The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

"con's bunker" and "adhesive foam grenade"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
owlfile
"con's bunker" and "adhesive foam grenade"

Hi,

Was playing a game tonight against Miss Information in The Final Wasteland.

Bunker was on my team and had played "adhesive foam grenade" (environment cards cannot be played)

When the environment turn came round I, as part of the start of turn checks, I encountered the "Con's Bunker" start of turn effect (being "either destroy this card or play the top of the environment deck".

Am I correct in my judgement that the only legal option here was to destroy Con's Bunker (as adhesive foam grenade makes it impossible to choose the second option)?

Thanks.

AlexxKay

I suspect so, given other recent rulings involving forbidden actions.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

In the app with RC Wraith's Sleuth power you can choose to play an environment card she has revealed, the play fails and the card is returned to the deck, but you can shoose that action instead of discard.

owlfile

phantaskippy wrote:

In the app with RC Wraith's Sleuth power you can choose to play an environment card she has revealed, the play fails and the card is returned to the deck, but you can shoose that action instead of discard.

good point!

... Feels different to me though, that decision is "triggered" by the revealing of the environment card (which is linked to an activated power), it's not the first step. Con's bunker mentions nothing about not being able to reveal cards, so there is no reason one can't play "sleuth"while it is in play, with cons bunker it could be read as flatly environment cards cannot be played so would sugggest the option can't be taken.

The end result of the wraith slueth example would always (? i think) be to discard the card regardless so it doesnt make much difference; with the con's bunker/foam grenade example it would have more of an effect (either being able to recieve the 1 hp healing with no cost, or being forced to destroy con's bunker whether you want to or not).

I love this game, but it can be painful at times, as are all great love stories :/

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

phantaskippy wrote:

That is a bug and will be fixed in the next update. The card should be automatically discarded.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Okay, that clears it up nicely then.

owlfile

Actually, my question's already been cleared up already (it falls under the "can't trumps can (or may)" rulings in Spiffs guide, not sure why I hadn't remembered this. Cheers.