The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Chiquito ran away

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Chiquito ran away

My friend and I were playing a game of Villains with La Capitan, and on our first turn we used Adamant Writhe to throw Chiquito to the bottom of her deck.  Did we do this right?  Is La Capitan supposed to be ridiculously easy if you can permanently get rid of her little monkey?

It was kind of an odd game all around.  MVP was Plague Rat - the heroes did very little damage to the villains.  Mostly, Plague Rat did the damage, and Writhe didn't die.  Maze of Mirrors from the evil carnival meant whenever Writhe tried to deal damage, it would get redirected to him, and then redirected away from him at -2.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm not sure it makes her easy but it certainly hurts her strategy.   Chrono-Ranger has bounty that could do the same.  In regards to Plague Rat he is just about the damage that gets out of control when he loses those Handlers.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

AlexxKay

Yes, it is possibleto get rid of the dang monkey.  Relatively few decks have the ability, but it's legit.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Well, Adamant Writhe can, as can "No Executions", Savage Mana, Brain Burn, and Into the Stratosphere, if coupled with deck manipulation.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal