The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 31 - Dawn of Discord

203 posts / 0 new
Last post
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Omnitron-X

HP: 7
Hand: Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes (2), Defensive Blast, Slip Through Time
Play: Elemental Exochassis, Innervation Ray, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Bio-Engineering Beam, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Electro-Deployment Unit
Trash: Reset, Rocket Punch
Effects: DR2 for fire, cold, lightning, energy damage; at start of turn, heal 3 hero targets 1 each and deal 3 targets 1 lightning damage each, play or draw a card

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start: Innervation Ray restores 1 HP to Setback [5], Omnitron-X [8], Fanatic [8]; Gaussian Coil Blaster deals 1 damage to Ethereal Bonds [6/3] (3 if Setback hits them); Electro-Deployment Unit draws Technological Advancement
Play: Slip Through Time
Power: Timeshift Tachyon - reveal Nimble Strike and play it, deal 1 damage to Ethereal Bonds [5/2] and draw Lightning Reflexes
Draw: Focused Plasma Cannon
End: Play Focused Plasma Cannon; no power usage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 8
Hand: Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes (2), Technological Advancement, Defensive Blast
Play: Elemental Exochassis, Innervation Ray, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Bio-Engineering Beam, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Electro-Deployment Unit, Slip Through Time, Focused Plasma Cannon
Trash: Reset, Rocket Punch
Effects: DR2 for fire, cold, lightning, energy damage (taking one of these kinds of damage lets Omni-X deal 1 target 2 damage of that type); at start of turn, heal 3 hero targets 1 each and deal 3 targets 1 lightning damage each, play or draw a card, deal 2 irreducible fire damage to 1 target

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

I thought Setback destroyed Etheral Bonds using Cause and Effect.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Setback had to discard an Exceeded Expectations, so there's that...

And I did destroy the Ethereal Bonds with Cause and Effect, as the Portal Fiend was already toast.

(For the record, I'm back from Origins now, so I can actually post and focus on what I'm doing...)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Rather, the Portal Fiend never was: that was the threat on the bottom of the environment deck. It sounds like maybe I should let it come out next time around.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ok. Updated to remove the Bio Beam

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Parse

Hand: Recompile, Reveal the Flaws, Data-Mining, Buffer Overflow

In play: Extrasensory Awareness, Updated Intel, Critical Multiplier

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Recompile. Discard my hand. Draw Updated Intel, Gauge, Buffer Overflow, Snap Decision, Syntactic Analysis, Between the Lines. Next damage dealt by Parse is increased by another three (now at +4).

Use a power: Extrasensory Awareness. Reveal the top three cards of the villain deck and do the stacking thing.

Draw a card: Targeting Arrow

End of hero turn:

Hand: Updated Intel, Gauge, Buffer Overflow, Snap Decision, Syntactic Analysis, Between the Lines, Targeting Arrow

Trash: Impossible Shot, Exploit Vulnerability, Targeting Arrow, Syntactic Analysis, Recompile, Data-Mining, Updated Intel, Quick Calculation, Recompile, Reveal the Flaws, Data-Mining, Buffer Overflow

Additional effects: Whenever a villain card enters play, you may look at the bottom card of a deck, then put it on the top or bottom of that deck.
Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.
Next damage dealt by Parse is increased by 4.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

ESP reveals Blinding Blast, Return With the Dawn, and... Citizen Spring.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Environment - The Realm of Discord

In Play: Explosive Bubble (1)

Start: (none)

Play: Time Crawls

End: Bubble zaps Citizen Dawn [33] for 0 energy damage.

Effects:

- At the end of the Environment turn, the Explosive Bubbles deal 2 energy damage to the X non-environment cards with the highest HP, where X = the HP of the Explosive Bubbles.

- Each hero turn that hero's player must skip either their play or power phase. (Time Crawls)

- Reduce all damage dealt by villain targets by 1 (Time Crawls)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Since Dawn won't flip this turn I'd say with ESP to discard Return With the Dawn, Put Citizen Spring on top then Blinding Blast, and hope after Spring is played if we have a better option at the bottom of Dawn's Deck.  If not, we will have some awfully small hands.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I feel like Blinding Blast is substantially worse than Return with the Dawn. We have multiple ways to kill ongoings. If we go End of Days, it'll get taken out as well. Whereas Blinding Blast will hurt us all (and none of us is particularly healthy) and force us to discard.

