The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Dr. Medico: Malpractice Unlock Discussion

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Dr. Medico: Malpractice Unlock Discussion

It's that time of the week again! Time to figure out how to unlock what (imo) is one of the most overpowered variants in the game!

I think it's a pretty good guess that it's gonna involve doing a bunch of damage. To non-hero targets, likely.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Andy7675

It's not "Medico last-hits the villain (tested on Ambuscade with sentinels plus every Void Guard sentinel) while every other hero is incapped"

"Wait, i have to do WHAT to unlock that? How the heck did the community figure THAT one out?"

Andy7675

It's not likely to be to deal X amount of damage in a turn. I played a game on Insula Primalis with Legacy, Ra, Parse, Naturalist and Medico.

Long story short, Flare Up on Medico did Ambuscade's entire health bar with enough Critical Multiplier from Parse.

Unless 60 damage in one hit isnt enough, it's not "Deal X damage in one turn."

Shoot.

"Wait, i have to do WHAT to unlock that? How the heck did the community figure THAT one out?"

FearLord

I’d suggest either ‘Dr Medico deals more damage than he heals’ or ‘Win a game where Dr Medico heals no damage and deals the final blow’.

Its also possible that fighting Skinwalker Gloomweaver is a requirement as well...

The Girl With N...

FearLord wrote:

Its also possible that fighting Skinwalker Gloomweaver is a requirement as well...

I’m not too sure about that. The other Void Guard unlocks have been mechanics-focused. It’d be weird to switch midway to story unlocks, right?

FearLord

The Girl With No Name wrote:

FearLord wrote:

I’m not too sure about that. The other Void Guard unlocks have been mechanics-focused. It’d be weird to switch midway to story unlocks, right?

Perhaps - but arguably the other 2 we’ve had so far don’t have obvious story fights specifically related to the varient in the same way.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Last night in the Discord, people were saying defeat Skinwalker Gloomweaver with Dr. Medico on the team. He must not be incapacitated and cannot deal the final blow. Then Dr. Medico destroys Re-Volt.

The first part works, but I just killed Re-Volt and nothing happened, so I guess that's not it.

waedens
Playtester

Defeated Skinwalker in Freedom tower. Dr. Medico did more damage than he healed. He did more damage than he jad hit points at the end. He delt the final blow. No unlock. Will try again without dealing the final blow, but I am skeptical. 

Servoret
Playtester

Reading through the Discord chat, people have gotten condition 1 for the achievement in games where Medico both has and hasn't dealt the final blow to Skinwalker Gloomweaver.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Servoret wrote:

Reading through the Discord chat, people have gotten condition 1 for the achievement in games where Medico both has and hasn't dealt the final blow to Skinwalker Gloomweaver.

So I'm guessing you just gotta win a game against Gloomweaver with Medico on the team? They say anything about him healing/not healing in those games?

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Unlocked!

Beat Skinwalker Gloomweaver) didn't deal final blow with Medico) then beat Revolt with Medico.

2nd game: https://pastebin.com/ubGjZja5

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Servoret
Playtester

Phantom5613 wrote:

They say anything about him healing/not healing in those games?

Nothing conclusive about a threshold for healing or damage dealing. Not healing at all during the game isn't a condition.

payprplayn

Guess this isn't super useful now that there's an unlock, but I tried doing lots of different instances of damage to villains with dr Medico, and unsurprisingly given what we know now, no unlock. 

Attachment(s): 
payprplayn

How do I check if I've unlocked the first condition?

Andy7675

I mean i spent the last several hours doing various amounts of damage to varying targets. 

Again, suppose not too useful anymore, but i can confirm that it is NOT killing X amount of targets, nor doing more damage than healing, nor winning a game with 0 healing from Medico where he deals the last blow.

Guess i'm playing Gloomweaver.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

Unlocked!

Beat Skinwalker Gloomweaver) didn't deal final blow with Medico) then beat Revolt with Medico.

Hmm, I gues we have a possible theory for the unlock conditions then?

Defeat Skinwalker Gloomweaver with Dr. Medico on the team. Afterwards in Vengeance mode, Dr. Medico must defeat Revolt on his turn.

Edit: I don't have the cards in front of me right now; What is Malpractice Medico'spower again?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Failure.  Used Unhallowed Halls and Twist the Ether to carefully regulate Gloomweaver's damage output and make sure Medico got the final blow with Second Opinion in both phases (I know now that it doesn't matter, but I started this game right after the variant became available).  Medico did deal a lot of damage with Cosmic Weapon, but only healed for one point ever.  Greatest Legacy also healed Visionary for 1, and then healing became impossible for the rest of the game.

Then, had Medico finish off Re-Volt.

So, assuming step 2 is as straightforward as it sounds, I did something wrong in step 1.  Unfortunately, I'm on Android, so I can't check the registry directly.

Edit: I believe someone on Discord said they got the unlock by using Catch a Ride to have Medico kill Re-Volt, but just in case, I rewound and killed him with Second Opinion.  Still no.

@Phantom5613: "Red Right Hand: Until the end of your next turn, whenever a Hero Target would regain HP, Dr. Medico instead deals 1 Target that amount of Energy Damage instead."  Errata'ed to apply to only the first instance of healing per hero target.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

payprplayn

Phantom5613 wrote:

UXM266 wrote:

Unlocked!

Hmm, I gues we have a possible theory for the unlock conditions then?

Defeat Skinwalker Gloomweaver with Dr. Medico on the team. Afterwards in Vengeance mode, Dr. Medico must defeat Revolt on his turn.

Edit: I don't have the cards in front of me right now; What is Malpractice Medico'spower again?

I don't think the first condition is quite that simple.  I did that, and I just checked my registry and found no unlock condition.

edit: This is assuming I'm looking for the right thing.  I have a variable named VoidGuardDoctorMedicoMalpracticeAvailable but nothing else that refers to him.  I see other variables ending in things like UnlockCondition1, so I'm assuming that's what I'm looking for.  If I'm wrong about that, then disregard this.

edit: nevermind

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Do you have to destroy Re-Volt using Second Opinion (or while it's in play?)

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Also, does it matter what environments you use?

-- Trajector

payprplayn

So it appears I was indeed looking for the wrong thing.  I just got the unlock so you can ignore my last post.  I did manage to demonstrate that Dr. Medico needn't destroy Re-Volt on his own turn, as in my unlock he did it on writhe's turn.  I suspect that the additional condition has something to do with heroes or doctor medico being at low health.  My initial attempts were all early game, with relatively high health totals, whereas my success came toward the end of a losing game, with everybody low.  Similarly, in the one other successful log I've seen, the heroes were also fairly low when the unlock occurred.  No log unfortunately, since I jumped straight into another game before I remembered to post it. sorry about that.

payprplayn

McBehrer wrote:

Do you have to destroy Re-Volt using Second Opinion (or while it's in play?)

No.  I used Distorted Perception (Writhe hit Medico, who then hit Re-Volt)

payprplayn

McBehrer wrote:

Also, does it matter what environments you use?

not unless there are multiple choices.  I used MDP, but the previous unlock used temple of ZL.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

People are having luck just taking out Re-Volt with Medico however? Because I tried with Flare Up and got nothing, while a second attempt that used Second Opinion unlocked it.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

It could just be that Second Opinion needs to have been in play at some point.

Tyrsis
Playtester

Can confirm that they don't need to be at low health to unlock as I stabilized with the Tempest/Second Opinion/Healing wave/Regeneration combo to bring everyone back to full before finishing off operative and stalling for re-volt to come back out. Got it with using sciamancy/cloak redirect from medico to kill revolt. Second opinion was in play for me. 

Attachment(s): 
Andy7675

Did you guys unlock it after killing Ambuscade or before?

I beat Skinwalker, KOed Re-Volt with Medico after killing Ambuscade. 

No unlock, but not sure if step one or two.

Tyrsis
Playtester

Mine was before killing Ambuscade. 

Servoret
Playtester

The second Skinwalker game I've had that didn't unlock condition 1. I healed more than 100 with Medico and did more than 50 damage. That was somebody's theory on the trigger.

https://pastebin.com/bWFqTAJV

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

How do you know if it unlocks condition 1?

