switch on my DR or heal somebody instead.

...yeah, me too.

Powerhound_2000

Well I can do Turn of Events or Exceeded Expectations to hit 5 targets for 2 melee damage.  Not sure which is better. 

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Keep in mind that if we wreck the Interpolation Beam before Cosmi's turn any drones still on the table will get +1 damage dealt and the Dropship will be hitting our 3 highest for  each at EoT (and get additional plays from drones entering play, including the one the Training Simulator will presumably revive next round). indecision If we let him keep the Beam for now instead, devices retain their DR1 and he'll just play a single card at EoT. I think that, even with TLT doing her thing, 1 damage per card drawn is a fair trade-off for pushing that big "ouch" back a round while we handle the mess we already have on our hands.

If we focus on clearing our EPE/Drone problem this round, Parse could Critically Multiply TLT on the next one to help push a Hypersonic through before he flips and starts trying to zap us again.

...yeah, me too.

cmschex
Playtester

Edited turn to clear one Assault drone instead of Repair and get EPE down to 7.  Still cleared adaptive plating but no damage to Omni

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Given the DR will stop TLT from damaging much I figure I can do Blinding Speed on the Training Room - that will reduce villain target generation a bit.

Is everyone good with getting hit for two points damage by Interpolation Beam between Fleet of Foot and Team Leader?  Or should I save Fleet of Foot for next turn along with Hypersonic Assault and we work on getting Interpolation Beam?

(Note: I will be gone for most of the day and not looking at the forum until this evening.)

Powerhound_2000

I can hit the EPE or a drone for 4 damage with Cause and Effect and destroy Training Simulator or another environment card with it.  However, I take 5 damage from and another 1 when I draw a card end of my turn.   I can play Turn of Events the following turn depending upon the Risk play.  Overall, if we are keeping Cosmitron on this side that seems the better play from Setback.  

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Remember that most card draws are optional, including Fleet of Foot and the end-of-turn draw; TLT's power is not optional.  I think it's worth that small amount of damage to keep Omnitron on this side.

cmschex
Playtester

Sentinels should be able to take care of the EPE, which leaves two Assualt Drones and the Repair Drone, which isn't too bad

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Getting rid of the Training Simulator would also help for when that other Terraforming pops up here in a little bit. This is probably the worst possible environment for those things. I will also be away from the computer most of the day. For now, though, here's The Sentinels' simplified turn so things can continue moving. I'll come back and properly format it when I'm no longer on mobile. Play phase: Mainstay punches the EPE for 3 [4] and his buddy Writhe emerges from the shadows to Fling it the rest of the way into Darkness [X_X]. Power phase: Medico heals Mainstay for 3 HP [13]. That way he'll be tied for highest once everyone else draws a card so he can start tanking (and cross his fingers against a Singularity).

The Sentinels; Round 4, Start of Turn

The Idealist: 11
Dr. Medico: 13
Writhe: 14
Mainstay: 14

Hand: Sentinels Tactics, Aura of Vision, Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Fling into Darkness, Good Hero-Bad Hero, Coordinated Assault,Restorative Burst, Human Shield, Unique Capabilities

In Play: Durasteel Chains

Trash: Unique Capabilities, Team Communications, Hippocratic Oath

===================================================================

Start of Turn: --

Play: Fling into Darkness: Mainstay deals theEPE 3 [4] and Writhe destroys it [X]

Power: M.D.: Heal Mainstay for 3 [13]

Draw: Telekinetic Wallop

End of Turn: --

The Sentinels; Round 4, End of Turn

Hand: Sentinels Tactics, Aura of Vision, Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Good Hero-Bad Hero, Coordinated Assault, Restorative Burst, Human Shield, Unique Capabilities, Telekinetic Wallop

Trash: Unique Capabilities, Team Communications, Hippocratic Oath, Fling into Darkness

Additional Effects: Reduce Damage dealt to Mainstay by 1. Increase damage dealt by Mainstay by 1.

[Edit to include Tachyon & Setback's turns]

The Sentinels; Round 4, Start of Environment Turn

Hand: Sentinels Tactics, Aura of Vision, Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Good Hero-Bad Hero, Coordinated Assault, Restorative Burst, Human Shield, Unique Capabilities, Telekinetic Wallop, Team Communications, Positive Energy

Trash: Unique Capabilities, Team Communications, Hippocratic Oath, Fling into Darkness

Additional Effects: Reduce damage dealt to The Sentinels by 1. Reduce Damage dealt to Mainstay by 1. Increase damage dealt by Mainstay by 1.

...yeah, me too.

cmschex
Playtester

Omni is also losing the top card of the deck

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Parse

HP: 14

Hand: Gauge, Recompile (x2), Critical Multiplier, Data-Mining, Between the Lines

In play:

Trash: Between the Lines, Reveal the Flaws, Impossible Shot, Buffer Overflow, Critical Multiplier, Updated Intel, Snap Decision

Top of Deck: Buffer Overflow, Updated Intel

Play a card: Critical Multiplier

Use a power: Pinpoint Shot. Deal 2-1 projectile damage to another Assault Drone (3).

Draw a card: Updated Intel

HP: 14

Hand: Gauge, Recompile (x2), Data-Mining, Between the Lines, Updated Intel

In play: Critical Multiplier

Trash: Between the Lines, Reveal the Flaws, Impossible Shot, Buffer Overflow, Critical Multiplier, Updated Intel, Snap Decision

Top of Deck: Buffer Overflow

Additional effects: When I discard a card, select a hero target and increase damage dealt by 1. (Critical Multiplier)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Team Leader Tachyon

HP: 12

Hand: Pushing the Limits, Lightspeed Barrage (x2), Accelerated Assault, Fleet of Foot, Blinding Speed

In Play: (none)

Start: (none)

Play:  Pushing the Limits - Tachyon may play an additional card during Play Phase and draw an additional card during Draw Phase

Blinding Speed - Destroy Training Room environment card

Power: Team Leader - each player draws 1 card; draw Hypersonic Assault and take one damage [11] from Interpolation Beam

Draw: Synaptic Interruption and Synaptic Interruption - take 1 and 1 damage [9] from Interpolation Beam

End: (none)

====

Burst Cards in Trash:  3

Effects:

At the Start of Tachyon's turn she may deal herself 2 sonic damage.  If she takes no damage this way destroy Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits)

Tachyon may play an additional card in her Play Phase and draw an additional card in her Draw Phase (Pushing the Limits)

HP: 9

Hand: Lightspeed Barrage (x2), Accelerated Assault, Fleet of Foot, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption (x2)

In Play: Pushing the Limits

Trash: HUD Goggles, Supersonic Response (b), Accelerated Assault (b), Hypersonic Result, Blinding Speed (b)

Bottom of Deck: Lightning Reflexes, Sonic Vortex

Top of Deck: Unknown

(HP to 8 and add Lightning Reflexes to Hand due to Setback doing Turn of Events.)

Powerhound_2000

I'm doing my turn with the assumption TLT is not using her power 

Powerhound_2000

Setback

HP: 12
Hand: Turn of Events x2, Looking Up, Plucky Break, High Risk Behavior, Cause and Effect, Reckless Rush, Exceeded Expectations, Wrong Time and Place
Unlucky Pool: 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start
Play:  Turn of Events - Remove 5 tokens from my Unlucky Pool (0) , deal myself two psychic damage [10].  All other heroes may use a power now.  
KNYFE deals 2 damage to Assault drone #1 [1]
The Sentinels use the Block power
Parse deals 1 damage to Assault Drone #1 [x]
TLT allows all players to draw a card and I draw Karmic Retribution. Take one damage [9]
Power: Risk - Add one token to my Unlucky Pool (1) and play from top of deck.   I reveal Uncharmed life and put it into play.
Draw:  Reckless Rush take one damage [8]
End
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 8
Hand: Turn of Events, Looking Up, Plucky Break, High Risk Behavior, Cause and Effect, Reckless Rush x2, Exceeded Expectations, Wrong Time and Place, Karmic Retribution, 
In Play: 
Trash: Plucky Break, Fumbling Fool, "Opps, Sorry", Looking Up, Turn of Events
On Bottom: Exceeded Expectations
Effects:
Unlucky Pool: 1

Powerhound_2000

These are the current targets if that helps

Repair Drone [4]

Assault Drone # 1 [3]

Assault Drone # 2 [4]

the EPE was taken out on the Sentinels turn and the other Assault Drone was taken out by KNYFE.   Parse hit what is now Assault Drone #1

cmschex
Playtester

Do we want to just kill the first Assualt Drone? ALternately, we have just enough damage to kill the repair drone.  I do want to mention that the top card of Omni's deck still needs to be discarded

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

I say we kill the assault drone. It's easier to deal a little extra damage than to heal from having taken it.

If we need the 1 point of damage to kill something Idealist will do that with the power use from Setback. Otherwise, The Sentinels will turn on their DR.

...yeah, me too.

Pages