The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 23: Spite

145 posts / 0 new
Last post
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chrono-Ranger

I'm actually going to skip the power use this turn. I don't want to cycle my deck just yet, and Scholar isn't dealing any damage, so it doesn't matter if I break the shield for you or not.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

So all the Victims are safe and Spite is at 75 HP, dealing a net of 1 damage when a power is used?

Dark Watch Expatriette

HP:  24

In Play:  Tactical Shotgun

Hand:  Flak Jacket, Assault Rifle, Speed Loading, Submachine Gun x2, Quick-Draw x2, Reload

Trash:  Arsenal Access, Speed Loading, Flak Jacket, Quick-Draw, Submachine Gun, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Assault Rifle, Shock Rounds, RPG Launcher.

-------------------------

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Quick-Draw for Pride.

Use a PowerTactical Shotgun - 4 damage to Spite, he deals 1 back to me and heals for 1 [72], I discard five TBD cards, Chrono-Ranger may use a power.

Draw a Card:  TBD

End of Turn:

HP:  23

In Play:  Tactical Shotgun, Pride

Hand:  Flak Jacket, Assault Rifle, Speed Loading, Submachine Gun x2, Quick-Draw, Reload, TBD

Trash:  Arsenal Access, Speed Loading, Flak Jacket, Quick-Draw, Submachine Gun, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Assault Rifle, Shock Rounds, RPG Launcher, Quick-Draw, 5x TBD.

Effects:  Chrono-Ranger may use a power.  Pride may be returned to my hand for Compound Omicron.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Expat: Don't forget that your first damage to Spite is reduced by 3 (PL602). It looks like he would start your turn at 76 HP (healed 1 from the damage to Scholar). You would deal him 4-3 = 1 damage and he would heal that 1 back from retaliation damage. Then...

Chrono-Ranger

Compounded Bow

• Deal 3 projectile and 3 existential dread damage to Spite [70]
  • Spite deals 1 toxic damage to CR [18]
  • Spite heals 1 [71]
  • Discard the top 5 cards of CR's deck (Terrible Tech-Strike x 3, Just Doin' My Job x 2)
BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

The Realm of Discord

In Play: 

Trash: Time Flies, Ethereal Bonds, Claustrophobic Delusion, Imbued Vitality

Start of Turn: 

Play a Card: Ethereal Bonds enters play.

End of Turn: grumble grumble Flesh to Iron grumble

In Play: Ethereal Bonds

Trash: Time Flies, Claustrophobic Delusion, Ethereal Bonds, Imbued Vitality

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Err, you've entirely failed to rescue the bystander... Was that intentional?

-Reckless

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

No. I think that our intention was to rescue him. Messages earlier indicated that he had been rescued, but they must have been mistaken. Does anyone have cards to discard for him?

boxwood
Playtester

I'll do the discard, it was my original plan when i thought we had a sidekick. 

I'll discard expect the worst, offensive transmutation, and grace under fire.

ill edit my my turn shortly.

cmschex
Playtester

No need, I rescued him on my (Nightmist's) turn

boxwood
Playtester

If that's the case then the sidekick is still out, so I'll stick with what I did, since it's the same number of cards anyway and no one said they were saving him

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I discarded for Thiago, but I am willing to pick those back up to use with cyclone.

boxwood
Playtester

I'll take my cards back to my hand.

Also for the start of Spite's turn I'll return bring what you need to my hand

cmschex
Playtester

I'll return Astral Premonition

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round Six

Spite - 71

--------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn: FLIP. Spite regains 25HP [80], deals himself 16 toxic damage [64].

Three hero cards get bounced.

Play a Card: All heroes except Nightmist take 0 projectile damage.

End of Turn: Spite deals 0 infernal damage to all non-villain targets.

Spite destroys Ethereal Bonds, deals 0 psychic damage ot all hero targets.

-------------------------------------------------------

Spite - 64

Effects: ST: Return 3 hero cards in play to their owners' hands.

ET: Spite deals each non-villain target 1 infernal damage.

ET: Destroy all environment cards. Spite deals each hero target X psychic damage, X=the number of environment cards destroyed.

Whenever a hero uses a power, Spite deals them 2 toxic damage and discards the top five cards of their deck.

Increase damage dealt by Spite by 1.

The first time Spite would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 3.

Reduce damage dealt to Spire by 1.

