The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 23: Spite

145 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Thiago lets you draw at the start of the villain turn, not at the start of your turn.

Astral Premonition reveals Lab Raid and Forced Entry.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I assume we'll go with Lab Raid and put the remaining victims into the Safe House this round?

cmschex
Playtester

D'oh! Edited and I reshuffled my deck so I dont knwo whats coming

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:
On The Prowl, I'm guessing from Envisioner's move?

I assumed that nobody would ever pick Forced Entry instead, unless it was to get rid of it when nobody was actually in the Safe House.  I wanted to save the Lost Child too on my turn, but Collateral Damage makes that impossible without killing another Victim anyway, so I chose to discard rather than take damage.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unless I am mistaken, we are waiting for a decision on Astral Projection from cmschex?

cmschex
Playtester

Sorry, I thought I had said.  Yes, go with Lab Raid

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

I rather wish there was a Samaritan in play now, so we could make him Drug Raid before his turn; that way I could fire on him now and he'd flip before he'd heal 7.  As it is, I can Aim this turn, he'll Drug Raid, I can shoot him next round, and he'll flip right after that.

Also, only recently did it dawn on me that I can't stack Ammo with Speed Loading because of Compound Xi, which is too bad because Compound Xi will put more Ammo in my trash that I could Speed Load.  If only I had a way to draw a card between the start of my turn and my Power phase.  (Note to self: fight Agent of Gloom with Expat sometime, in the hopes of getting Compound Xi to turn up and then down.  Also try fighting in the Realm of Discord so that Time Crawls can skip Power Phases, as this lets the interaction happen slowly.)

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pull back Jim's Hat for PL531

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 23

Hand: Temporal Grenade (2), Sudden Contract, Hunter and Huntee, Compounded Bow, Ranger's Mark, Jim's Hat

Play: By Any Means (Spite)

Trash: Sudden Contract, Displaced Armory

Effects: Damage dealt to Spite is +1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play: Jim's Hat, Compounded Bow

Power: skip

Draw: Displaced Armory

Hand: Temporal Grenade (2), Sudden Contract, Hunter and Huntee, Ranger's Mark, Displaced Armory

Play: By Any Means (Spite), Compounded Bow, Jim's Hat

Trash: Sudden Contract, Displaced Armory

Effects: Damage dealt to Spite is +1

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Envisioner wrote:

I rather wish there was a Samaritan in play now, so we could make him Drug Raid before his turn; that way I could fire on him now and he'd flip before he'd heal 7.  As it is, I can Aim this turn, he'll Drug Raid, I can shoot him next round, and he'll flip right after that.Also, only recently did it dawn on me that I can't stack Ammo with Speed Loading because of Compound Xi, which is too bad because Compound Xi will put more Ammo in my trash that I could Speed Load.  If only I had a way to draw a card between the start of my turn and my Power phase.  (Note to self: fight Agent of Gloom with Expat sometime, in the hopes of getting Compound Xi to turn up and then down.  Also try fighting in the Realm of Discord so that Time Crawls can skip Power Phases, as this lets the interaction happen slowly.)

You need a friend to fix that for you.  Sadly no one here can really help.  Although if Scholar gets 2 DDA (at least one in hand) and you get unload we can chain that every round.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Oh god, Unload with Compound Xi in play, that would hurt a lot....

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

pfft, who needs health anyway?

boxwood
Playtester

Envisioner wrote:

Oh god, Unload with Compound Xi in play, that would hurt a lot....

Hey of you can build up your guns enough to do that I can try and get another alchemical redirection and keep out my flesh to irons as long as possible. Speaking of I'll take the third hit and bounce one of my flesh to irons back to my hand.
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The Inhuman Tempest

HP:  22

In Play:  Cleansing Downpour

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance, Electrical Storm, Elemental Subwave Inducer, Gene Bound Shackles, Otherwordly Resilience, Shielding Winds

Trash:

-------------------------

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Electrical Storm

Use a Power:  Cleansing Downpour causes all hero targets to regain 2 hp.  Spite tried to hurt Scholar and fails, I lose the top five cards of my deck.

Draw a Card:  Reclaim from the deep!

End of Turn:

HP:  24

In Play:  Cleansing Downpour

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance,  Elemental Subwave Inducer, Gene Bound Shackles, Otherwordly Resilience, Reclaim from the Deep, Shielding Winds

Trash:  Chain Lightning,Flash Flood(2),  Greivous Hail Storm(3), Into the Stratosphere, Reclaim from the Deep, Shielding Winds, Vicious Cyclone.

My current plan is to get Visious Cyclone and Shackles into play.  That way Storm can eat the reduction, and cyclone can hit him for 3 each discard.  Then for a power I can heal or hit Spite for another 3.

But that means I need this coming villain turn and three more without returning cards for the drug.  People cool with that?  I could lose the healing if needed.  

I don't know how that looks vs. what others can throw down. Chrono looks to have Ultimate Target out next turn, which could be sick, although he'll be getting hit pretty hard for doing it.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

Chrono looks to have Ultimate Target out next turn, which could be sick, although he'll be getting hit pretty hard for doing it.

Yeah, my plan is to Compounded Bow him every time someone uses a power, so I'll probably die pretty fast but I'll be hitting him harder and breaking his damage shield for everyone. Any healing would, of course, be appreciated.

boxwood
Playtester

The Scholar

HP: 25

Hand: expect the worst(2), know when to turn loose, get out of the way, offensive transmutation, don't dismiss anything flesh to iron

Play: Flesh to iron, alchemical redirection

Trash: Grace under fire(2), keep moving(2), transmutive recovery(2), get out of the way, know when to turn loose, and truth seeker.

Effects: Redirect all damage dealt to hero targets to The Scholar, reduce damage dealt to the scholar by 2.

Start: destroy alchemical redirection. Discard a card (expect the worst) to keep flesh to iron in play

Play: Don't dismiss anything(in the hopes we can get some ongoing/equipment buffer.)
So either play the to card of your deck or move a card from your discard to the top of your deck. I choose to play the top card of my deck it's truth seeker.

Power: truth seeker, deal spite 2 damage which he negates and I draw bring what you need. He deals New 2 damage which I negate then I discard the top 5 cards of my deck (solid top liquid (2), alchemical redirection, transmitting recovery, and get it off the way.

Draw: proverbs and axioms

HP: 25

Hand: proverbs and axioms, bring what you need, flesh to iron, offensive transmutation, get out of the way, know when to turn loose, expect the worst

Play: Flesh to iron and truth seeker.

Trash: transmutive recovery(3), Grace under fire(2), alchemical redirection(2), keep moving(2), solid to liquid(2), get out of the way(2), expect the worst, know when to turn loose, truth seeker, don't dismiss anything

Effects: reduce damage dealt to the scholar by 2..

Each player may either move 1 card from their trash to the top off their deck, or put the top card of their deck into play.

I feel like I should have announced my plan before hand, hope this doesn't turn out to be a wash.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

If you want, you could save DDA for next round, I plan on playing reclaim, and if you follow with DDA the card will go from trash into play.  With all the cards to trash it might be preferable.

boxwood
Playtester

Eh, I think I'll leave it as is because it worked for me (i really like that it netted me a truth seeker out and bring what you need in my hand.) and I don't want to reshuffle, if it doesn't work out like I hope then I'll sacrifice both of my cards at the start of the villain turn.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chrono-Ranger

DDA plays: Eye on the Prize

Deal 0 (2-2[PL602]) projectile damage to Spite [80]

Deal 1 projectile damage to Ethereal Bonds [4]

Draw The Masadah

Play: Sudden Contract

Find Ultimate Target from the deck and play it next to Spite.

Deal 3 projectile damage to Spite [77]

Deal 1 projectile damage to Ethereal Bonds [3]

Truth Seeker now does full damage to Spite. If Spite deals any damage this turn, I will use Compounded Bow as well.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Don't forget you guys, Spite still lifefaps whenever he deals damage; there's little point in attacking him until after he flips, which will be two turns from now.  I'm planning to Aim now and shoot on my next turn...he'll heal immediately after I shoot him, but he might at least lose a couple HP thanks to the Aim.  I wouldn't waste CR's HP shooting until after his next and last 7-HP start-of-turn has been wasted, to say nothing of the 3 he heals every time CR uses a power to deal him 4.  Just wait for it, would be my advice; it's tedious, but he's gonna go down hard as soon as he stops healing, so I advise that we dont' bust our humps trying to hurt him before then.

(This match has more or less confirmed my growing opinion that Spite is the poorest-designed and most unsatisfying villain in SOTM...he has his charms, of course, but someone has to be least-best, and I think I've had more terrible, grindy, irritating or pathetic games with him than with all other villains put together.)

Dark Watch Expatriette

HP:  26

In Play:  Flak Jacket

Hand:  Speed Loading, Submachine Gun, Tactical Shotgun, Quick-Draw

Trash:  Arsenal Access, Speed Loading, Flak Jacket, Quick-Draw

During Scholar's Turn:  Don't Dismiss Anything - I put the top card of my deck into play.  It's an Assault Rifle.  (Spite is at 75 HP after being shot by CR and bonked on the head by Scholar.)

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Tactical Shotgun

Use a PowerAimTactical Shotgun - 4 damage to Ethereal Bonds [X].  Spite deals me 2 damage and regains 2 HP [77].  I discard five cards from my deck - Submachine Gun, Hair-Trigger Reflexes, Assault Rifle, Shock Rounds, RPG Launcher.

Draw a Card:  Submachine Gun

End of Turn:

Start of Villain Turn:  Draw Quick Draw and Reload from Potential Sidekick.

HP:  26

In Play:  Flak Jacket, Assault Rifle, Tactical Shotgun

Hand:  Speed Loading, Submachine Gun, Quick-Draw, TBD

Trash:  Arsenal Access, Speed Loading, Flak Jacket, Quick-Draw, TBD X5.

Effects:  Assault Rifle and Flak Jacket may both be returned to my hand for Compound Omicron.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I've had good games against Spite. I've had no good games against Miss Information. Ergo I perfer Spite (though each to their own, of course).

-Reckless

JimmytheRat

Just a reminder that since Eye on the Prize was the first hit on Spite this turn, Truth Seeker and any other plays from DDA do actually deal full damage.  Blissfully irrelevant damage!

Personally I like Spite.  His deck plays totally different from every other villain in the game, and I really like the victim/safehouse mechanic.  Thematically it also makes sense that it's harder to take him down when he's in sneaky thieving serial-killer mode than in drugged-out destroyer mode.  It's always nice when the safehouse deals the killing blow, too.  He does occasionally get some maddening combos out early, though, like in this game.

cmschex
Playtester

Nightmist plays a Mistform from the top of her deck.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I get Vicious Cyclone into play, so yeah, that rocked.  Next turn I'll throw Shackles and it'll be beat-down time.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:
I've had good games against Spite. I've had no good games against Miss Information. Ergo I perfer Spite (though each to their own, of course).

I have definitely had some awesome games against Missy.  She is a frustrating villain, but that can be part of the fun, figuring out how to crack such a tough nut.  The only game I've had against her which I actually didn't enjoy was ours, and even that might have been fun if not for the endless arguing and retconning.  If she comes up on the randomizer again anytime soon, I volunteer to run the game; I think it needs to be done in a very patient and structured way, and I'm willing to take that on.  (Eventually she'll turn up in SCUverse, but not for a long time.)

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

(Paging Meerkat.)

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Umm... I've just noticed that Ethereal Bonds with Claustrophobic Delusion would actually make Spite immune to damage for this last round. I guess that means you'd deal damage to the Bonds instead?

The Realm of Discord

In Play: Claustrophobic Delusion

Trash: Time Flies, Ethereal Bonds

Start of Turn: 

Play a Card:  Imbued Vitality enters play, destroys Claustrophobic Delusion.

End of Turn:

In Play: Imbued Vitality

Trash: Time Flies, Claustrophobic Delusion, Ethereal Bonds

-Reckless

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round Five

Spite - 80

In Play: Safe House (Innocent Bystander)

PL626 Compound XI

Demon's Kiss

PL531 Compound Upsilon

PL602 Compound Omicron

Collateral Damage

Lost Child

Potential Sidekick

Trash: Lab Raid x2, Innocent Bystander,On The Prowl x2, Lost Child, Good Samaritan x3

Effects: ST: 5 drugs? Flip Spite!

ST: Spite regains 7HP.

ST: Return 3 hero cards in play to their owners' hands.

ST: Each hero draws two cards.

ET: Play the top card of the villain deck. Then Spite deals the highest-HP hero 4 energy damage.

ET: Spite deals each non-villain target 1 infernal damage.

Hero Start: Take 5 damage from Spite to save the Lost Child, or discard 3 cards to save Thiago.

