The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

E3 2017 superthread

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
E3 2017 superthread

With e3 happening this weekend, wanted to see who else was excited. What announcements are you hoping to hear? What games are you most excited about?

so far I am excited about assassins creed: origin since this will be set in Egypt, something that really hasn't been explored in video games before. also excited for the announcement of megaman legacy collection 2. I love the megaman games and love just sitting down and playing them. Rather see a new one over a collection but I will deal. Finally I am excited for more details on lego marvel superheroes 2. The lego games may be repetitive but they never get old. Plus my 2 month old has discovered the tv ( his favorite thing to watch is the cubbies beating the cardinals) and hoping the lego games will be something great I can play to help his development. 

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I am most excited to read this thread and see what others are excited about.

Seriously. I have no real knowledge of what is coming out and am looking forward to seeing what others are excited about so I can go check them out.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

morph147

Matchstickman wrote:

I am most excited to read this thread and see what others are excited about.Seriously. I have no real knowledge of what is coming out and am looking forward to seeing what others are excited about so I can go check them out.

What I will be doing is watching the press conferences on twitch this weekend using IGN channel. below I posted a link for the streaming times. I will probably not watch PC or microsoft's stuff just because I honestly don't care about those two systems, but I will look up the highlights from microsoft's just incase they announce something that will be on ps4 as well.

Maybe if we are lucky Handelabra will do their own E3 press conference. Be a great time to talk about the progress of all their apps are at. @MigrantP Please make this happen.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/e3-2017-press-conference-streaming-schedule

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

This fan boy is certainly excited for a peek at Super Mario Odyssey. I'm hoping for more Super Mario 64 and less Super Mario Galaxy, but we shall see...

morph147

much0gust0 wrote:

This fan boy is certainly excited for a peek at Super Mario Odyssey. I'm hoping for more Super Mario 64 and less Super Mario Galaxy, but we shall see...

i enjoyed galaxy... except for the very small planets that felt like you were going to get motion sickness. I can't put my figure on it but odyssey feels like it will not be a real Mario game imo but something else

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

I liked Galaxy, too (although didn't like the lack of a hub world in Galaxy 2), but the sheer amount of just one off little "planets" was a bit dubious. And ya...it feels like a different type of game than the last several iterations, for sure...

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Don't forget there is a Pokémon Direct today.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Comrade Bubbles wrote:

Would have had no idea. Thanks for this, I'll check it out! =)

Comrade Bubbles

No worries!

morph147

Comrade Bubbles wrote:

ya I saw that. If they announce what I think they are going to announce today then RIP 3DS

morph147

Looks like the big Pokémon update was just a repackaged sun and moon game

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I *really* want to hear an announcement for Dragon Age 4.  There have been some rumblings on Twitter and the accidental slip that the lead writer behind Sunless Seas was brought on board to work on "a new Dragon Age game", but nothing's been definitively announced yet.

I'm a fan of both the DA video games and the tabletop game, so that'll be a Day 1/preorder purchase for me.  Probably, in all likelihood, a console-upgrade specifically to play it.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Dragon Age you say? If only someone was on Handelabra's stream this week who could answer these burning questions...

https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/872103809039962113

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

morph147

E3 starts today with the first press conference by EA. So excited

morph147

Was disappointed with the EA press conference. Don't care about sports games and the two interesting games either didn't sell me enough yet or the can only be played as a coop killed it for me. Usually not to excited for EAs stuff so not end of the world just annoying. 

Comrade Bubbles

I'm cautiously excited about Battlefront. It seems to be a modernisation of the older games, plus the single-player stuff could be cool.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Bethesda = huge disapointment. Nothing more to add.

morph147

Foote wrote:

Bethesda = huge disapointment. Nothing more to add.

lol yup I will agree here. Especially since I felt the first 30 minutes of it was fallout 4 and skyrim. Let's do paid mods lol.

Microsoft press conference wasn't that great imo either, especially since all of their "exclusives" are mainly timed and will be out on PS4 later on. But nothing popped out at me and said I must have you.  

Ubisoft impressed me more and won the show to this point ( before Sony goes so this may change). Got my assassins creed origins which looks amazing, and the 20 minute game play gives off the vibe of so many great things to come with this series with the year off they took to rethink it. plus both South Park games look amazing and the mobile one will be my new "break" game. Far cry 5 makes me want to go pick up 4 and try it. Plus beyond good and evil 2 I know people are excited about, but I do home they release a way to play 1 to get a feel of it some more. Finally the Mario and rabbids game just looks like fun and I enjoy that style of game play. Everything else I am kinda mixed on from them

ok Sony starts up in 45 minutes or so. so hopefully they don't disappoint

morph147

Sony press conference did not impress me. Most of the stuff they showed are for early 2018. No new announcement that blew me away. 

Spiderman was great though.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

I'm in Beijing, so the Nintendo livestream started at midnight here, but I had to stay up and see what they were planning for this year. I was definitely not disappointed! As soon as that little Samus lightning bolt blurred into view, I gave a yelp of excitement! Metroid Prime 4, people! So many fun, first-party games coming out for this fanboy to enjoy. Kirby, Mario Odyssey, 2 Metroids....sweet....

morph147

much0gust0 wrote:

I'm in Beijing, so the Nintendo livestream started at midnight here, but I had to stay up and see what they were planning for this year. I was definitely not disappointed! As soon as that little Samus lightning bolt blurred into view, I gave a yelp of excitement! Metroid Prime 4, people! So many fun, first-party games coming out for this fanboy to enjoy. Kirby, Mario Odyssey, 2 Metroids....sweet....

agreed. Nintendo did a good job showing what the future of the switch could be. The down side is not much of it is coming out by end of year.

in other news excited to see the ni no kuni 2 trailer. Loved the first one. Also the .hack announcement makes me excited, always loved the anime but never played the games due to difficulty of finding. 

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Thanks for the info about .hack! Hadn't heard about that yet, so had to search it up after reading.

If Mario Odyssey is really so huge like they claim it is, then I guess that it will be enough to tide fans over until the next big release. The sheer magnitude of Breath of the Wild has definitely kept me from finding a lot of things thus far, and I'm not about to fight the final boss until I have several more shrines under my belt! Mario won't be that big, surely, but they've touted it as being the most expansive Mario game, so I hope it really live up to that. I may not like the concept of Mario wandering around next to normal looking people when he is so cartoonish...or the realistic dinosaur when we obviously know that dinosaurs have a saddle and long tongues...but it's still an instant buy for me because it's a main entry.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

much0gust0 wrote:

You forgot that Pokemon will be getting a full rpg on Switch as well!

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

You're right! I guess I'm a little more hesitant about that one because there's not really anything to compare it to. Like...does it just mean a top down Pokemon game with 3d graphics, like Sun and Moon...or does it mean a full-fledged 3d title with wild Doduos running through the plains as you bike by, dodging the peck attacks of the Spearows that are chasing you while fumbling at your belt to grasp at the pokeball containing that quickly-evolved starter that you fell in love with? A 'port' of Sun and Moon (labelled Stars) does not interest me as much as a full, complementary, ground-up Switch RPG.