The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 102 of the Letters Page: Create a Thing LIVE

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester
Episode 102 of the Letters Page: Create a Thing LIVE
PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

This ep may have gotten me to buy in on The Guise Book all on its own...

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Christopher has confirmed in Discord that Hedgelord is not pictured there since he’s been lost to them.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

That one was a lot of fun to listen to! I enjoy how C&A can get me invested in something that I would not otherwise find interesting. In general, I don't like the sillier comic characters, but man, is Pool Shark fun!

My wife works in the field of fluid mechanics, and she often writes about shear force. It's a thing: the force from different layers of a fluid moving at different speeds (shearing). Example in a sentence: "The SR-71 was a leaky airplane on the ground, because the heat from shear forces caused all its surfaces to expand and seal up in flight."

So, anyway, because of that it took me too long to get the joke. :P

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This was so good. :D Just listen to them come up with something and then go, "Yeah, that's the best thing ever." C&A are downright adorable when they're excited about stuff.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I wonder... What project names did Sentinels and Spirit Island have?

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

If they provide a full character sheet for him, I am TOTALLY playing as Pool Shark for at least one trade(6 issues).

Powerhound_2000

That seems to be the plan for that within The Guise Book!

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

This episode also got me interested in looking up other 'Z-List' hero teams.

There's the team from the movie C+A mentioned, the Mystery Men. It's been quite a while since I've seen it, but I remember enjoying the movie. If I had to choose, I think my favorite character was the Shoveler.

The likes of The Inferior Five(DC) and The Great Lakes Avengers(Marvel Comics) are very close to the kind of team I think we can expect the NWA to be. I doubt we'll get anything the level of Section Eight(DC), and that's... Probably all for the better.

Can anyone else think of more 'Z-Lister' teams or characters? I always have a morbid curiosity for terrible ccomic book heroes.

Powerhound_2000

Squirrel Girl

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Squirrel Girl

Yup. She was part of the GLA for a time, back around the time Deadpool joined. I don't know if we can really count her as 'Z-List' though, simply for the fact that she's decently well known now-a-days.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Phantom5613 wrote:

Yup. She was part of the GLA for a time, back around the time Deadpool joined. I don't know if we can really count her as 'Z-List' though, simply for the fact that she's decently well known now-a-days.

And she single-handedly (okay, with Monkey Joe's help) defeated Thanos -- the real Thanos...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

I wonder... What project names did Sentinels and Spirit Island have?

They said in the podcast that SotM was named fairly early on, so it never had a project name.  Plus, as their first project, I didn't get the impression that they'd started their project naming scheme yet at that point.

Spirit Island wasn't their project to start off with.  I'm going to guess that when Eric came to them with it, it was already named.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

Can anyone else think of more 'Z-Lister' teams or characters? I always have a morbid curiosity for terrible ccomic book heroes.

I'd think a fair number of characters from The Tick or Venture Brothers would qualify.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Trajector wrote:

I'd think a fair number of characters from The Tick or Venture Brothers would qualify.

Brick Frog!  :D

"Oh, and he's got a...knife...super...power..."

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

D listers-

DC Hero Hotline

DC Justice League Antarctica

DC Legion of Substitute Heroes 

DC Hitman was a telapathic hitman antihero who hung out at a bar with d listers like "Dog Welder"

Marvel Forbush Man 

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

Those are good, but they're all kind of terrible on purpose. :P

drevilz4l
drevilz4l's picture
Playtester

This may have been one of the best episodes ever. I was laughing out loud listening to it. Especially when they got to Shear Force.