The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Custom Sentinel Tactics Environment tiles

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bas
Custom Sentinel Tactics Environment tiles

Spiff wrote:
Bas wrote:
Curious with the possibilities to make a custom environment tiles, here is a quick attempt featuring the Eiffel tower.

Love it.I've already made a full set of Insula Primalis tiles and about half a set of Megalopolis tiles, back when all we got for playtesting were tiles with blocks of color on them.  I used basic Photoshopping skills, plus some 3D models from Google's Sketchup (the app that lets anyone make 3D models for their maps) and some Dundjinni top-down art assets for things like trees and cars.  It's not that hard, and I expect to see a whole raft of custom tiles from fans once the game comes out.

Here is a file with tutorial that allows people to make custom Sentinel tactics environment tiles using the freeware program Inkscape. To use it, unpack the file using Winrar or Winzip, download and install Inkscape and open the file. In this version I estimated the size of the tiles to be 150mm and can adjust that easily if the size varies from that. The .rar file also contains the printscreen from google maps that was used for the earlier posted example, so as to provide some practice material. Enjoy!

BrotherDusk
BrotherDusk's picture

Mind posting a few pics of the result so we know what we'd be getting ourselves into without installing and unzipping and whatnot?  The link in your quoted paragraphs is broken for me.

Bas

Sure, here it is:

Here should have been a tile-picture

This is kind of a bland example using a printscreen from google maps, but in essence you can insert any picture underneath the grid. After that it is just a matter of adjusting the dots.

Attachments: 
HikariStarshine
Playtester

This reminds me of the OGRE fan-map community.

In a good way.

Now I have to make Portland maps before going to PDXAGE next month and showing off Tactics...  Let's superhero battle in the real world!