Powerhound_2000

Villian damage is reduced by 1 due to the environment and we have potential for more damage or more DR from the citizens in the trash.  I'd rather deal with one new citizen rather then two since we will be dealing with them another round. 

Edit: I'll still hold onto End of Days no matter what as I think after Dawn flips it's the best option for pulling this out. If others disagree I don't mind dropping it for a discard.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock

I realize this is a weird thing to say, but please make sure that Setback dies before End of Days goes off.  I'm at 4 hp now, but I should be sitting at 15 Unlucky Tokens or so if Silver Lining is still in play when I die.  That'll definitely give me a much needed boost.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The Extrasensory Awareness went off before we knew about the damage reduction. So I'm going to go with discarding Blinding Blast, putting Citizen Spring then Return with the Dawn on top.

After Citizen Spring is played I will look at the bottom of the villain deck.

Powerhound_2000

Yeah I would agree with that since we didn't know about Time Crawls.  Forgot about the order

Edit: I'll try my best to kill Setback cool

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

And here we go...

CITIZEN DAWN - ROUND 6

Citizen Dawn (33) [Leader of the Citizens of the Sun]

In Play:
Citizen Blood (1)
Citizen Battery (3)
Citizen Truth (7)
Citizen Tears (5)

Start of Turn:
(Nothing happens)

Play: Citizen Spring (6)
      - Updated Intel for Parse - bottom card of villain deck is Healing Light (moved to top of deck by Parse)

End of Turn:
Healing Light is played - Dawn gains 10 HP and other citizens healed to full points
      - Updated Intel for Parse - bottom card of environment deck is Portal Fiend (moved to top of deck by Parse)
Citizen Blood hits Setback [4] for 1 Melee damage
Citizen Battery hits Omnitron-X for (2-2) Energy damage
Each player discards a card due to Citizen Tears, if they do they take 0 melee damage.
Citizen Spring heals Citizen Dawn for 1 HP.

Citizens in Play:  6

========================
Effects:
- Citzen Dawn is immune to damage (Citizen Dawn)
- At the end of the villain turn play the top card of the Villain deck (Citizen Dawn)
- If Citizen Sweat is in play, Citizen Blood deals each hero target 1 melee damage (Citizen Blood)
- If Citizen Tears is in play, increase damage dealt by Citizen Blood by 1 (Citizen Blood)
- Villain targets other than Citizen Truth are immune to damage (Citizen Truth)
- Reduce damage down to Citizen Truth by 1 (Citizen Truth)

(Start of Turn)
- If there are six or more citizens in play, flip Citizen Dawn's card [Citizen Dawn - Merged With the Power of the Sun side]

(End of Turn)
- Citizen Blood deals the hero target with the lowest HP 1 Melee damage (Citizen Blood)
- Citizen Battery deals the hero target with the highest HP 3 energy damage (Citizen Battery)
- If Citizen Assault is in play increase damage dealt by Citizen Battery by 2 (Citizen Battery)
- Each player discards one card (Citizen Tears)
- If Citizen Blood is in play, Citizen Tears deals each hero melee damage equal to the number of cards discarded by their players this turn (Citizen Tears)
- At the end of the villain turn, each citizen regains 1 HP (Citizen Spring)

==========
Citizen Dawn  (44)  (immune)
Citizen Blood (5)   (immune)
Citizen Battery (7) (immune)
Citizen Truth (7)   (DR -1)
Citizen Tears (5)   (immune)
Citizen Spring (6)  (immune)

==========
Fanatic    -  8
Setback    -  4
Tachyon    -  8
Omnitron-X -  8 (DR -2 for cold, fire, lightning, energy)
Parse      -  7

===========
Explosive Bubbles (1)

----- Player actions to be done:

a. Decide who takes hit from Citizen Battery (3 if Fanatic or Tachyon; 1 if Omnitron-X) [Done]

b. Each player discards a card for Citizen Tears effect. [in progress]

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

I realize this is a weird thing to say, but please make sure that Setback dies before End of Days goes off.  I'm at 4 hp now, but I should be sitting at 15 Unlucky Tokens or so if Silver Lining is still in play when I die.  That'll definitely give me a much needed boost.

