The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Difficulty of Shattered Timelines Villains

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
youperguy
Difficulty of Shattered Timelines Villains

Does anyone have a handle on the difficulty of the heroes in Shattered Timelines? Maybe on the 4 point scale.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Kismet is a 2 or so, the Dreamer is a high 2 or low 3, La Capitan is a solid 3, Miss Information is a high 3 or low 4, and Iron Legacy is a solid 4.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

youperguy

Cool, thanks!

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Interesting. A nice spread.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

boxwood
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Kismet is a 2 or so, the Dreamer is a high 2 or low 3, La Capitan is a solid 3, Miss Information is a high 3 or low 4, and Iron Legacy is a solid 4.

Would/Can you say Iron Legacy is a tougher fight than Chairman and Matriarch
Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

His games rarely last long, so if nothing else I find him much less tedious than The Organization or The Matriarch.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

boxwood wrote:

Would/Can you say Iron Legacy is a tougher fight than Chairman and Matriarch

Yes.

So many times, yes.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think that Iron Legacy will prove harder than The Chairman or The Matriarch in the sense that there will be fewer winable games. If you don't get the right cards out early, you can very quickly fall so far behind that there's just no coming back.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

flamethrower49
Playtester

I daresay the Matriarch has a lot of "right cards" associated with her as well.  But Iron Legacy is no slouch - probably harder, but they both have weaknesses.

To the OP, my interpretation is something like

Kismet - 2, maybe a 1.

Capitan - 2-3.

Miss Information - 2-3.

Dreamer - 3.

Iron Legacy 4.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

The difficulty numbers that I'll be displaying on the expansion's oversized villain cards will be:

Kismet: 2

La Capitan: 2

The Dreamer: 3

Miss Information: 3

Iron Legacy: 4

I got these numbers from a pretty reliable source...

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Iron Legacy is quite possibly the single hardest villain to beat in the game. Sometimes I've played games where he takes each hero down to half health in the first villain turn.

Miss Information is not a 2; no way in hell. She's at least a solid 3.

Kismet is a low 2, but with the right combination of cards (Karmic Disjunction, Lady Luck, and Inconceivable Obstruction) she can pack quite a wallop.

La Capitan can be pretty hard. Her crew is all very powerful and annoying, and especially on advanced she takes a while to whittle her health down.

Dreamer is probably a 3. Some of her projections are downright brutal, and you can't even START to win until you clear the board, which can take a while with certain setups.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

fba827

Spiff wrote:

I got these numbers from a pretty reliable source...

Visionary herself? Awesome. Glad to know she stays in touch with us mere mortals that are dependant upon linear time.

Is having fun saving the multiverse

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Iron Legacy is quite possibly the single hardest villain to beat in the game.

People have been saying that, but I'm not sure. I'd really like him to be the hardest villain to date. Maybe it's because I played early builds of him and haven't played the final build, but The Organization still seemed like the harder foe. But I'm not denying he's really challenging. His advanced mode certainly is the most difficult thing ever.

Chances are once I get my hard copy of ST and play the final build of Iron Legacy, I'll come back here and agree with everyone that he's the hardest. I mean, I could do it now, but I don't feel like printing the cards again and such. I'd rather wait.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Exactly my thoughts Evan, I also only have played the ealier build and he was difficult but i didn't think he was too difficult. I think as soon as I get my hands on a copy I will open it right up and take on Iron Legacy because I am insanely curious how much more difficult the guy has become.