When Spite deals damage, he regains that much HP.

Whenever a hero uses a power, Spite deals them 2 toxic damage and discards the top five cards of their deck.

The first time Spite would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 3.

When Spite deals a target 4 or more damage at once, destroy a victim card.

--------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn: Useless healing.

Three hero cards get bounced.

Eaxh hero draws two cards.

Play a Card: Lab Raid destroys the environment, brings out Mind-Phyre.

End of Turn: Innocent Bystander enters play. Spite deals Chrono-Ranger/The Scholar 5/3 energy damage [20/22].

Spite deals 2 infernal damage to all non-villain targets.

Spite deals 1 psychic damage ot all hero targets.

-------------------------------------------------------

Spite - 80

In Play: Safe House (Innocent Bystander)

PL626 Compound XI

Demon's Kiss

PL531 Compound Upsilon

PL602 Compound Omicron

Collateral Damage

Lost Child

Potential Sidekick

Mind-Phyre

Innocent Bystander

Trash: Lab Raid x2, Innocent Bystander,On The Prowl x2, Lost Child, Good Samaritan x3

Effects: ST: 5 drugs? Flip Spite!

ST: Spite regains 7HP.

ST: Return 3 hero cards in play to their owners' hands.

ST: Each hero draws two cards.

ET: Play the top card of the villain deck. Then Spite deals the highest-HP hero 4 energy damage.

ET: Spite deals each non-villain target 1 infernal damage.

ET: Destroy all environment cards. Spite deals each hero target X psychic damage, X=the number of environment cards destroyed.

Hero Start: Take 5 damage from Spite to save the Lost Child, or discard 3 cards to save Thiago or the Bystander.

When Spite deals damage, he regains that much HP.

Whenever a hero uses a power, Spite deals them 2 toxic damage and discards the top five cards of their deck.

Increase damage dealt by Spite by 1.

The first time Spite would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 3.

When Spite deals a target 4 or more damage at once, destroy a victim card.

Hero HP: Nightmist - 16, CR - 22, Tempest - 21, Scholar - 22, Expat - 21

-Reckless

boxwood
Playtester

I'll take the damage instead of Chrono Ranger, also I'll bounce truth seeker back into my hand.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Umm... I've just noticed that Ethereal Bonds with Claustrophobic Delusion would actually make Spite immune to damage for this last round. I guess that means you'd deal damage to the Bonds instead?

Noted and updated. Ethereal Bonds starts the environment turn with 3 HP.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

On the villain turn, CR draws Displaced Armory and No Executions and bounces Jim's Hat.

cmschex
Playtester

Draw Oblivion  (3) and Heedless Lash (2), bounce Mist Form into my hand

Dark Watch Nightmist

HP: 16

Hand: Planar Banishment (1), Starshield Necklace (3), Oblivion (1), Mistfueled Recovery (4),  Mist Form (2), Mist Fueled Recovery (3), Master of Magic (2), Heedless Lash (3), Enlightenment (2), Mist Form (3), Oblivion (3), Heedless Lash (2)

In play: Astral Premontion (4)

Trash: Enlightenment (1), Oblivion (4), Scouring Mists (3), Enlightenment (3), Mistbound (1), Scouring Mists (2), Call Forth (2), Astral Premonition (2), Call Forth (4), Scouring Mists (4), Call Forth (1), Planar Banishment (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Planar Banishment (2), Tome of Elder Magic (3)  (14 cards in Trash)

Additional effects

Start of hero turn: Discard Mistfueled Recovery (3), Master of Magic (2), Oblivion (1) to rescue Innocent Bystander

Play a card: Starshield Neckalnce (3)

Use a power: Astral Premonition on Spite's deck. Discard Mist Form (2) Look at the top two cards of Spite's deck (TBA) - take 2 Infernal damage and discard the top 5 cards of my deck 

Draw a card:Heedless Lash (1)

End of hero turn: Discard Heedless Lash (1) to regain 1HP

HP: 15

Hand: Planar Banishment (1), Mistfueled Recovery (4),  Heedless Lash (3), Enlightenment (2), Mist Form (3), Oblivion (3), Heedless Lash (2), Heedless Lash (3)

In play: Astral Premontion (4), Starshield Necklace (3)

