The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Chat window in weird spot

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
Chat window in weird spot

Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. On my iPad after the update my chat window in multiplayer has moved to the upper right corner of the screen and the top and right sides of it or off the screen. Haven't been able to move it back to the center. 

Before you you say it already sent feedback to handelabra just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Jimeni
Playtester

Yep. Happening on our iPads too.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Any idea what it was in the update that did this?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

A bug?

Just a theory...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

Also dealing with this issue on the Mac Steam version. Quite frustrating.

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Thanks, we are investigating this and will fix it in an update.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

morph147

Phantom5613 wrote:

Any idea what it was in the update that did this?

speculating based off what I do for a living but when it opens that window the program should say put it here based off some kind of pixel coordinates. With the reduction project they did and the update to the unreal system either A) it has to do with compressing files and their coordinates are now off or B) the unreal engine changed what they call the origin and their centering pixel values needs to be modified.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Jimeni
Playtester

And you can't get to the button to reassign a hero with where the cat window is now on the iPad. Just found that out when playing a game and someone got disconnected and was temporarily reassigned (via the disconnect window that comes up). When the player came back, I wasn't able to give them back control, as it doesn't automatically give them their hero back, and I couldn't get to the button. I take it there is no other way to reassign heroes?

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I had the same issue with my Kindle Fire. Luckily the person reassigning was playing on a computer so they could put me back in

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Seems to be completely fixed now