The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

DIY evening (*** image heavy ***)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Val
DIY evening (*** image heavy ***)

Today I found some nice fabric at the market. I immediately thought of Sentinels, and what I wanted to do with it...

A token bag!

I had to buy a minimum of 50 centimeters and that was more than enough to make 4 bags. So I made 2 bags in one go. One for a me and one for a friend of mine.

lugaru
lugaru's picture

Mmm... major "baggie" upgrade! I'm still rocking the ziplock but I might get some drawstring bags form a company I'm getting gaming supplies from.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wonderful!

How hard is it to print the comic in color on to fabric so that such a bag could be made w/ Sentinels characters on it?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

Wonderful!How hard is it to print the comic in color on to fabric so that such a bag could be made w/ Sentinels characters on it?

I think he just found fabric with the comic already on it.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Val

arenson9 wrote:

Wonderful!How hard is it to print the comic in color on to fabric so that such a bag could be made w/ Sentinels characters on it?

It was already printed when I bought it, like the previous poster thought. But print shops can do it. I just don't know what fabric you are getting then and whether you can bring your own fabric. While I was sewing I thought of enquiring about it at some shops. I have no idea what exactly to print though.

Val

Apparently, it's rather easy. You can buy something called 'transfer paper'. You print (with your own printer) the image on this special paper that is suitable for printers. Then you simply iron it on any piece of cloth.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7yI6VjdUg

This is tempting...

beevolant

So cool!

Arenson9 Spoonflower.com will let you print fabric from your own images, it's kind of expensive for fabric, but they're the best deal for print-on-demand I've seen and have good customer (or should I say costumer?) service. 

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"