The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Editor’s Note 24

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

At least we know they're not taking it too seriously, since they're awarding themselves a worst episode category. :B

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Jeysie wrote:

Thank you. :)

FWIW I meant what I said, though: If you or anyone else has ideas for how such a poll could be presented in a way people find more appealing, I'd be curious to hear it. I just like the idea of such a poll, so while I don't have an issue with the Awards framing, I'm not wed to it either.

You're welcome.

In general, I agree with the Trumpet of Doom. I would also add that I'm not enthused about the promise of an awards show podcast episode, in which C&A are not just the award creators, nominators (or at least determiners of eligibility), and recipients, but also the presenters as well. 

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

OK, I guess my next question then to folks is: How would you dress up the poll flavor-wise to present on the episode in a fun way?

Since my own reasoning: I admit I'm on the side of TakeWalker's view: I feel like this was never intended as anything but a silly, goofy, flavorful way to present a poll, as strongly evidenced by their willingness to give themselves an "award" for worst episode.

So further train of thought: People seem to be OK with the half of the matter that is a poll of favorite episodes, but are against the half of the idea of flavoring it as an "award" specifically. So since no one has said: "Here is how I would present the poll results on an episode flavor-wise instead", I feel that's the next thing I'd like to try to coax out of people.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

the Cult of Gloom's parting shot in the Iron Legacy episode is saddest,

I ...

I forgot about that,  I think I removed it from my head.

Becasue that was just unfair.

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom's picture

Jeysie wrote:

OK, I guess my next question then to folks is: How would you dress up the poll flavor-wise to present on the episode in a fun way?

Since my own reasoning: I admit I'm on the side of TakeWalker's view: I feel like this was never intended as anything but a silly, goofy, flavorful way to present a poll, as strongly evidenced by their willingness to give themselves an "award" for worst episode.

So further train of thought: People seem to be OK with the half of the matter that is a poll of favorite episodes, but are against the half of the idea of flavoring it as an "award" specifically. So since no one has said: "Here is how I would present the poll results on an episode flavor-wise instead", I feel that's the next thing I'd like to try to coax out of people.

Honestly? I'm not sure I would try to flavor it up at all.

Granted, part of that is probably because I enjoy the perception of getting to see behind the curtain, see how the decisions are made. So if they just came at it from the angle of, "here's the episodes y'all said you liked for thing X; let's speculate on why y'all liked those episodes in particular, so that we can do more of what you liked," and had that discussion on air, I'd probably be fine with that. That may not be a useful answer to the question you're asking, but it's mine.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Honestly? I'm not sure I would try to flavor it up at all.

Granted, part of that is probably because I enjoy the perception of getting to see behind the curtain, see how the decisions are made. So if they just came at it from the angle of, "here's the episodes y'all said you liked for thing X; let's speculate on why y'all liked those episodes in particular, so that we can do more of what you liked," and had that discussion on air, I'd probably be fine with that. That may not be a useful answer to the question you're asking, but it's mine.

It is useful, in that it gives a look on alternate ways to present the information on air/in a post, and it's also something I hadn't thought of before but is interesting now that you say it. I am fond of analysis myself, so trying to analyze why a thing worked/why I thing didn't work is the type of thing that's also up my own alley. Thank you. :)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Pages