The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Completionist Guise Variant Unlock Discussion (early edition)

88 posts / 0 new
Last post
NyxFSSD

waedens wrote:

NyxFSSD wrote:

As for special forms, with Santa Guise, if you have two cards face down in each hero play area and have Lemme See That out at the start of his turn, he'll end up in a full Santa outfit instead of just the hat. As for base Guise, people are still trying to figure it out specifically, but it seems like having at least one of each card in your trash at the start of your turn after having played Best Card Ever. Not sure if that's all there is to it, but we're working on it.

Weird. That is not working for me to get Santa Guise's special form. Don't see the santa suit, just the hat. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I forgot to mention Guise needs to be in the first slot for it. My bad. Will edit original post.

The Girl With N...

Slight problem with this one: I’m on mobile, and I can’t remember if I got the unlocks for every character or not. I only got a Game Centre account after I started playing, so I can’t use those achievements to track it...

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The achievements sync up with the variants. You can trigger a resync from the options menu.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Melkhor

Huh, I've got all other variants unlocked, and I got a mint in this week's One-shot when it went live. But I didn't get any unlock when I activated Santa Guise's special form (with the special sound effects and everything) last night. Do you have to do it on the same day as the Mint or something?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Melkhor wrote:

Huh, I've got all other variants unlocked, and I got a mint in this week's One-shot when it went live. But I didn't get any unlock when I activated Santa Guise's special form (with the special sound effects and everything) last night. Do you have to do it on the same day as the Mint or something?

Possibly "when it went live" is your downfall. You need to earn a mint after Guise was available to unlock, which was the day after oneshot was released so possibly you were too early.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Melkhor

Matchstickman wrote:

Possibly "when it went live" is your downfall. You need to earn a mint after Guise was available to unlock, which was the day after oneshot was released so possibly you were too early.

Ooh, yeah, that would explain it... that's what you get for being eager, I suppose :(

FearLord

Just to be 100% clear about this before I start working on getting Guise:

• I play on both Ipad and recently, Iphone
  • These devices share the same achievement list
  • I have completed all achievements – the vast majority on the Ipad, but the last 3 OblivAeon Heroes on Iphone while my Ipad was suffering from a hardware issue.
  • I used the button to unlock all heroes on the Iphone that I already had the achievement showing for.
  • I used the button to unlock Blood Mage Lifeline and Dark Watch Harpy on the Ipad (as I already had the achievement showing for completing them on the Iphone). 
  • I don’t have access to La Commadora on the Ipad (no button), but I do have the achievement (for completing it on the Phone).
  • Can I complete the Guise story challenge on either or both of these devices?
  • If I push the Synch Varients and Achievements button on the Ipad will this give me the varients I have the achievements for or will it clear the achievements I haven’t actually scored on that device (thereby separating my phone and my Ipad’s achievements?)

Many thanks!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sync Variants & Achievements will never remove either of each. It will only add those necessary to make them match.

FearLord

MigrantP wrote:

Sync Variants & Achievements will never remove either of each. It will only add those necessary to make them match.

Okay cool - I’ll do that before I start working on Guise then!

The Girl With N...

This is frustrating. 

All variant achievements done. Got a Mint on this week’s One-Shot. Got the special form. Nothing. 

Checked the character select screen. I can’t even see a locked variant for Completionist Guise. Which I assume means I have to wait another week before I even have the chance to go for the unlock again. 

EDIT: Ugh, the update didn’t work properly. That’s why. Cool, guess I have to wait another week anyway. Fun!

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

REMOVED MY COMMENT.

Misread that the two peices can be done in any order

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

If you don't see a lock icon for the variant, you need to update your game.

The Girl With N...

MigrantP wrote:

If you don't see a lock icon for the variant, you need to update your game.

I know. Said that in the edit. Somehow the update got interrupted.

flamethrower49
Playtester

I have all the promos, I updated my game a week or two ago, minted this week's one shot, then got Santa Guise's special form. No unlock yet. I do have the lock icon for the variant (though I did not double check until after my attempt). Any idea what might have gone wrong?

NyxFSSD

You might want to double check your achievements to make sure you have all of the variants via their story challenges, instead of with the cheat button. If you do have them all with the achievements, are you able to check your registry, by any chance? If so, you're looking for two entries - CuriouslyStrong and YouFoolThisIsntEven. If you're missing one or both, then you need to get the Mint and special form, for the respective entries. If you're not able to do so, you might want to retry both now that you've checked for the lock icon. You can get the Mint online and it will still count, so if you've not done that one yet, you still have a chance on this One-Shot.

If there's still an issue and none of those work, then I'm not sure.

jsalomon617
Playtester

I also have everything at this point (got all variants via story challenge, with the Steam achievements to confirm it, then got Santa Guise's form followed by an online mint, and the corresponding pair of registry keys to confirm those), and didn't get the unlock.

NyxFSSD

Oh, online mint. Start a game offline, or a game with Guise online.

jsalomon617
Playtester

NyxFSSD wrote:

Oh, online mint. Start a game offline, or a game with Guise online.

