The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Completionist Guise destroys his collection?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester
Completionist Guise destroys his collection?

So... Super Sentai Idealist and Completionist Guise.  Both put cards under their character card, but with very different assumptions.

What happens if Completionist Guise has character cards under himself and uses I Can Do That Too to Form the Head?  He should be able to destroy a character card.  If he does, where does it go?  Even more humorously, what if the villain is Challenge mode Chokepoint?

Fortunately, it looks like if Super Sentai Idealist uses Called to Judgement or Character Witnesses to try to form her own Impressive Collection, the collected cards go under Guise and not Idealist.  However, it does raise the question of where those character cards go when Representative of Earth is destroyed (and whether this triggers destruction effects).

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Character cards can’t be destroyed so Completionist Guise can’t get rid of any under him.  As to the second question the cards should go to the respective trash pile.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Character cards certainly can be destroyed, as a general rule.  Take The Chairman, for instance.  There are just specific reasons that usually prevent it from happening ("when this would be destroyed" text).

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

If they can be destroyed I imagine it had no affect on switching out character cards as the destroyed one would go to the box.  However, I have a feeling they can’t be touched outside of his power and incap abilities.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

If they can be destroyed I imagine it had no affect on switching out character cards as the destroyed one would go to the box.  However, I have a feeling they can’t be touched outside of his power and incap abilities.  

i don’t see any reason to assume this, completionist guise doesn’t say cards under him are indestructible and the only relavant information about cards under other cards is the deck they come from.

this also means freedom six tempest should be able to destroy his character cards under completionist guise.

Powerhound_2000

We will see in due time but that’s my take on what will happen with it.  He’s a Completionist why would he want to destroy his collection?

Roger the Alien

Welcome to SotM Legacy (I am not talking about the hero).