Trash: Enlightenment (1), Oblivion (4), Scouring Mists (3), Enlightenment (3), Mistbound (1), Scouring Mists (2), Call Forth (2), Astral Premonition (2), Call Forth (4), Scouring Mists (4), Call Forth (1), Planar Banishment (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (2), Planar Banishment (2), Tome of Elder Magic (3), Mist Form (2), Mistbound (4), Elder Ring (2), Mists of Time (3), Master of Magic (3), Amulet of the Elder Gods (3), Heedless Lash (1), Mistfueled Recovery (3), Master of Magic (2), Oblivion (1) (24 cards in trash)

Additional effects: Look at the top two cards of Spite's deck - put 1 on top and 1 on bottom

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Hm.  In that case can I change my last turn?  If it was visibly ordained at the time that the Bonds would hit Expat, then she'd have shot them rather than Aiming.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Tempest draws Otherwordly resilience and Lightning Slash.

So Spite is going to flip before healing, so we want to save Victims now right, since he will take damage?

I don't play vs. Spite much and I don't theory him at home, we always try to save all the victims.

cmschex
Playtester

Edited turn to rescue Innocent Bystander

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pull back Jim's Hat for PL531. I realize I'm playing this before the results from Astral Premonition come in, but it shouldn't matter. Spite won't play any more cards this game. In fact, unless your goal is to get cards into your trash, Nightmist might want to revise to skip the power phase.

Chrono-Ranger

HP: 22

Hand: Jim's Hat, Temporal Grenade (2), The Masadah, Displaced Armory (2), Ranger's Mark, No Executions, Hunter and Hunted

Play: By Any Means (Spite), The Ultimate Target (Spite), Compounded Bow

Trash: Sudden Contract (2), Displaced Armory, Eye on the Prize

Effects:

• Damage dealt to Spite is +1
  • Damage dealt to Spite by Chrono-Ranger is +1
  • The first time each turn that Spite deals damage, Chrono-Ranger may use a power

Play: Jim's Hat

Play: Displaced Armory - put Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower into play; deal 0 (1 + 1[UT] + 1 [BAM] - 3 [PL602]) projectile damage to Spite [80]

Power: Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

• CR deals 3 projectile damage to Spite [77]
  • Damage dealt by Spite is -1
  • Spite deals 2+1-1 toxic damage to CR [20] and heals 2 [79]
  • CR discards 5 cards (Danny Boy, Eye on the Prize (2), The Whole Gang, Hunter and Hunted)
  • Since Spite dealt damage, CR uses Compounded Bow

Power: Compounded Bow

• CR deals 3+3 projectile damage to Spite [73]
  • Spite deals 2+1-1 toxic damage to CR [18] and heals 2 [75]
  • CR discards 5 cards (Displaced Armory, Eye on the Prize, Ranger's Mark, Sudden Contract, Dead or Alive)

Draw: Ranger's Mark

HP: 18

Hand: Temporal Grenade (2), The Masadah, Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark (2), No Executions, Hunter and Hunted

Play: By Any Means (Spite), The Ultimate Target (Spite), Compounded Bow, Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

Trash: Danny Boy, Displaced Armory (3), Eye on the Prize (4), Ranger's Mark, Sudden Contract (3), Dead or Alive, The Whole Gang, Hunter and Hunted

Effects:

• Damage dealt to Spite is +1
  • Damage dealt to Spite by Chrono-Ranger is +1
  • The first time each turn that Spite deals damage, Chrono-Ranger may use a power
  • Damage dealt by Spite is -1
cmschex
Playtester

My goal is indeed to get cards in my trash....also, if Tempest or Scholar play Reclaim or DDA, I can set up a Heedless Lash chain

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Envisioner: Sure, if you must.

Nightmist: On The Prowl, Collateral Damage.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Didn't think about reduction at the time, so I am taking back shielding winds (no one else has played) and discarding the three for Potential Sidekick - Otherwordly, Elemental Subwave and Shielding Winds

The Inhuman Tempest

In Play:  Cleansing Downpour, Electrical Storm, Vicious Cyclone

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance, Gene Bound Shackles, Lightning Slash, Otherwordly Resilience, Reclaim from the Deep

Trash:

Start of Turn:  Electrical Storm deals Spite 1-3 damage.

Play a Card:  Gene-Bound Shackles

Use a Power:  Cleansing Downpour causes all hero targets to regain 2 hp.  Spite hits me for 2+1-1 and I ditch the top five of my deck.

