The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Custom card templates

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

The H symbol should already be provided if your file is up to date.

For the hero icon you'll need to make a clipping mask. First go into isolation mode by double clicking the icon, add and place your picture beneath the circle in the layers, making sure you line it up how you want it, then select the circle and the picture, right click and select Make Clipping Mask, then just re-add the black outline.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The H icon is provided, but when I tried to use it I could not get it to go to the front. I tried everything I could think of, and it always went behind the templating. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, as I'm not experienced with Illustrator, but I couldn't figure it out. It just became easier to create the H symbol in-line. frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I make sure to have a layer above the others that the H symbol occupies, that way it's always above everything. Even if you bring it to the front in one layer, if that layer is beneath another it will still be behind something.

Card Templates

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Edited the Environment deck template and added in the actual footer image they use, was able to get a high enough resolution image.

I've also updated the 3 deck types to use the new 3x3 grid and moved the previous versions into Old Files.

Card Templates

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

cgrater wrote:
(Some restaurants now leave Wet Floor signs up at all times, because a drink might get spilled and lead to a lawsuit before the sign could be brought out and set up).

But couldn't you then sue the restaurant for false advertising, because they promised you a wet floor and didn't deliver?  O_o

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Card Templates

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

It was the one where the quote came from, so....

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

duneecho

I'm familiar with MSE (as a user, not a designer).  Was anyone in this thread able to successfully create an MSE template for SotM to create custom cards?  I'd be greatly interested.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Tweaked my templates a bit more and added an optional "Print Border" that you can actiavte from within the card stmbols, to make it easier to print using a place like Printer Studio. Working on a list of tips and techniques for using these templates as well.

Card Templates

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Worked on getting colors fixed after getting some cards printed from Printer Studio so that I could compare the colors even better. Fixed a few size issues with the keyword box.

Card Templates

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Fixed the B&W templates, forgot to fix the keyword box for them last time. I've also embedded an icon image into the files, create your icon and place it beneath it.

Card Templates

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Fixed a problem when exporting the cards, it makes the files a few MB larger but reduces time taken when finished with the cards. I'll probably try to fix the file size issue later without changing how the cards look. Had to use a large enough image so that when I converted to JPG and then put it back into illustrator it wouldn't lose resolution.

EDIT: Fixed the file size issue.

Card Templates

Pages