The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Charlize Theron is ... THE MATRIARCH!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Charlize Theron is ... THE MATRIARCH!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

AnachronismAxe
AnachronismAxe's picture
Playtester

Video's unavailable.  :o

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

AnachronismAxe wrote:

Huh ... try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jFbHYUqeQjA

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

AnachronismAxe
AnachronismAxe's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

AnachronismAxe wrote:

Huh ... try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jFbHYUqeQjA

Must be one of the alternate universes, obviously.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

There are people who can command birds and then there are people who can turn into birds. The Matriarch is one of those two types.

I half expect a vampire type villain at some point in SotM to have a ongoing called "colony of bats" that reduces/ignores the first damage inflicted every turn.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

lugaru
lugaru's picture

Nice... that is one of those movies that simultaneously looks gorgeous (I like the photography) and inane. Still throw in crows and such and I'm a sucker for that sort of visual imagery.

With fables being as huge as it is, I think in the "late" years of expansion #26 or whatnot there should be a straight up fable based villain with dark(er) versions of the huntsman, rumplestilskin, the wicked witch, big bad wolf and so on as minions. And of course the storytale enviroment. "Flip, Poison Apple: any player may destroy this card to regain 5 hp but skip his turn". "Flip... an angry Jabberwocky!"

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:
There are people who can command birds and then there are people who can turn into birds. The Matriarch is one of those two types.

You're right, of course. It's not a close match to compare these two. Still, the imagery of a haughty woman surrounded by birds jumped out at me.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:
You're right, of course. It's not a close match to compare these two. Still, the imagery of a haughty woman surrounded by birds jumped out at me.

Really? I never thought of The Matriarch as a haughty woman, more an angsty teenager who never grew up. If she had stamped her foot and exploded into birds that would have been closer to what I imagine The Matriarch as. (Which is not to say I am right)

Still, there's never not a good reason to look Charlize Theron.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:
Still, there's never not a good reason to look Charlize Theron.

Word

Well, mostly
http://www.moviespad.com/photos/charlize-theron-monster-weight-gain-835a...

Tamar

lugaru wrote:
"Flip... an angry Jabberwocky!"

Not to nitpick (I'm totaly nitpicking :P)  but the poem is called Jabberwocky.  The monster itself is the Jabberwock.  /end nitpicky, self righteous correction of the only poem I have memorized in my long term memory because I love all things Alice.

Matchstickman wrote:
Really? I never thought of The Matriarch as a haughty woman, more an angsty teenager who never grew up. If she had stamped her foot and exploded into birds that would have been closer to what I imagine The Matriarch as. (Which is not to say I am right)

Theron = grown up Matriarch.  Sure she started out a petulant angsty teenager, but then she grew up and became a badass with control over birds.  Who knows, maybe her powers even evolve to the point that she CAN do some sort of bird turning into thing.

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

Tegulus

Tamar wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:

Theron = grown up Matriarch.  Sure she started out a petulant angsty teenager, but then she grew up and became a badass with control over birds.  Who knows, maybe her powers even evolve to the point that she CAN do some sort of bird turning into thing.

Alt Matriarch with turn into birds power? Scary thought.
I want one.

lugaru
lugaru's picture

Tamar wrote:

lugaru wrote:
"Flip... an angry Jabberwocky!"

Not to nitpick (I'm totaly nitpicking :P)  but the poem is called Jabberwocky.  The monster itself is the Jabberwock.  /end nitpicky, self righteous correction of the only poem I have memorized in my long term memory because I love all things Alice.

Matchstickman wrote:

I'm with you, I'm a huge fan of the poem. It is like Frankenstein vs Frankenstein's monster.