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Ok, so, you DON'T need Second Opinion in play when you kill Re-Volt. Not sure what the extra stuff is, but I got it.

-- Trajector

Servoret
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Quote:

in a constant shift)Last Tuesday at 10:13 PM

type in the windows bar: regedit
Then you'll need to find the Sentinels folder
Computer --> HKEY CURRENT USER --> Software --> Handelabra --> Sentinels for me
Then the name of the Medico variant entry... I don't know what it'll be called so you'll just have to read carefully
Might be called something like VoidGuardMalpracticeDoctorMedicoUnlockCondition1
(Going by the other unlock info I see in mine)

VoidGuardMalpracticeDoctorMedicoAvailable is not the same thing.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here.

Defeat Skinwalker Gloomweaver.  Void Guard Doctor Medico must deal h*10 damage and heal h*20 HP during the fight.

Then Void Guard Doctor Medico must destroy Revolt in a team match agaisnt Ambuscade.  Second Opinion must have been played prior.

I'll put things in here later.

payprplayn

Servoret wrote:

McBehrer wrote:

Quote:

in a constant shift)Last Tuesday at 10:13 PM

type in the windows bar: regedit
Then you'll need to find the Sentinels folder
Computer --> HKEY CURRENT USER --> Software --> Handelabra --> Sentinels for me
Then the name of the Medico variant entry... I don't know what it'll be called so you'll just have to read carefully
Might be called something like VoidGuardMalpracticeDoctorMedicoUnlockCondition1
(Going by the other unlock info I see in mine)

VoidGuardMalpracticeDoctorMedicoAvailable is not the same thing.

exactly.  I was looking for something like VoidGuardMalpracticeDoctorMedicoUnlockCondition1 but all I saw was VoidGuardMalpracticeDoctorMedicoAvailable.  However, I got the unlock, so that must be it.

payprplayn

McBehrer wrote:

Ok, so, you DON'T need Second Opinion in play when you kill Re-Volt. Not sure what the extra stuff is, but I got it.

Yeah.  I not only didn't have it in play; I never drew it.

waedens
Playtester

After reading through the logs it looks like defeating Revolt is the easy part of the equation. It is the first condition with SWGW that is the crux. I played several games and didn't get the conditioning and then just happened to get it and I have no idea why. Maybe I didn't deal enough irreducible damage previously. It is just not clear to me.

Velvetisis
Playtester

Just to clarify: in the registry is VoidGuardDrMedicoMalpracticeAvailable the entry for unlock condition 1?  Because I have that and I have not fought SWGW with Dr. Medico.

Servoret
Playtester

The registry entry is VoidGuardDrMedicoMalpracticeUnlockCondition1. VoidGuardDrMedicoMalpracticeAvailable just means the variant exists to be unlocked.

I had a successful condition1 unlock this time. I went into the Skinwalker game with fewer heroes and sandbagged so Medico could do a lot of healing and damage.

https://pastebin.com/HT7xUJxT

payprplayn

Servoret wrote:

The registry entry is VoidGuardDrMedicoMalpracticeUnlockCondition1. VoidGuardDrMedicoMalpracticeAvailable just means the variant exists to be unlocked.

I had a successful condition1 unlock this time. I went into the Skinwalker game with fewer heroes and sandbagged so Medico could do a lot of healing and damage.

https://pastebin.com/HT7xUJxT

I believe you, but that's strange.  I was looking for precisely that entry, but couldn't find it.  I then decided to try the second game anyway, and got the unlock.  Weird.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Unlocked this morning, upon punching Re-Volt Out with Second Opinion.  I had also punched out SWGW without losing anyone.

Medico later fell to Re-Volt after a deck shuffle.

Stupid Karma.

So, my supposition:

First, win a game against Skinwalker Gloomweaver with Void Guard Dr. Medico on the team.  No heroes may be incapacitated.

Then, Dr. Medico must destroy Re-Volt through damage effects.

FearLord

Blackfang108 wrote:

Unlocked this morning, upon punching Re-Volt Out with Second Opinion.  I had also punched out SWGW without losing anyone.

