The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 160 of the Letters Page: Writer’s Room: Nightmist #35

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 160 of the Letters Page: Writer’s Room: Nightmist #35

We continue this spooky month for a look in on Nightmist trying to break a curse.
https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-160-writers-room-nightmist-35

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I like how last week, Christopher was admonishing Paul for swearing, when this episode reminds us that no one has been bleeped on this show more than Christopher himself.

Wow, it took them, what, ten whole seconds to go from creating Blake Washington, Sr. to making him one of the most depressing characters in the multiverse? :( Good job, guys.

I know this is just a result of the way it was worded, but I can't shake the image of a bunch of villains sitting around a villain bar, and one's like, "So, the Phoenix, huh? What kinda powers you got?" "A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!"

I also can't shake the idea of Ra storming into a DMV (because DMVs are inherently funnier than the Social Security Office) and shouting, "Someone in this room is the Phoenix!" and not letting anyone leave in some kind of weird reverse hostage situation. And all the other heroes are like, oh boy, Ra's finally lost his marbles, and it ends up being a really terrible comic with maybe even a cheesy PSA at the end. XD

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I liked how it was kind of part of making the twist work to have Adam come up with the name Jacqueline Hyde and then they both laugh it off.