The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Citizens needed for UK Games Expo!

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
Citizens needed for UK Games Expo!

Hey, everyone!

First of all, hi! I haven't been here in a while. But you're going to be seeing me more. :-)

Secondly, I need people! Specifically, I need Citizens for conventions!

If you don't know what this means, it means that I'm looking for folks to help us out at our booth. That's probably running demos of various games, but it could mean other things. Who knows!

Right now, I'm looking for UK Games Expo. If you're interested in helping out and want a badge, send us an email to contact@greaterthangames.com!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

What are the PAX East dates?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

jffdougan wrote:

What are the PAX East dates?

05-08 April, it looks like.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Drat. If it were a week earlier, I could probably do it, but it's an incredible pain in the butt for teachers to take time off when school's in session.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

jffdougan wrote:

Drat. If it were a week earlier, I could probably do it, but it's an incredible pain in the butt for teachers to take time off when school's in session.

I was thinking the same thing.  Are there any East Coast conventions in the summer I could help out at?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

rjc917 wrote:
jffdougan wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.  Are there any East Coast conventions in the summer I could help out at?

Summer's all about the midwest, with Origins and Gen Con. Sorry.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You can do what some other folks have done: Find a smaller, local game con and set up events and/or demos of games you want folks to get a chance to play. :-D

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:

You can do what some other folks have done: Find a smaller, local game con and set up events and/or demos of games you want folks to get a chance to play. :-D

Yeah sure you start out with "Just doing a few demos and a small tournament" one year,  next thing you know you are running the largest Malifaux tournament in the US(at the time).   :)

Blackfang108
Playtester

Craig wrote:

rjc917 wrote:
jffdougan wrote:

Summer's all about the midwest, with Origins and Gen Con. Sorry.

You guys have fun at those.  You're not getting me within 100 miles of either, especialy this year.  (My wedding is only a few weeks prior to Origins)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:

Helped with that the last two years, even granted that it was a bit of a hike each time.

Planning to do a Spirit Island demo at my FLGS once the 3rd printing hits (unless they let me know before that that they've gotten some in, in which case I'll go for New Year's weekend), and one for OblivAeon as soon as possible after it arrives on my doorstep. (If it could be timed to arrive within a few days of 30 April, that'd be pretty cool.)

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Everything you do is too far away, or I'd help out

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Theta_Sigma wrote:

I have a solution! Be closer!

Blackfang108
Playtester

Craig wrote:

Theta_Sigma wrote:

I have a solution! Be closer!

Yup, this solution checks out.
Samwise137
Samwise137's picture
Playtester

Come on folks! Jump on the PAX East ship! As added incentive, you'll get to help me write an upcoming episode of Tales From the Archive AND celebrate my birthday with me! Not enough? Okay, I'll try to convince Setback to be there too!

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

Are you getting your own stand at the UK Games Expo this year?

This is wonderful news and means I don't have to wander around until I suddenly hear a person exclaiming about Baron Blade.

I also may be able to help out. Sadly the American Cons are a bit ... far.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

We'll have a stand in much the same way we had one last year. Only much larger, since we're now partnering with UKGE!

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

Guess I just should have paid more attention instead of just being surprised I was at the NEC for not work.

Also if we do email you on the contact email do you want us to contact you another way>? I have seen Paul mention elsewhere that it's being patchy so wanted to double check. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm looking forward to attending UKGE!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel