The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Concerning(and concerned about) my foil hero pack...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester
Concerning(and concerned about) my foil hero pack...

Like many others, my box of foil hero cards came in the mail today. I read FedEx's e-mail at work telling me that a delivery from Greater Than Games had arrived, and lo and behold a small box was waiting for me when when I got home. Using the utmost care I opened the box by way of a small pocket knife, slicing the tape to the top of the box open(The same technique I use to open all of the things I order online, never gave me a problem). Inside is another box, but this one is the display box, shrinkwrapped and upside-down. Using the same pocket knife I cut at the seal corners of the plastic, those little tabs of the wrap that happen when you shrinkwrap something, again being careful not to touch the inside contents in any way with said knife. The box is quite nice, but then I noticed something.

On the south-side of the box-lid(the side's whose top touches the bottom of the 'Sentinels Comics' logo) I spotted several scratches in the corner, one deep enough that I can see the white of the paper coming through. I check the inside of the delivery box, and there doesn't seem to be anything that could have caused such scratches. It was sealed quite well with its packing tape, so nothing from outside the box could have caused them, and the delivery box has seemed to have suffered no damage inside or out. Double-checking the now removed shrinkwrap, I did not notice any snaggs or tears in it other than the result of me opening it, and like I said before my knife did not touch the box. The scratches had to have happened before the display box was wrapped. Looking inside the display box, on account of wanting to be thourough, I notice that there is an(unrelated, I think) small orange/brown patch on one of the inner sides of the bottom half of it.

I put the display box to the side(Thinking I'll just keep the box on its side, logo facing out, as long as the cards are fine) and went to open the also-shrinkwraped stack of cards that came in it. again I used my pocket knife, this time being absolutely certain that it never touched the cards. I start looking through the cards to admire the artwork and look at the new powers/promos, But felt my heart sink as I spotted several hair-with black lines(I thought that they were more scratches at first, but they are not) along several of the cards. A noticable offender is Prime Wardens Argent Adept. Still trying to go through the cards, I had to pause several time as I discovered smudges of some white substance on quite a few of the cards, a tiny dried clump of whatever it is still on the back of(Again) Prime Warden Argent Adept. I tried very gingerly to remove some of the smudges,praying that they would easily be removable, but alas I could not.

Now I'm very thankful for >Games releasing this special foil hero pack(I got mine from donating to the OblivAeon Kickstarter), but I can't help but be disappointed at the state my product was delivered to me in. Which is very surprising since I've had nothing but stellar service with them in the past. Has anyone else come across problems like this?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I one minor issue on Completionist Guise but the others were fine.  I've seen a few different reports of various issues.   I'd recommend reading the KS update https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse... and sending an email to contact@greaterthangames.com

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Ah, yes, I just finished sending them a message. I did not read that one update from the kickstarter, thank you for pointing it out. I hope to hear from them at the soonest convenient time.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The update came out about an hour ago so that may be why you hadn't seen it yet.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

More a question for the community overlords than the community, but how long should we wait for a response to an email before getting concerned and pinging for an update? I'm not worried yet, given the recent announcement, but given my package is lost in the mail somewhere, the waiting is the hardest part...:(

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I noticed quite a few lines and possble scratches on the cards as well. No other damage, which is fortuante since the delivery box was thoroughly smashed. Never been so glad to have something shipped in a box bigger than seemed nessecary since I think that and the bubble wrap prevented the foil box from sustaining any damage.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I didn't even have bubble-wrap in my box. Was that supposed to be standard?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think it depended on the box, etc. For example, the box mine came in was perfectly sized, so no wrap was needed to pad it. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)