The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Did I do soemthing wrong the thread

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ax_kidson
Playtester
Did I do soemthing wrong the thread

I have had two very weird games in a row

I had a very easy game against matriach ... who really didn't seem to do anything at all myself and three other players slapped her around

then we got destroyed by Baron Blade ... all dead before he flipped or got anywhere near pulling the moon into the earth (by the way my favourite flavour text)

Has anyone else had this happen?

As a side note we had to have our international tabletop day a week late, sentinels was played all day which is fantastic :)

Happy Thoughts

Without specifics, I'd say it's totally expected that games can and will turn out very differently than you think they will. A good or bad run on any deck can really swing the direction of the game.

And that's one of the (many) cool things about the game.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sometimes, it depends on the heroes. Playing a group of slow build heroes (like AZ or Bunker) doesn't work well against BB.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I recently played a game against IL that was really easy, the group I was playing with really lucked out. The first turn was a bit harsh ending with both AZ and Bunks at half life, but the Mars Base played a Meteor Storm, and we decided to ride it out. Bunks could destroy IL's ongoings so that they didn't pile up, and we all spent a few rounds setting up. We killed IL in one round after destroying the Meteor Storm with a Flash Flood. It's really easy to do 27 damage in one round when everyone's set up.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

Ax_kidson wrote:
then we got destroyed by Baron Blade ... all dead before he flipped or got anywhere near pulling the moon into the earth

Wow. That's pretty unusual, as Blade shouldn't have enough damage access to take out (at least) three heroes that quickly. Was the enivornment a factor here? Failing that I guess a series of defense turrets and Hasten Doom into Slash and Burn could get there, but even with the weakest (lowest HP) collection of heroes around that's still around 75 damage before he gets fifteen cards in his trash, which seems insane.

flamethrower49
Playtester

I can believe it.  I'm sure the environment helped.

Sefirit

Ax_kidson wrote:

I have had two very weird games in a rowI had a very easy game against matriach ... who really didn't seem to do anything at all myself and three other players slapped her around

Did she put out somewhere in the neighborhood of 57 birds every round?  If not your got pretty lucky on your draws. 

Did you take damage to everyone any time you touched a bird?  If not you either played very well by reducing her damage or preventing her from doing damage or you did it wrong.