The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 165 of the Letters Page: Sentinels of the Multiverse: Definitive Edition

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 165 of the Letters Page: Sentinels of the Multiverse: Definitive Edition

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Well, I feel validated. :)

I'm so glad they went through the new mechanics keywords, those are easily my favorite thing about DE, and there's a whole thread on BGG where people were trying to do exactly that.

Except the hero deck backs are actually my favorite thing.

Also just all the new art.

This episode makes me realize that I actually am really excited about Definitive Edition. Just the thought of all those new expansions on the horizon. It's not a financially viable choice for me to follow right now, but who knows, maybe in six years I can pick up all of it at once, just like I did with EE in the Oblivaeon Kickstarter.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I can certainly see the positives and negatives of a new edition, so I remain on the fence, as I already have the complete run of Sentinels EE.

That said?  These changes sound fantastic.  The evolution of C&A as game designers is quite apparent.

OddballPaladin

I'm feeling better than I was about this. So we shall see when the Kickstarter launches.

I think I like the whole campaign mode. Just so long as it doesn't involve defacing stuff like the various "legacy" titles.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I have a feeling the only legacy content in Sentinels will be the kind that punches bad guys. :)

fjur
fjur's picture

I wouldn't say that. Glamour comes to mind. ; )

This space was intentionally left blank.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

It makes me feel now like I'm picking up a reboot of a comic run. This is the Sentinels Comics New 52 or Ultimate line. I'm more interested now than ever to get the new core box to the table.