The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 122 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Count Barzakh

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 122 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Count Barzakh

The start of the second most spooky month of the year http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-122-creative-process-count-barzakh

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

First, to answer their question, I had been looking at the incap side of SaD Benchmark's (non?)foil character card, the one that had a bunch of villains, and so I thought Count Barzakh was Baron Blade under a different name. This also led me to believe "barzakh" meant "knife"? And that it was spelled "barzoc". :B So we can chalk it all up to me being not very bright.

Second, some Amazon links to the book series Christopher was talking about: Perdido Street StationThe Scar. I'll definitely check those out one day.

Third, I was of course mentally constructing a villain deck for Count Barzakh while listening to the episode, because that's something I do, but I got a little discouraged when I realized all I had come up with was basically the Cauldron's Swarm Eater. :B

And last but not least, my favorite part of this episode was when I said "...to move you" at the exact same time as Christopher. XD Validation!

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

i just love how much this new info works with existing lore-

the drugs that turned J. Donnoven into Spite were reverse enginered from magic potions sold to Pike by Barzakh? yep that checks out 100%

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.