Draw a Card:  Localized Hurricane

End of Turn:

In Play:  Cleansing Downpour, Electrical Storm, Shielding Winds, Vicious Cyclone

Hand:  Aquatic Correspondance,  Lightning Slash, Localized Huricane, Otherwordly Resilience, Reclaim from the Deep

Trash:  Ball Lightning(2), Chain Lightning(2), Electrical Storm(2), Elemental Subwave inducer, Flash Flood(2),  Greivous Hail Storm(3), Into the Stratosphere, Otherwordly Resiliance, Reclaim from the Deep, Shielding Winds(2), Vicious Cyclone.

cmschex
Playtester

On the Prowl

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy: don't forget that Spite is dealing even damage right now (from neuro-toxin dart thrower). I forgot about his +1 when dealing CR damage, though (edited).

Also: after Spite deals you 2 damage (and heals to 77)

• CR will use Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower again.
  • CR deals 3 projectile damage to Spite [74]
  • Spite's damage is reduced by another 1 (net damage between drugs and NTDT is -1)
  • Spite deals 1 damage to CR [19]
  • Spite heals to 75
  • CR discards Bounty Board, Just Doing My Job (2), Kill on Sight, and Hunter and Hunted

I plan to use Compounded Bow on each hero turn before my next turn, assuming Spite does some damage. If you are going to use a damaging power, my Ultimate Target power will happen first and will break his shield, so your damage will get through. Please figure this in when planning your turns.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Unlike Card play the power resolves first, then the response occurs.

So you would benefit from the reduction and only take 2 damage each time, then on my turn you would take 1.

That also means if his shield is up when we use a damage power our power is reduced, yours is not.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Interesting. I'll edit my posts.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

You also got healed for 2, so you are at 19.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Whose turn is it?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Scholar's

boxwood
Playtester

Sorry guys left my copy of the game at a friend's this weekend, I'll have it back tomorrow morning.in the meantime what do you guys need me to do on my turn I haven't kept up this round, any victims worth saving so spite heals less/takes more damage?

Plan is to play bring what you need to have a ongoing to bounce, and hand building.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think we should save whatever we can, since we know he'll flip on his turn.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I realized that Toxin-thrower having hit before my turn started removed any need to play Shielding Winds, and so I took that back and saved the Potential Sidekick, so only lost child is left, and at -2 damage for Spite it won't hurt much.

boxwood
Playtester

Cards I drew for the sidekick keep moving acc Grace under fire.

The Scholar

HP: 24

Hand: proverbs acc axioms, bring what you need, flesh to iron, offensive transmutation, expect the worst, know when to turn loose, truth seeker

Play: Flesh to iron,

Trash:

Effects: reduce damage dealt to the scholar by 2.

Start: Discard a card (get out of the way) to keep flesh to iron in play, take 5 damage from spite, reduced by two for Chrono Ranger's day their, reduced again for flesh to iron (23 hp). I assume chrono ranger uses a power

Play: bring what you need

Power: bring what you need reveal the top three cards of my deck then place 2 in my hand and 1 on the bottom, hand: don't dismiss anything and know when top hold fast. Bottom: bring what you need. I take no damage from spite and discard the top 5 cards of my deck (mortal form top energy 2, offensive transmutation, proverbs and axioms , and solid top liquid.

Draw: keep moving

Hand: proverbs and axioms, offensive transmutation, know when to turn loose, know when to hold fast, truth seeker, keep moving(2), don't dismiss anything, flesh to iron, Grace under fire, expect the worst

Play: Flesh to iron and bring what you need

Trash: transmutive recovery(3), Grace under fire(2), alchemical redirection(2), keep moving(2), solid to liquid(3), get out of the way(3), expect the worst, know when to turn loose, truth seeker, don't dismiss anything, mortal form to energy(2), proverbs and axioms, offensive transmutation.

Effects: reduce damage dealt to the scholar by 2. Chrono Ranger may use a power since spite dealt me damage, and the lost child was saved. Also next turn I can do another don't dismiss anything if tempest can restack the decks to get more of what we want in play.

Should be all better now Had to edit again for cleansing downpour.

boxwood
Playtester

Just realized only lost child is still out altering my turn accordingly soon, still taking the same damage from spite though, so it works out

Pages