Given that wish I half-expected you to say something about Omnitron-X healing you last round.  Because barring that and the effects of Time Crawls Setback was going to go down between Citizen Blood's damage and the self-inflicted damage from Looking Up.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I will take Healing Light to the top of the villain deck.

When Healing Light gets played, I will move the Portal Fiend from the bottom of the environment deck to the top, as I plan to do Extrasensory Awareness anyway.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Villain turn edited to complete it and take Parse decisions into account.  Please note further player decisions to be made to complete the turn.

Powerhound_2000

Fanatic

Edit: Discarded End of Days to Sweat instead of Consecrated Ground.
Going to be a nothing turn essentially so I can get some cards before playing End of Days next turn since play or power had to be skipped anyways. 

Hand: Smite the Transgressor, Consecrated Ground, Absolution
Play: 
Trash:
Effects:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start
Play: Skip
Power: Skip
Draw: Holy Nova, Chastise
End
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand: Smite the Transgressor, Consecrated Ground, Absolution, Holy Nova, Chastise
Play: Aegis Of Resurrection
Trash: Brutal Censure,Smite the Transgressor,Divine Sacrifice,Sacrosanct Martyr, Prayer of Desperation, Consecrated Ground, Aegis of Resurrection, Divine Focus, End of Days
Effects:  When Fanatic would be dropped to 0 or fewer HP destroy Aegis of Resurrection and restore Fanatic to 10 HP

Powerhound_2000

Damage is reduced by one from Time Crawls and Dawn is not increasing damage on this side so Battery is only doing 2 damage.  So OmnitronX should take Battery damage for nothing.  

Powerhound_2000

On a side note Setback can take himself out by the damage from Looking Up Pyschic damage from the start of his turn and next turn if a villain can't take him out.  At which point you have 18 tokens for Silver Lining

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Damage is reduced by one from Time Crawls and Dawn is not increasing damage on this side so Battery is only doing 2 damage.  So OmnitronX should take Battery damage for nothing.  

Correct.  And I will assume that is what is done.  Not sure why I thought it was 4, probably from what you mentioned above.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Omni will dake the Battery damage.

I think the citizen HP might be off. Truth definitely took some damage.

Omni discards Disruptive Flechettes. Tachyon discards Nimble Strike.

PlatinumWarlock

Setback discards what I believe to be the only card in his hand (Exceeded Expectations).

Start of turn:  I deal myself 3 psychic damage [1].

Play:  n/a

Power:  I deal Citizen Truth net 2 melee damage [5] and put 3 tokens into my Unlucky Pool (17).

Draw:  Looking Up (oooh, a replacement for after End of Days!)

Status Effects:  At the start of Setback's turn, he's dealing himself 3 psychic damage.  If Setback is brought to 0 hp, clear the Unlucky Pool and restore him to that many hit points.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Tachyon

Play: HUD Goggles
Hand: Lightning Reflexes, Lightspeed Barrage, Pushing the Limits
Trash: Blinding Speed, Fleet of Foot, Hypersonic Assault (2), Nimble Strike (3), Quick Insight, Sonic Vortex (2), Sucker Punch (2), Supersonic Response, Research Grant, Synaptic Interruption (2), Pushing the Limits (2) - 11 Bursts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start:
Play: skip
Power: skip
Draw: Accelerated Assault and Lightning Reflexes
End:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play: HUD Goggles
Hand: Accelerated Assault, Lightning Reflexes (2), Lightspeed Barrage, Pushing the Limits
Trash: Blinding Speed, Fleet of Foot, Hypersonic Assault (2), Nimble Strike (3), Quick Insight, Sonic Vortex (2), Sucker Punch (2), Supersonic Response, Research Grant, Synaptic Interruption (2), Pushing the Limits (2) - 11 Bursts

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Omnitron-X

Hand: Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes, Technological Advancement, Defensive Blast
Play: Elemental Exochassis, Innervation Ray, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Bio-Engineering Beam, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Electro-Deployment Unit, Slip Through Time, Focused Plasma Cannon
Trash: Reset, Rocket Punch, Disruptive Flechettes
Effects: DR2 for fire, cold, lightning, energy damage (taking one of these kinds of damage lets Omni-X deal 1 target 2 damage of that type); at start of turn, heal 3 hero targets 1 each and deal 3 targets 1 lightning damage each, play or draw a card, deal 2 irreducible fire damage to 1 target

Start:

• Innervation Ray restores 1 HP to Omnitron-X [9], Tachyon [9], Parse [8]
  • Gaussian Coil Blaster deals no damage to Dawn, Blood, or Battery
  • Electro-Deployment Unit plays Technological Advancement; find Electro-Deployment Unit and put it into play; draw Ablative Coating
  • Slip Through Time destroys itself
  • Focused Plasma Cannon deals 2 damage to Citizen Truth [3]
  • Electro-Deployment Unit plays Defensive Blast

Play: skip
Power: Timeshift Setback - reveal Friendly Fire and put it into play
Draw: Self Sabotage
End:

HP: 9
Hand: Ablative Coating, Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes, Self Sabotage
Play: Elemental Exochassis, Innervation Ray, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Bio-Engineering Beam, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Electro-Deployment Unit, Focused Plasma Cannon, Electro-Deployment Unit, Defensive Blast
Trash: Reset, Rocket Punch, Disruptive Flechettes, Technological Advancement, Slip Through Time
Effects: DR2 for fire, cold, lightning, energy damage (taking one of these kinds of damage lets Omni-X deal 1 target 2 damage of that type); at start of turn, heal 3 hero targets 1 each and deal 3 targets 1 lightning damage each, play or draw a card, deal 2 irreducible fire damage to 1 target, play or draw a card

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:
I think the citizen HP might be off. Truth definitely took some damage.
All Citizens other than Dawn were restored to full HP by Healing Light.
dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I guess we decided to leave Time Crawls in play? Fanatic, maybe you could keep Consecrated Ground to destroy it first thing next turn?

Parse discards Gauge; the damage from Citizen Blood is reduced to 0. The next damage dealt by Parse is increased by 5 (from Critical Multiplier).

PlatinumWarlock

Timeshift puts Friendly Fire into play.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Ooh, Friendly Fire isn't bad.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Parse

Hand: Updated Intel, Buffer Overflow, Snap Decision, Syntactic Analysis, Between the Lines, Targeting Arrow

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Skip

Use a power: Extrasensory Awareness. Reveal the top 3 cards of the villain deck, discard 1, put the other two back in either order.

Draw a card: Reveal the Flaws

End of hero turn:

Hand: Updated Intel, Buffer Overflow, Snap Decision, Syntactic Analysis, Between the Lines, Targeting Arrow, Reveal the Flaws

Trash: Impossible Shot, Exploit Vulnerability, Targeting Arrow, Syntactic Analysis, Recompile, Data-Mining, Updated Intel, Quick Calculation, Recompile, Reveal the Flaws, Data-Mining, Buffer Overflow, Gauge

Additional effects: Whenever a villain card enters play, you may look at the bottom card of a deck, then put it on the top or bottom of that deck.
Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.
Next damage dealt by Parse is increased by 5.

Powerhound_2000

dpt wrote:

I guess we decided to leave Time Crawls in play? Fanatic, maybe you could keep Consecrated Ground to destroy it first thing next turn?

My plan was to play End of Days next turn since Dawn will flip so that we can clear out all the Citizens in play.  

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

dpt wrote:

My plan was to play End of Days next turn since Dawn will flip so that we can clear out all the Citizens in play.

We may not need it. If we can take out Truth, Omni can hit them all with Disruptive Flechettes and Defensive Blast, which should more or less clear the board and just leave us with Dawn.

Powerhound_2000

What about the Portal fiend we have coming up?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's going to hit someone; probably one of us. But I feel like End of Days will be more disruptive to us than is necessary. Extrasensory Awareness can help to keep anything too horrible from coming out of Dawn's deck - nuking that might actually hurt us more than it helps. If Fanatic and Setback can get Truth down to 3HP, then Omni will be able to kill him with Plasma Cannon and the first hit from Disruptive Flechettes, dealing 6 to everything else. If not, it might be worth having Tachyon Lightspeed Barrage him and just let Fanatic and Setback get set up a bit.

Actually, I'm realizing that Time Crawls is going to be a problem. We would have to deal with that as well.

Powerhound_2000

Alright I'll edit my turn to keep onto Consecrated Ground and discard End of Days instead.  I'll destroy Time Crawls next turn and ultimately deal the Portal Fiend 3 damage since I won't be able to get through Truth's DR

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

It's too bad I didn't get a card play this turn, I could have boosted our power against Truth. But the -1 damage for the villains is big.

Powerhound_2000

How come OmnitronX didn't use the Plasma Cannon on Citizen Truth?   He is not in danger of going down before Dawn flips

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I have a new monitor, huzzah!

I can take Tachyon back now, much thanks to the elusive Grey Squiggle for filling in for me.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000

You're just in time to see Dawn flip back and hopefully we can finish her off from here.  

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

How come OmnitronX didn't use the Plasma Cannon on Citizen Truth?   He is not in danger of going down before Dawn flips

Because I didn't realize that he'd been healed and I was worried about killing him. I'll go back and edit if no one minds.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Good point about Omnitron's damage. There's also the Focused Plasma Cannon. We're guaranteed no damage on the environment turn, so taking him down to 1HP is fine.

PlatinumWarlock

Remind me why we decided to trash End of Days?  I thought the whole plan was to use it to wipe the whole group of Citizens as soon as Dawn flipped back?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

Remind me why we decided to trash End of Days?  I thought the whole plan was to use it to wipe the whole group of Citizens as soon as Dawn flipped back?

Omni can pretty much wipe them out with Flechettes and Defensive Blast, so we don't need to lose all of our stuff in the process.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think it's better to just kill them all. Omnitronks is pretty set up.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Parse's ESP reveals...

Return With the Dawn

Channel the Eclipse

Devastating Aurora

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Environment - The Realm of Discord

In Play: Explosive Bubble (1), Time Crawls (distortion)

Start: (none)

Play: Portal Fiend (17)

End: Bubble zaps Citizen Dawn [44] for 0 energy damage.

Effects:

- At the end of the Environment turn, the Explosive Bubbles deal 2 energy damage to the X non-environment cards with the highest HP, where X = the HP of the Explosive Bubbles.

- Each hero turn that hero's player must skip either their play or power phase. (Time Crawls)

- Reduce all damage dealt by villain targets by 1 (Time Crawls)

- At the start of the environment turn, Portal Fiend deals the non-environment target with the 2nd highest HP X Psychic damage, where X = the number of cards in the environment trash.  (Currently 5)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Current target HP track - and a few comments.  Just a summary for setting up the next round.

==========
Citizen Dawn  (44)  (immune)
Citizen Blood (5)   (immune)
Citizen Battery (7) (immune)
Citizen Truth (3)   (DR -1)
Citizen Tears (5)   (immune)
Citizen Spring (6)  (immune)

==========
Fanatic    -  8
Setback    -  1
Tachyon    -  9
Omnitron-X -  9 (DR -2 for cold, fire, lightning, energy)
Parse      -  8

===========
Explosive Bubbles (1)
Portal Fiend (17)

---

1. Villians other than Citizen Dawn were fully healed up by Healing Light.  (And Truth has since then been knocked back down.)

2. Citizen Blood hit Setback for 1 HP.  His attack got +1 from Citizen Tears being present, and -1 from Time Crawls.

3. Battery's attack on OX was negated between -1 for Time Crawls and -2 for OX's plating.

4. After Dawn flips the villains will be getting +1 due to advanced Citizen Dawn effect.  Plus Dawn will attack the high HP hero target.  On the plus side she won't play an extra villain card on this side.

PlatinumWarlock

*nods* I wasn't recognizing OX's ability to wipe the board there. No worries!
Let's do this!

Powerhound_2000

Neither did I. Don't worry setback will still get killed off

Pages