Hero HP: Nightmist - 18, CR - 17, Tempest - 22, Scholar - 23, Expat - 23

-Reckless

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Wait, why does he regain all that HP?

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Advanced on-flip effect.

-Reckless

cmschex
Playtester

Dark Watch Nightmist

HP: 17

Hand: Planar Banishment (1), Mistfueled Recovery (4),  Heedless Lash (3), Enlightenment (2), Mist Form (3), Oblivion (3), Heedless Lash (2), Heedless Lash (3), Astral Premontion (4)

In play:  Starshield Necklace (3)

Trash: Enlightenment (1), Oblivion (4), Scouring Mists (3), Enlightenment (3), Mistbound (1), Scouring Mists (2), Call Forth (2), Astral Premonition (2), Call Forth (4), Scouring Mists (4), Call Forth (1), Planar Banishment (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Planar Banishment (2), Tome of Elder Magic (3), Mist Form (2), Mistbound (4), Elder Ring (2), Mists of Time (3), Master of Magic (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (3), Heedless Lash (1), Mistfueled Recovery (3), Master of Magic (2), Oblivion (1) (24 cards in trash)

Additional effects

Start of hero turn: 

Play a card: Heedless Lash - reveal Oblivion (2), deal 3-3 damage to Spite and 2 damage to Nightmist (15).  Put Oblivion into play - reveal Amulet of the Elder Gods (2) and deal all targets 2 damage Spite (58). Reveal Mists of time (4) and deal all non hero targets 4 damage.  Spite (53)

Use a power: none

Draw a card:Elder Ring (1)

End of hero turn: Discard Astral Premonition (4) to regain 4HP

HP: 17

Hand: Planar Banishment (1), Mistfueled Recovery (4), Enlightenment (2), Mist Form (3), Oblivion (3), Heedless Lash (2), Elder Ring (1)

Trash: Enlightenment (1), Oblivion (4), Scouring Mists (3), Enlightenment (3), Mistbound (1), Scouring Mists (2), Call Forth (2), Astral Premonition (2), Call Forth (4), Scouring Mists (4), Call Forth (1), Planar Banishment (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Planar Banishment (2), Tome of Elder Magic (3), Mist Form (2), Mistbound (4), Elder Ring (2), Mists of Time (3), Master of Magic (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (3), Heedless Lash (1), Mistfueled Recovery (3), Master of Magic (2), Oblivion (1), Astral Premontion (4), Astral Premontion (4), Oblivion (2), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Mists of Time (4), Heedless Lash (3) (29 cards in trash)

Additional effects

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

1) Spite's card-play damage should be 0 (1 + 1 [PL531] - 2 [neuro toxins])

2) Spite's self-damage at flip should be net -4 ((5 x victims) + 1 [PL531] - 1 [Advanced DR] - 2 [neuro toxins] - 3 [PL602] + 1 [BAM]); so 19 doesn't make any sense. I don't remember how many victims there were in the safe house, but assuming it was 4, then the damage should be 16.

3) In case anyone missed it, we all take 2 damage from Oblivion

4) I won't be using my power on Spite's turn - I want to pull some things from my trash.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Assuming that Spite is starting my turn with 58 HP and I bounced Jim's Hat for PL531.

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 18

Hand: Jim's Hat, Temporal Grenade (2), The Masadah, Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark (2), No Executions, Hunter and Hunted

Play: By Any Means (Spite), The Ultimate Target (Spite), Compounded Bow, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

Trash: 25 cards

Effects:

• Damage dealt to Spite is +1 [BAM]
  • Damage dealt to Spite by Chrono-Ranger is +1 [TUT]
  • The first time each turn that Spite deals damage, Chrono-Ranger may use a power [TUT]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play: Jim's Hat

Play: Ranger's Mark - take Dead or Alive from the trash and put it into play next to Spite; deal Spite 0 damage

Power: Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

• CR deals 2 projectile damage to Spite [56]
  • Damage dealt by Spite is -1
  • Spite deals 2+1-1 toxic damage to CR [16]
  • CR discards 5 cards (Bounty Board, Sudden Contract, <shuffle>, The Whole Gang, Displaced Armory (2))
  • Since Spite dealt damage, CR uses Compounded Bow

Power: Compounded Bow

• CR deals 2+2 projectile damage to Spite [52]
  • Spite deals 2+1-1 toxic damage to CR [14]
  • CR discards 5 cards (Sudden Contract (3), Danny Boy, Just Doin' My Job)

Draw: Hunter and Hunted

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 14

Hand: Temporal Grenade (2), The Masadah, Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark, No Executions, Hunter and Hunted (2)

Play: By Any Means (Spite), The Ultimate Target (Spite), Compounded Bow, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, Dead or Alive (Spite)

Trash: The Whole Gang, Displaced Armory (2), Sudden Contract (3), Danny Boy, Just Doin' My Job

Effects:

• Damage dealt to Spite is +1
  • Damage dealt to Spite by Chrono-Ranger is +1
  • The first time each turn that Spite deals damage, Chrono-Ranger may use a power
  • At the start of his turn, Chrono-Ranger heals 1 HP

I will be using Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower at the next opportunity.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I can return Cleansing Downpour this turn, but no healing.  If others can cover the 2 returns I'll switch out and heal instead.  Either way I figure if Scholar can DDA we'll be really well set up.

The Inhuman Tempest

HP:  22

In Play:  Electrical Storm, Vicious Cyclone, Gene-Bound Shackles.

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance, Cleansing Downpour, Lightning Slash, Localized Huricane, Otherwordly Resilience, Reclaim from the Deep

Trash:  Ball Lightning(2), Chain Lightning(2), Electrical Storm(2), Elemental Subwave inducer, Flash Flood(2),  Greivous Hail Storm(3), Into the Stratosphere, Otherwordly Resiliance, Reclaim from the Deep, Shielding Winds(2), Vicious Cyclone.

Start of Turn:  Electrical Storm deals Spite 1+2+1-1-3 lightning damage [52], Discard Localized Hurricane, Otherwordly Resilience, Lightning Slash to deal 1+2+1-1 x3 to Spite [43]

Play a Card:  Reclaim from the deep, I return Reclaim from the deep to my hand and draw it.

Use a Power:  Squall:  Deal 1+2+1-1 projectile damage to Spite [40] Spite deals me 2+1-1 [20] and discards 5.  Chrono goes pew pew

Draw a Card:  Lightning Slash

End of Turn:

HP:  20

In Play:  Electrical Storm, Shielding Winds, Vicious Cyclone

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance, Cleansing Downpour, Lightning Slash, Reclaim from the Deep

Trash:  Ball Lightning(2), Chain Lightning(3), Cleansing Downpour, Electrical Storm(2), Elemental Subwave inducer(2), Flash Flood(2),  Greivous Hail Storm(3), Into the Stratosphere(2), Lightning Slash, Localized Hurricane Otherwordly Resiliance(3), Reclaim from the Deep, Shielding Winds(2), Vicious Cyclone.

No healing this turn (unless we get two more returns and people want that over 3 damage to Spite)

Everyone put a card from your trash on top of your deck, and if Scholar wants we'll put them in play on his turn.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Phantaskippy, where is your +2 coming from? You get +1 from By Any Means, but nothing from The Ultimate Target. I think Spite should be at 44 after your power use.

Also, I will definitely take any healing that is available. Going to burn through my HP fast.

Not putting a card on top of my deck for Reclaim From The Deep, since I'm about to mill it anyway.

On Tempest's turn, after Spite deals damage:

Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower:

• Deal 2 (1+2[Bounties]-1[Advanced]) projectile damage to Spite [38]
  • Spite's damage is reduced by another 1 (-2 from NTDT currently)
  • Spite deals 1 toxic damage to CR [13]
  • CR discards 5 cards (Displaced Armory, Just Doin' My Job, Sudden Contract, Terrible Tech Strike, Hunter and Hunted)
cmschex
Playtester

Gene Bound Shackles are adding +2 to Tempest's damage.

Nightmist puts Oblivion (4) on top of deck

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Weird. I looked to see if they were in play and somehow managed to miss them. Edited my mini-turn.

boxwood
Playtester

The Scholar bounces bring what you need to his hand, and for reclaim from the deep puts the DDA in his discard on top of his deck, because the possible shenanigans could be fun.
The Scholar
HP:  23

I'm Play: Flesh to iron

Hand:  Don't dismiss anything, bring what you need, expect the worst, Grace under fire, truth seeker, flesh to iron, keep moving (2), offensive transmutation, proverbs and axioms, know when to turn loose, know when to hold fast.

Trash:  get out of the way(3), solid to liquid(3), transmutive recovery(3), keep moving(2), mortal form to energy(2), alchemical redirection, Grace under fire(2), know when to turn loose, offensive transmutation, proverbs and axioms, truth seeker, expect the worst

-------------------------Start of Turn:  discard a card (Grace under fire) to keep flesh to iron in play

Play a Card:  keep moving search my deck for adv elemental (flesh to iron) and put it into play, then shuffle and play another card

Okay keep moving again, this time mortal form to energy, and I play another card after shuffling the last three in my deck.

Play don't dismiss anything, each player may either put the top card of their deck into play or take a card from their discard and put it in top of their deck, I put another DDA into play another which then puts bring what you need into play.

Use a Power:  Bring what you need revealing the top 3 cards of my deck putting two in my hand and one on the bottom of my deck, revealing know when to hold fast (shuffle), Grace under fire, and keep moving. I put know when to hold fast and keep moving in my hand and Grace under fire beneath my deck. Spite fails at dealing me damage and I discard the top 5 cards of my deck. Alchemical redirection, Grace under fire, mortal form to energy, transmutive recovery, and get out of the way.

Draw a Card:  mortal form to energy.

End of Turn: none

In Play:  flesh to iron(2), mortal form to energy, bring what you need.

Hand:  Mortal firm to energy, bring what you need, expect the worst, flesh to iron, proverbs and axioms, offensive transmutation, know when to turn loose, know when to hold fast(2), truth seeker, keep moving.

Trash:  get out of the way, mortal form to energy, alchemical redirection, Grace under fire, and transmutive recovery

Additional effects reduce damage dealt to the scholar by 4, whenever the scholar remains hp he also deals 1 target that much energy damage.

Also each player may either move 1 card from their trash top the top of their deck or put the top card of their deck into play.

And that happens twice.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chrono-Ranger

DDA #1: Play Eye on the Prize (#1) from the top of my deck

• Deal 0 (3-3-1) projectile damage to Spite
  • Draw Eye on the Prize
  • Play Eye on the Prize (#2)
  • Deal 2 projectile damage to Spite [36]
  • Draw Eye on the Prize
  • Play Eye on the Prize (#3)
  • Deal 2 projectile damage to Spite [34]
  • Draw Terrible Tech-Strike
  • Play Hunter and Hunted

DDA #2: Play Terrible Tech-Strike from the top of my deck

• Deal 6 (2+1+1+3-1) melee damage to Spite [28]
  • Deal 5 (1+1+1+3-1) projectile damage to Spite [23]
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

DDA#1:  Aquatic Correspondance, draw Gene-Bound Shackles, Shielding Winds, Localized Hurricane

DDA#2:  Lightning Slash deals 7 (5+2+1-1) lightning damage to Spite [16]

cmschex
Playtester

Actually, shouldnt we do this in turn order?  Ah, it doesnt matter.

Put Heedless Lash (1) on top of my deck

Reveal Heedless Lash (1), which reveals Oblivion (4).  Deal myself 4 damage and Spite 4+1-1 (since CR already reduced damage he's taking full damage).  Spite (12)

Oblivion reveals Elder Ring (1) and Starshield Necklace (3) - dealing 1 damage to everyone and 3 damage to Spite (8)

boxwood
Playtester

As far as the turn order question goes, I assume we don't need to worry about it unless the card said so like set's flipside and the Atlantean font of power, so like other simultaneous effects it is up to how the players want to handle things.

Unless there were an actual ruling in the matter.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

I'm waiting for Nightmist to do the DDAs, then I'll go ahead with my turn.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

One rules comment: Your deck does not get reshuffled when you "reveal" cards, only when you "draw" or "discard" them. So Bring What You Need with only 1 card in your deck just nets you that one card. (Note this rule is missing from the printed rulebook.)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Everyone but Expat has done the DDA's.

boxwood
Playtester

dpt wrote:

One rules comment: Your deck does not get reshuffled when you "reveal" cards, only when you "draw" or "discard" them. So Bring What You Need with only 1 card in your deck just nets you that one card. (Note this rule is missing from the printed rulebook.)

Good to know, well at least I made the mistake in what looks like the last round of the game.

Where exactly has thks been said?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I don't remember where that comes from, but it is official, dray, play, discard are the only actions that cause an empty deck to shuffle the trash.

boxwood
Playtester

I guess it makes sense, hopefully we'll get a new rules supplement in the future.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Where did Misty post her DDA effect?  I didn't see it.

Anyway, life is busy this week, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it.  Sorry all.

boxwood wrote:

Good to know, well at least I made the mistake in what looks like the last round of the game.

Where exactly has thks been said?

I believe it was a rules question on these forums somewhere...but the main way that you can make sense of it is that if reveals could reshuffle, Prison Riots would very frequently lock the game in an infinite loop by repeatedly searching The Block's deck for Inmates which are already in play.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Envisioner wrote:

https://greaterthangames.com/comment/55310#comment-55310

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

grysqrl wrote:

Envisioner wrote:

https://greaterthangames.com/comment/55310#comment-55310

ANNOYED GRUNT...I did in fact see that post and somehow failed to register it.  Anyway, will get back to you when I can, sorry again for the delay.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Alright, let me see if I comprehend the entire situation....

Wait, did CR manage to get Spite's damage down so low that Hunter & Hunted doesn't result in Compound Omicron killing him?

Spite [64]

Effects: ST: Return 3 hero cards in play to their owners' hands.

ET: Spite deals each non-villain target 1 infernal damage.

ET: Destroy all environment cards. Spite deals each hero target X psychic damage, X=the number of environment cards destroyed.

Whenever a hero uses a power, Spite deals them 2 toxic damage and discards the top five cards of their deck.

Increase damage dealt by Spite by 1.

The first time Spite would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 3.

Reduce damage dealt to Spire by 1 (wait, where is this coming from?).

Dark Watch Nightmist

HP: 12

Hand: Planar Banishment (1), Mistfueled Recovery (4), Enlightenment (2), Mist Form (3), Oblivion (3), Heedless Lash (2), Elder Ring (1)

Trash: Enlightenment (1), Scouring Mists (3), Enlightenment (3), Mistbound (1), Scouring Mists (2), Call Forth (2), Astral Premonition (2), Call Forth (4), Scouring Mists (4), Call Forth (1), Planar Banishment (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Planar Banishment (2), Tome of Elder Magic (3), Mist Form (2), Mistbound (4), Elder Ring (2), Mists of Time (3), Master of Magic (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (3), Mistfueled Recovery (3), Master of Magic (2), Oblivion (1), Astral Premontion (4), Astral Premontion (4), Oblivion (2), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Mists of Time (4), Heedless Lash (3), Heedless Lash (1), Oblivion (4), Elder Ring (1), Starshield Necklace (3)

(Nightmist apparently has no cards left in her deck?)

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 13?

Hand: Temporal Grenade (2), The Masadah, Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark, No Executions, Hunter and Hunted, Terrible Tech-Strike

Play: By Any Means (Spite), The Ultimate Target (Spite), Compounded Bow, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, Dead or Alive (Spite), Hunter & Hunted

Trash: The Whole Gang, Displaced Armory (2), Sudden Contract (3), Danny Boy, Just Doin' My Job, plus 10 more cards, then three Eye on the Prizes.

Effects:

• Damage dealt to Spite is +1
  • Damage dealt to Spite by Chrono-Ranger is +1
  • The first time each turn that Spite deals damage, Chrono-Ranger may use a power
  • At the start of his turn, Chrono-Ranger heals 1 HP

Tempest

HP:  19

In Play:  Electrical Storm, Shielding Winds, Vicious Cyclone

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance, Cleansing Downpour, Lightning Slash, Reclaim from the Deep, Gene-Bound Shackles, Shielding Winds, Localized Hurricane

Trash:  Ball Lightning(2), Chain Lightning(3), Cleansing Downpour, Electrical Storm(2), Elemental Subwave inducer(2), Flash Flood(2),  Greivous Hail Storm(3), Into the Stratosphere(2), Lightning Slash, Localized Hurricane Otherwordly Resiliance(3), Reclaim from the Deep, Shielding Winds(2), Vicious Cyclone, Aquatic Correspondence, Lightning Slash

Everyone put a card from your trash on top of your deck, and if Scholar wants we'll put them in play on his turn.

The Scholar

In Play:  flesh to iron(2), mortal form to energy, bring what you need.

Hand:  Mortal firm to energy, bring what you need, expect the worst, flesh to iron, proverbs and axioms, offensive transmutation, know when to turn loose, know when to hold fast(2), truth seeker, keep moving.

