The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card sleeves

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
theemperor
Card sleeves

I did a cursory look but couldn't find an existent topic about this.

Is there any momentum/support for SotM specific card sleeves?  (Ones that would have SotM artwork or somesuch on them?) I'm seriously looking at picking up some sleeves to protect my cards, which have started taking a beating, but I'd hate to buy the 1000+ sleeves it would take to cover all the cards, only to find out a half a year down the road that GtG was putting out SotM themed sleeves.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

I don't think they're planning on doing anything like that.  It has been stated before that sleeving the game would cost more than just outright buying it again.  And the cards are hardy.  I recommend the Mayday Premium Greens if you're looking for a good sleeve for SotM cards.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

get the penny sleeves. it's limke $1 for 100. Any comic/game shop should have them

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

UXM266 wrote:

get the penny sleeves. it's limke $1 for 100. Any comic/game shop should have them

Hold on. You can get penny sleeves for… wait for it… a penny? cheeky

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

imprimis5 wrote:

UXM266 wrote:

WTF???  You mean my $10 pack of 100 penny sleeves wasn't the bargain the game store owner told me it was?  I'm a fool.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

My bad, it's like $1.15. But still a goodd eal. :P

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Spiff wrote:

imprimis5 wrote:
 UXM266 wrote:

WTF???  You mean my $10 pack of 100 penny sleeves wasn't the bargain the game store owner told me it was?  I'm a fool.

Sounds like you misheard and got the Canadian "loonie sleeves." Common mistake.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

We definitely aren't interested in making SotM themed sleeves (we've talked about it a bunch) because we put information on both sides of our cards. Any sort of sleeves with printing would cover one side. That's not ok. Entirely clear sleeves is the way to go.

(That is, if you sleeve at all. And hey, if that's your thing, don't let my personal prejudices get in your way!)

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

theemperor

That's cool.  I've been running a lot of demos for new players, many of whom shuffle my cards like poker decks, so my babies are starting to get the snot beat out of them.  I'll just pick up penny sleeves.  (I know it would be expensive.  I may have made an error in calculation, but my figure for number of cards in the game so far, barring promos, was somewhere in the 1600 range.  Super expensive with more durable sleeves, but penny sleeves will come in at a reasonable amount of money.)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

There are 1,780 cards currently available for SotM.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

arenson9 wrote:

And 1778 are lamer than the other 2.

Hint: Cursed Acolyte.

Renkenr

arenson9 wrote:

I have 771 out of 1367 owned, sleeved. Only have the core set, