The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Compiling the Fireside Chats

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
fabikw
Compiling the Fireside Chats

In the past I've found Spiff's comprehensive FAQ highly useful, as information is organized in a logical way (by character). He stopped updating it once the Fireside chats started, however, they are really hard to find particular information during a game. Is there any plan to incorporate the Fireside Chats into that FAQ or in a similar format?

If the answer is no, would the community be interested in a joint effort of compiling the answers separated by deck(s). Maybe as a webapp or as part of the wiki.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wiki most certainly, i think it should be there even if it is elsewhere ;)

If anyone starts work on this and needs help creating/formating a wiki page, let me know. We can cross link it into the various hero pages and what not.

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Is the same Fireside Chat topic updated whenever there's something new added, or is there a new one added each time there's a new set of info?  If the same topic keeps getting updated, then it would be difficult to make sure a FAQ is up to date with the latest Fireside Chat info since you'd always have to browse back over the same topic to see if your FAQ contains everything in the Chat.  But if a new Fireside Chat post is added each time there's new info, then keeping a FAQ updated would be easier.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:
Is the same Fireside Chat topic updated whenever there's something new added, or is there a new one added each time there's a new set of info?
There's one Fireside Chat post that keeps getting updated. (Hmm, I'm surprised the forum bug on editing posts hasn't been more of an issue there.)

But they do it in a kind of friendly way, in that each new set of updates gets added at the end of the post, marked off by dividers. It looks like when an earlier ruling is updated, they add a specific note to that effect. Search for 'Ammo' for an example. So it shouldn't be too hard to keep things up-to-date.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

There are replies I add to the post now because it reached the character limit. But it's all in one thread.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

fabikw

I'll start work on this once I have some time to dedicate, probably will start by setting different sections in a similar way to Spiff's FAQ.