Trash:  get out of the way, mortal form to energy, alchemical redirection, Grace under fire, and transmutive recovery

Additional effects reduce damage dealt to the scholar by 4, whenever the scholar remains hp he also deals 1 target that much energy damage.

Also each player may either move 1 card from their trash top the top of their deck or put the top card of their deck into play.

And that happens twice.

The Realm of Discord

In Play:

Trash: Time Flies, Claustrophobic Delusion, Ethereal Bonds x2, Imbued Vitality

Let me know if this is an accurate summary of the round.  I'm going to go ahead with my turn on the assumption it is.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Dark Watch Expatriette

HP:  20

In Play:  Tactical Shotgun, Pride

Hand:  Flak Jacket, Assault Rifle, Speed Loading, Submachine Gun x2, Quick-Draw, Reload, Incendiary Rounds

Trash:  Arsenal Access, Speed Loading, Flak Jacket, Quick-Draw, Submachine Gun, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Assault Rifle, Shock Rounds, RPG Launcher, Quick-Draw, Assault Rifle, Flak Jacket, Reload, Hollow Points, Hollow Points

During Villain Turn:  Pride is returned to my hand.

During Tempest's Turn:  Reclaim from the Deep puts Hollow Points on top of my deck

During Scholar's Turn:  Don't Dismiss Anything #1 puts Hollow Points into play on Tactical Shotgun.  Don't Dismiss Anything #2 puts Reload into play from the top of my deck; I put the other Hollow Points from trash into my hand.

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Speed Loading

Use a PowerTactical Shotgun + Hollow Points + By Any Means - Compound Xi - 4 net damage to Spite, he deals some amount back to me , and CR may use a power if he's still alive.  I discard RPG Launcher, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Arsenal Access, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, and Tactical Shotgun from the top of my deck.  Hollow Points are destroyed

Draw a Card:  Shock Rounds

End of Turn:

HP:  19 or less?

In Play:  Tactical Shotgun, Speed Loading

Hand:  Flak Jacket, Assault Rifle, Submachine Gun x2, Quick-Draw, Reload, Incendiary Rounds, Pride, Hollow Points, Shock Rounds

Trash:  Arsenal Access, Speed Loading, Flak Jacket, Quick-Draw, Submachine Gun, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Assault Rifle, Shock Rounds, RPG Launcher, Quick-Draw, Assault Rifle, Flak Jacket, Reload, RPG Launcher, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Arsenal Access, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Tactical Shotgun, Hollow Points.

Remaining in Deck:  Prejudice, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Arsenal Access, Tactical Shotgun, Incendiary Rounds, RPG Launcher, Unload, Unload.

Effects:  Very confused.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Why wouldn't I be alive? Spite hasn't damaged me since I put Hunter and Hunted into play.

Spite was at 12 HP before Expat's turn. His damage taken -1 is from Advanced, so you deal him 3 (so he's at 9 after you hit him.).

He deals Expat 1 retaliation damage. (I've neuro-toxined him twice).

When he hits Expat, I will use Compounded Bow, dealing 1 + 1[BAM] + 1[TUT] + 3[HaH] - 1[Adv] = 5 damage twice = 10. Spite is dead before he can retaliate.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

And thus Endeth Spite.

Big dude, and not so stable;

Will not be missed much.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Spiteku!

Rife with Confusion

The heroes victorious

shrug and go their ways.

or

Silly Psycopath

Villains never seem to learn,

Drugs and Crime don't pay.

I'll stop now.  

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

grysqrl wrote:

Why wouldn't I be alive? Spite hasn't damaged me since I put Hunter and Hunted into play.

Every time you used a power all round, Spite dealt damage to you because of Compound Omicron.  Unless you shot him 5 or 6 times with the Dart thrower, your 3 Bounties in play would bring that damage back up to an amount that would be fairly relevant to your low HP.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I haven't used a power since Hunter and Hunted went into play, which was during the Scholar's turn from DDA. Spite didn't deal any damage on Scholar's turn, so I didn't get a power use. Then it was your turn and now Spite is dead, so he doesn't get to hit back anymore. Also, check your compounds; Omicron is his shield.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

So it turns out this was my 100th game of Sentinels (not counting the one I jumped into after it started, nor any that I facilitated but didn't play in).  Rather an underwhelming one to have claimed that august anniversary.  I'm definitely done fighting original Spite for a very looooong time, and probably never doing so on Advanced again.  Bletch.  At least this time I almost got to use DW Expat's special Power.....

Pages