Yep, that did it (just starting an offline game, with Guise involved).  Thanks!

payprplayn

so I'm going back through the varians I initially unlocked with the button in order to get completionist guise, and I ran in to trouble with mad bomber blade.  Can you not use the Haka trick to destroy blood sweat and tears with savage mana? Or is there more to the requirement than just beat blade, then destroy blood sweat and tears in one round? For some reason it didn't work for me with savage mana, and I'd like to know for sure before trying to do it without, which seems like a massive hassle.

flamethrower49
Playtester

Oh. Of course "all other variants" includes villain variants. I guess I'll go work on those guys. I do have fun with Skinwalker Gloomweaver and Heroic Infinitor 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I think the "Haka trick" as you put it won't work because, while they're under Savage Mana, they don't have any card text. So you're destroying three villain cards, but they're not Citizens Blood, Sweat and Tears.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The Haka trick did work at one point but I don’t think it was intended to.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

Interesting observation: When you get the Mint may not matter. I have unlocked all the variants, got Guise's special form, he unlocked as soon as I minted this week's weekly one shot. Maybe the condition is something along the lines of:

First, unlock all hero and villian variants. Then, you must win a game while Guise is in his special form, as well as obtain a Mint on any weekly one-shot (in either order).

NyxFSSD

The condition was already discovered and announced in this thread.

MigrantP wrote:

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Completionist Guise! Since Guise is very particular about the purity of his collection, the only way to get him for now is the real way. It's possible he may change his mind later, but he's pretty stubborn. I'm not stubborn! I'm principled. Also, I'm the best!

First, unlock all other variants via their story challenges. Then, in any order, earn a mint cover on a Weekly One-Shot, and activate the special form of Guise or Santa Guise.

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

Huh. I must have missed it when I Iooked at the first page. My bad.

Pulseglazer
Playtester

Is this ever coming the ... well, the cheap way?

I really don't want to have to unlock everyone via story mode (I did all the earlier characters on my ipad, then when I got the game on steam and my pixel REALLY didn't want to go through it all again, so have been "cheating").

Powerhound_2000

Yes but unclear when 

MigrantP wrote:

Since Guise is very particular about the purity of his collection, the only way to get him for now is the real way. It's possible he may change his mind later, but he's pretty stubborn. I'm not stubborn! I'm principled. Also, I'm the best!

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

gossamerica2

Still can't unlock him.  I'm confident that I have all variants (hero and villians), unlocked through gameplay rather than the quick button.  I got a mint on this week's one-shot (using somebody's playthrough).  I'm confident that I did Santa Guise's hidden form sometime after the update (but before the mint), so I was expecting the unlock.  Nothing.  So I tried another game to get the hidden form.  Still no unlock.   Hmmmm....

I'm playing on an ipad.  Incidentally, the Achievements button does nothing for me.  And when I try to sync it through Options, it just freezes forever...

Powerhound_2000

Yeah that’s a rough one to check if you can’t get to achievements to validate.  

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sounds like you're not signed in to Game Center. Check that in the Settings app.

gossamerica2

MigrantP wrote:
Sounds like you're not signed in to Game Center. Check that in the Settings app.

Thank you! That did the trick. Now I'm wondering how I've been playing this long without being signed in. (Darn, I'm going to have to play more to reach all of those achievements...).

It looks like it thinks I don't have the Eternal Haka achievement. That should be easy to do, but then I have to get Guise's secret form again (easy), and then another mint...

rickjonzz
rickjonzz's picture

I'm a lazy completionist (and, frankly, not good enough at the game to hit the unlock conditions for some) and have been just waiting for the characters to be unlockable, but when I try, Guise says something like "Think of the Children" and doesn't unlock. Should I just be more patient and wait or am I going to have to dust off some guides and try to get him the old-fashioned way? 

Powerhound_2000

Just have some more patience on the screen.  

gossamerica2

rickjonzz wrote:
I'm a lazy completionist (and, frankly, not good enough at the game to hit the unlock conditions for some) and have been just waiting for the characters to be unlockable, but when I try, Guise says something like "Think of the Children" and doesn't unlock. Should I just be more patient and wait or am I going to have to dust off some guides and try to get him the old-fashioned way? 

I thought I wasn't good enough to hit some of the unlock conditions. But with help from some guides, I pulled them all off, most of them on the first attempt. And I learned a lot in the process, helping me become a better player (especially against some of the harder villains). It also gave me something to shoot for rather than just a random game setup. I think it's well worth it!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I just had something funny happen. I had to get a new phone, and when I reinstalled all my stuff not all of the hero unlocks I had achieved ported over. So, okay, whatever, I just started pushing the "unlock" buttons a bunch of times. It was funny to hear Completionist Guise complaining at me over and over as I did!

Me, too, Guise. Unexpected warranty claims are no fun!

JohnduBois

So I’m seeing on the Steam forum that all three versions of Completionist Guise are in the digital game.

I see one after the unlock, and one’s the foil... where’s the third one?

Award-winning podcast listener

Powerhound_2000

Enable Collector's Art but disable Foil affects. 

Pages