The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Christopher announces Sentinels Tactics!

113 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

16 Spiff, 4 Environments.

I was told there'd be no math on this test.

Be glad it's not an English test either, attribute your sources wink

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Also, you don't NEED a scenario to play the game. Scenarios, in this sort of game, are set ways to play: special rules, alternate win conditions, several players vs. 1, pre-set teams, etc. You can just build your teams and play against each other without using any scenarios if you want, and there's no reason you couldn't make up your own custom scenarios.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Baron Blade BLEW UP the Insula Primalis volcano!?

Having now had a chance to listen to the podcast I think that's not what was said, they were talking about emailing CHristopher and getting reasons that characters would do something, and that it was more a "why would" Baron Blade blow up Insula Primalis' volcano rather than a "this happens in canon".

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

No, he said, and I quote, "The first question we asked was, "Why did Baron Blade blow up the volcano on Insula Primalis?"" Meaning that, according to the timeline given to them by Christopher, Baron Blade blew up the volcano, and he wanted to know why.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Right, when they are talking about reasons that characters do stuff (both mechanically and conceptually), not neccessarily about stuff that they have done in canon. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I got.

About 19 minutes in for those who want to hear it themselves

Edit: It's "Our latest conversation started with me asking him "Why did Baron Blade blow up the volcano on Insula Primalis?""

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The important thing is whether it is in the game.  I want exploding volcano fights.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

right. "why DID he." Not "why WOULD he."

-- Trajector

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Right.

This happened in our last game, what justification can we have to add in this awesome thing?

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

To take out/hamper Dawn?

-- Trajector

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Because his hatred of Legacy has extended to all super-powered beings, and Dawn's got herself an army of them?

Or because Dawn has an army.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Amnachaidh
Playtester

Or perhaps Dawn and the Baron were working together, until Dawn, for reasons best not described screamed "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I think he's just opportunistic, and set up a conflict between the two with some well placed comments so he could blow up the Volcano and kill Legacy.

"Oh hi Dawn, Legacy said your super powers make you look fat."

Pages