Medico later fell to Re-Volt after a deck shuffle.

Stupid Karma.

So, my supposition:

First, win a game against Skinwalker Gloomweaver with Void Guard Dr. Medico on the team.  No heroes may be incapacitated.

Then, Dr. Medico must destroy Re-Volt through damage effects.

Theres got to be more to it as I’ve done that and didn’t get the unlock...

Blackfang108
Playtester

Then, Dr. Medico must destroy Re-Volt through damage effects while no heroe cards are incapicated.

I mean, I didn't do anything I wouldn't normally do with the good old doc, and he didn't damage anyone except ReVolt.

FearLord

Blackfang108 wrote:

Then, Dr. Medico must destroy Re-Volt through damage effects while no heroe cards are incapicated.

I mean, I didn't do anything I wouldn't normally do with the good old doc, and he didn't damage anyone except ReVolt.

I would have met that as well - not sure whether it was a problem with the first game or the second - I did have Medico defeat Skinwalker Gloomweaver (but I’m fairly sure people have said that they’ve got it with him defeating him and not defeating him).

Might be a certain amount of healing is required in the first game or some other condition we haven’t noticed yet...

waedens
Playtester

Condition 1 with SWG is more complicated than that. I won sevral games against him and kept having to go back to the start with knocking out revolt and not getting the unlock.

Velvetisis
Playtester

Apparently Nyxious on the Discord got the unlock doing step one against Akash'Bhuta, so even Skinwalker isn't a prereq.

https://pastebin.com/rNtswcjv

https://pastebin.com/smKp9b1w

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

...That would explain why we haven't figured it out yet.

Maybe a long game is necessary for amount of damage healed/prevented?

Andy7675

Got the unlock. My winner was doing a game with TL Tachyon, Draw Power Wraith, Visionary, Parse, and Medico on Celestial Tribunal (for Gloom.) On the first environment turn, Representative of Earth gave me a Legacy to heal. Medico did a ton of healing, deliberately extended the game with Visionary's deck control (recycling zombies) and Twist the Ether reducing all villain damage by 2. Parse buffed Medico so he did one big hit. Medico did at least 80 damage and healed approximately 120 hp.

medico did not knock out Gloomweaver.

FearLord

Got it!

Played a 3 hero game vs Skinwalker Gloomweaver in insular Primalus. Medico did a lot of healing and gave out quite a few powers. I didn’t deal very much damage to anyone other than himself (maybe one play of Flare up and the damage from Second Opinion once). Didn’t damage any other hero targets.

I’ll predict something like:

Win a game with Void Guard Dr Medico on the team. Dr Medico must heal at least 10 x hero damage and grant 2 x hero powers to other heroes. Then in a team game Dr Medico must destroy Revolt.

Ensign53
Ensign53's picture
Playtester

FearLord wrote:

Got it!

Played a 3 hero game vs Skinwalker Gloomweaver in insular Primalus. Medico did a lot of healing and gave out quite a few powers. I didn’t deal very much damage to anyone other than himself (maybe one play of Flare up and the damage from Second Opinion once). Didn’t damage any other hero targets.

I’ll predict something like:

Win a game with Void Guard Dr Medico on the team. Dr Medico must heal at least 10 x hero damage and grant 2 x hero powers to other heroes. Then in a team game Dr Medico must destroy Revolt.

What do you mean by "10 x hero damage"? Do you mean heal 10 times more than the heroes deal put in damage? Than they take? The first is extremely unlikely, the second is I think impossible, as you can't heal up past their maximum.

FallenPrime826
FallenPrime826's picture

Ensign53 wrote:

What do you mean by "10 x hero damage"? Do you mean heal 10 times more than the heroes deal put in damage? Than they take? The first is extremely unlikely, the second is I think impossible, as you can't heal up past their maximum.

I think FearLord means something as simple as "recover H times 10 HP." That was a metric someone else pitched before, and it was clear that that ALONE wasn't it, but "grant H times 2 extra powers" as an addition is certainly a new angle.

Ensign53
Ensign53's picture
Playtester

That makes sense. So (h) times 10

Pages