The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 154 of the Letters Page: Writer’s Room: Black Fist

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 154 of the Letters Page: Writer’s Room: Black Fist

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

That may be my favorite cover that Adam's done yet.  Absolutely nailed it.  

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I haven't listened yet, but wow.

That cover.

Is amazing.

Kid Radical

This answered one of my Black Fist points of confusion before I got the chance to send in the question, which was nice.

I had been wondering what his whole deal was for the first 20 years or so of his existence, since he started early 50s while both phenomea he nods to (Kung-Fu stuff and Blaxploitation) are so early 70s.

The "Joe Lewis but punches crime" idea is era appropriate, neat to think about, but also makes sense as not having quite enough "there" there to get the character to break out or prevent him from being radically overhauled.

Now I just need to know what the Scholar looked like in the decades before Beach Bum was a thing. I'm leaning 80% "mostly like Scholar of the Infinite", but with a solid 20% chance of "Hobo".

Godai
Godai's picture

Ravage changes hair styles at whim = I need to see art of her with the Bisexual Haircut™, like yesterday. 

Proto Example: The Bisexual Haircut

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Very excited to learn more about Black Fist. :D This episode was great, and I think the guys did a great job.

I also had a lot of love for that letter about a ship being on a ship named for a ship. XD That's amazing.

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Black Fist's comic might have lasted longer if it was not for those meddling kids

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Escher

Kid Radical wrote:
I had been wondering what his whole deal was for the first 20 years or so of his existence, since he started early 50s while both phenomea he nods to (Kung-Fu stuff and Blaxploitation) are so early 70s.
The "Joe Lewis but punches crime" idea is era appropriate, neat to think about, but also makes sense as not having quite enough "there" there to get the character to break out or prevent him from being radically overhauled.

This. When they first backtracked on the dates due to their issue numbers being vastly wrong, I was like "But he's OBVIOUSLY from the 70s???" This story resolves the issue.