The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Does the Visionary have line of sight to herself, and is she in radius 2 of herself?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Katsue
Katsue's picture
Does the Visionary have line of sight to herself, and is she in radius 2 of herself?

Self-explanatory, really.

Hmm...it seems as if she doesn't have line of sight to herself if she's in cover, since she's not adjacent to herself.

kseanking

I would assume that any given target will have line of sight on itself at any given time...

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Katsue wrote:

Self-explanatory, really.Hmm...it seems as if she doesn't have line of sight to herself if she's in cover, since she's not adjacent to herself.

You might have to be more specific here.

If you are talking about some of her powers, she will not have LoS to herself. This was discussed a lot during PTing so hopefully someone else chimes in, or if you could define what you mean in relation to another card or character that would be helpful

Edit: She can't Twist the Ether or Wrest the Mind on herself if I remember correctly from PTing

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

EDIT: Hmm.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The wording of Foresight is important.

Foresight specifically counts out Visionary as a target for her power.  Any of her other powers that is any target in line of sight can be used on Visionary.

I remember that change to make it clear that she couldn't foresight herself.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

But Twist the Ether and Wrest the Mind should work fine.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

kseanking wrote:

I would assume that any given target will have line of sight on itself at any given time...

In playtesting it was explicitly stated that characters have LOS to themselves. I haven't seen anything that's changed that. 

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm