The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Celestial Tribunal: Who shall be judged?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
hstein3
hstein3's picture
Celestial Tribunal: Who shall be judged?

Now that we have the Celestial Tribunal, the question at hand is: Who do you like to put in the judgment seat?

My own choices (at least so far):

• Freedom Five Legacy is probably my favorite, simply because his power gives an immediate "get out of jail free" card. 
  • Freedom Six Tachyon is a strong choice, too. Everyone loves card draw.
  • If you're willing to let him be in play for a while, Santa Guise makes an interesting (albeit risky) choice. 

What about you?

http://mrhalbert.blogspot.com, Wherein I talk about gaming and, um, stuff.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Huge Extremist Sky-Scraper also has a get out of jail free option.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Roger the Alien

Captain Cosmic Requital is also great, 3 card plays without any consequences. 

I often choose Stuntman for the ability as he loves out of turn plays. 

Powerhound_2000

Roger the Alien wrote:

This is not always true often it will be fine.  You are forced to play the revealed cards and you may be given a card you didn’t want to play like Inventory Barrage, Know When To Turn Loose, or a Sucker Punch which takes a hero.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Roger the Alien

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Roger the Alien wrote:

This is not always true often it will be fine.  You are forced to play the revealed cards and you may be given a card you didn’t want to play like Inventory Barrage, Know When To Turn Loose, or a Sucker Punch which takes a hero.  

I see my explanation wasn‘t precise. I meant without any consequences from the ability itself (only CC has constructs in his deck)^^

Powerhound_2000

Well don’t play other versions of Captain Cosmic otherwise you will. 

FearLord

I’ve started just hitting random - I was choosing some really strong stuff, but it makes more sense to me to have to deal with something random...

Getting Adamant Dr Medico wasn’t great though with no sentinels in play...

Powerhound_2000

That should still result in healing 1 HP and getting a card for the hero which used the power. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

My go-to was always Greatest Legacy until I was shown the utility of Requital CC. I've been making an effort to try other heroes, though; had a fun time letting Benchmark use Visionary Unleashed's power, for instance. :)

hstein3
hstein3's picture

Roger the Alien wrote:

Captain Cosmic Requital is also great, 3 card plays without any consequences. I often choose Stuntman for the ability as he loves out of turn plays. 

So, when I tried this, a message popped up saying "CC does not have a deck so no cards will be played."

Granted, I had no other version of CC in play, and this was from "Called to Judgment." I didn't use other cards/powers to get a power use for CC, or through Character Witnesses.

But I haven't seen this utility; quite the opposite, in fact. 

Powerhound_2000

I know it works as I tested that.  The only way to get that message is using an ability like Gung-Ho to make the Representative of Earth to use the power. 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Original Guise is often very fun -- if for no other reason than it's Guise. His power is versatile and generally useful. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Requital CC is pretty darn powerful; it's hard for me to not choose him every time.  But Freedom 5 Bunker and Greatest Legacy are great choices, too.  Sometimes I go with F5 AZ, if someone needs a specific ongoing, Huge Sky-Scraper if mass damage is called for (and lacking), or Normal Sky-Scraper if I really, really need cards.

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

That should still result in healing 1 HP and getting a card for the hero which used the power. 

This raises a question: it sort of works the way Guise does, where the name of the hero on the card is replaced with the name (or team) of whoever used the power.  What happens if you have The (regular) Sentinels out and they use Adamant Medico's power, or if you have the Adamant Sentinels out and they use regular Mainstay's power?  Does the power apply to their whole team or just the one who used it?  What about someone like Dark Watch Expatriette, XTREME Haka, or (ugh) Setting Sun Ra, which also affect the user's character card--do they affect the whole team or just the one hero?

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

It should only apply to to the Hero Character Card which used it.  

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

So if the normal Sentinels use Block, it protects them all, but if the Adamant Sentinels use a borrowed Block, it protects just one?  That's a weird interaction.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

It should work like the specific hero used I Can Do That Too!

Now if you have a way through America’s Greatest Legacy to have the Representative of Earth use Block Im not sure if would just Block for itself or the Sentinels.  

Missingno
Missingno's picture

This might come from me playing Argent Adept and other heroes that let others use powers but I feel heroes that have powers that you don't need the specific enviorment card that lets someone use a power are just outright better than the ones that don't.  Things like Omnitron-X, TLT, Dr. Medico, any Legacy, possibly Fanatic depending on who you have in your team.

I'll put things in here later.

hstein3
hstein3's picture

hstein3 wrote:

Roger the Alien wrote:
Captain Cosmic Requital is also great, 3 card plays without any consequences. I often choose Stuntman for the ability as he loves out of turn plays. 

So, when I tried this, a message popped up saying "CC does not have a deck so no cards will be played."Granted, I had no other version of CC in play, and this was from "Called to Judgment." I didn't use other cards/powers to get a power use for CC, or through Character Witnesses.But I haven't seen this utility; quite the opposite, in fact. 

Having played a few times more now, I've seen it work as intended. Not sure if that was just a one-off bug or I just didn't remember correctly how things tumbled out. 

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

It should work like the specific hero used I Can Do That Too! 

I'm not sure that's right, it doesn't say anything about changing the name. So with say Absolute Zero as an example, I Can Do That Too! would cause Guise to deal himself 1 fire or cold damage, but in the Celestial Tribunal surely using that power would still cause Absolute Zero to take the damage himself.
It's only where it doesn't specifically refer to a character where it is then usable by the player, right?

Powerhound_2000

This is how it was ruled to played and how it works for the video game.