The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Cold Steel Wardens: Rogues Gallery! (Or, OMG, I'm running a Kickstarter!)

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture
Cold Steel Wardens: Rogues Gallery! (Or, OMG, I'm running a Kickstarter!)

Just today, friends and neighbors, I launched my second Kickstarter for Cold Steel Wardens: Roleplaying in the Iron Age of Comics.  This one, following the successful Kickstart of our corebook, is for Cold Steel Wardens: Rogues Gallery.  It's a bevy of mooks, made men, metahumans, maniacs, and masterminds, ready to drop into any Iron Age superhero game.  

CSW: Rogues Gallery builds heavily on the world set down in the CSW corebook, providing detailed writeups on Stonegate Federal Penitentiary and Lincroft Asylum, as well as how to use prison and asylum settings in such a game.  The majority of the book, however, is written from the perspective of the phase-shifting vigilante, Sawbones, whose notes include in-character evidence pieces, including police reports, psychological evaluations, interviews, and more.  

Don't have Cold Steel Wardens yet?  Pick up the corebook as part of our Kickstarter drive!

If Rook City is your favorite Sentinels expansion....if you can't wait for Daredevil Season 2...then CSW: Rogues Gallery is waiting for you!

Thanks again for your support!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

This is cool, congrats, and I hope your Kickstarter does well.  I should be able to put together funds by the end to grab a copy.  

PlatinumWarlock

Thanks, brother!

We're off to an okay start, but I'm really hoping for a bigger reach.  I'm doing two cons during the drive--WittCon and WhosYerCon--so I'm hoping those will help.

Best thing you can do?  Spread the word!  

PlatinumWarlock

*bump* for visibility in the last two weeks!

PlatinumWarlock

One final *bump* for the final three days!

PlatinumWarlock

We've gone ahead to relaunch Cold Steel Wardens this month!

We've had a great first day, raising over $1k in a single day, but there's still a ways to go, and I could use your help.

Check out our link below, and be sure to see us at GenCon!

Cold Steel Wardens: Rogues Gallery--Reloaded!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Yay!

I am both Glad and Sad.

Glad that I can back it this time around and Sad that it needs a second time around.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I was just coming here to post about the Kickstarter, only to find you beat me to it.

Already backed and hoping everything runs smoothly.

BTW, Seeing a close up of Rictus is terrifying. Check the first update if you want to see it.

PlatinumWarlock

Yeah, Rictus is pretty damned creepy. 

Even Sawbones thinks she's beyond 'recovery'.... :P

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I just had a strange thought. Have you every attempted adapting any of the Sentinels heroes using the CSW rules. I know most of them wouldn't fit very well, but Wraith, Expat, and Fixer could do very well I think.

PlatinumWarlock

The thought has crossed my mind, but I'm loathe to co-op an IP, especially as myself.

You'll note that I personally, never run any of Jules' Birds of Prey/CSW crossover games.  I have no issues with other people doing it, but it's not something I want to do personally.

That said, yes--a good number of the Sentinels characters would easily fit into CSW.  Tachyon wouldn't be hard to make, or Haka, Fanatic, or Ra for that matter.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Hmm, you know I never did make that connection.

I wonder if I might take a stab at it one day (no time soon I'm afraid since I've got a lot moving at the moment). This is one of the few IPs I feel I know enough about to attempt, and any shortcomings could be fixed by the community.

PlatinumWarlock

Feel free, man.  

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Just throwing this up here, we're a week away from the end of the Cold Steel Wardens Kickstarter finishing.

We are so close to getting funded, just a little more of a push is all we need. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/apklosky/cold-steel-wardens-rogues-gallery?ref=user_menu