The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Deadliest Combos (Heroes and Villains)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simsar
Simsar's picture
Deadliest Combos (Heroes and Villains)

I know I'm 'new' techically but I have played this game. having a challenge is one of the major things in any game and I like to muse about which heroes would/could have a better time against certain villains and vice versa. I was on Spiff's website when I saw the randomizer button and on a whim clicked it to see just what 5 (random heroes I'd get) along with villain and environment. I got Unity, Fixer, Pat, Vis and Tempest against Chairman in Rook City. Something just spells ow in that sentence but I don't know what.

So, my musings have turned to this topic title and (hopeful) discussion. If it's been made, you can merge it but having a nice compiled list wouldn't hurt either.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

If you ever go up against The Matriarch, you had better have Tachyon in your party. "Hypersonic Assault" is vital to winning any match against her.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Wouldn't Expatriette's "Hairtrigger Reflexes" do pretty much the same thing?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

awp832
Playtester

No, because Hypersonic can hit Carrion Fields and Matriarch before dealing damage to the birds, thereby bypassing "revenge" damage, unlike Hairtrigger.   Tach is certainly helpful vs matriarch, but any number of heroes including Wraith, Fixer, Haka, or Legacy can take her place and help deal with the Revenge damage.

Sometimes it depends on what the villain draw is.    Any  team of heroes that doesnt have Ongoing destruction can find themselves up the creek against Dawn or Plague Rat.  Heroes that take a while to get rolling and those wihtout a damaging base power can be in a world of hurt vs Omnitron if he plays a first turn electropulse explosive.

Chariman does horrible things to any team,   Matriarch in Rook City is particularly brutal.  Omnitron on Mars is tough too.   Zero, Bunker, Wraith, Expatriette on Mars vs any villain with any sort of equipment destruction on top of what Mars does can be very difficult.

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Yeah, what AWP about Tachyon was my thoughts. Preventing Matriarch's "revenge" damage is vital. I also find the strategy that is key to winning against her is having one or two heroes that can charge up their attacks and devistate her in one hit, since she has high healing benefits. The three that come to mind are obviously Tacky's "Lightspeed Barrage", Haka's "Savage Mana" (which, in the new printing, even gives the suggestion to use it against Matriarch since you can clearly see him ready to tear birds out of the sky), and Bunker's "Omnicannon". You can't really chip away at Matriarch, or she'll heal.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I NEVER use Tachyon against the Matriarch. My A team for her is Visionary, Wraith, Absolute Zero, and Bunker. Smoke Bombs works wonders against her. Also, turning the revenge damage to fire and using coolant blast will annihilate her.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

RanisTheSlayer

I'm a huge fan of Tachyon and Visionary on the same team. Letting Tachyon draw cards all of the time is SAWEET.

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

The last time I went up against Matriarch I was Legacy and had two copies of Next Evolution in my opening hand. We won that one, weirdly. (I believe Tachyon was also on the team, but she definitely wasn't doing all of the work.)