The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Editor’s Note #23 OblivAeon Followup

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Editor’s Note #23 OblivAeon Followup

This Editor’s note starts with information about the future of the podcast and then goes into the follow up questions for OblivAeon 

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/editors-note-23

Upcoming release schedule:

• Tuesday, November 6th: Episode #90 - NightMist & Harpy
  • Tuesday, November 13th: Episode #91 - Inversiverse: Prime Wardens
  • Tuesday, November 20th: Editor's Note #24
  • Tuesday, November 27th: Episode #92 - Perestroika

Recording schedule:

• Friday, October 26th - Episode #90 - NightMist & Harpy
  • Friday, November 9th - Episode #91 - Inversiverse: Prime Wardens
  • Friday November 16th - Editor's Note #24 & Episode #92 - Perestroika

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'll be honest, I'm okay with it going to Tuesdays-only. I'll be happy to get those two to four hours a month back on Thursdays. :)

Otherwise, this was a good EN. Just imagine me, walking down the sidewalk, shouting, "That's not how Singular Entities work!" at absolutely nothing. XD I had some other comments to make, but as usual, I've forgotten them.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Here I am, to defend my characterization of Voss knocking six shards off OblivAeon as relatively easy!

It took the combined might of Ra and the Ennead to do enough damage to create ONE OblivAeon shard. Ra! And Atum, who vaporized a city! AND all the rest of them! Apparently, Voss is at least six times as powerful as that.

It's not because Voss is in the base set that I am skeptical of his power. It's that I never lose against him! Dawn is much harder. Heck, The Ennead is harder. This power level out of Voss is just so...surprising. Compared to the strike that the Egyptian pantheon delivered to OblivAeon, it sure does seem easy for Voss to knock chips off the guy.

Bigbywolfe

Ra and the Enead were trying to break through OblivAeon's shields that he had specifically set up for this final battle that he had been planning since before recorded history. 

Voss, who O wasn't remotely threatened by, sucker punched him with no shields.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Voss’s deck isn’t much of a reflection of facing him directly it’s about his invasion.  Considering what we were told during his episode when it was him directly fighting at times I’m not all that surprised he could hit OblivAeon that hard.   Add on as bigbywolfe said about no shield on OblivAeon and being suckered punch by a guy with little to lose at that point it makes sense he could cause more damage then.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Hang on.

C&A said that Setback created the Miststorm universe, but that's not right! 

Setback got involved and meddled with Chrono-Ranger's badge, thereby reversing time and creating a new timeline in which Chrono-Ranger didn't die and part of Rook City survived. That timeline isn't the Miststorm timeline. The Miststorm timeline is the one in which CR stayed dead, and Rook City was fully broken. The timeline that Setback created was the much more hopeful RPG timeline.

Am I missing something there?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

In a sense, he created both.  Yes, the one with the time rewind he initiated is the Sentinel Comics universe.  But because he caused a fork, OblivAeon was in only one of the two.  Without Setback, the canon universe would have been one in which Rook City was destroyed but OblivAeon was defeated.  Because the heroes succeeded in that timeline, super-powered individuals wouldn't be on the outs with the general population, and because Voss would have been there, the Mist Storm wouldn't have been possible.  So it would have been somewhat darker than the Comics Universe timeline, but much less dark than the Mist Storm one.

But yes, the simple answer is that his action led to what happened in the RPG timeline, and the one in which he didn't act was the Mist Storm timeline.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, that's still his actions directly causing the split timeline

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Trajector
Trajector's picture

So which universe should we be calling the Setbackverse?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

No, that's the universe in which Kismet got really ticked off and angsty and cursed the whole world instead of just Pete.  It's a bad time.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

With this, I've finally gotten through my backlog of Letters Page episodes.

With just the short description they gave and no way to actually read how it was covered(since these comics don't actually exist), I can't help but feel like I'd be in the camp of readers that feel like Haka got shafted in the OblivAeon story.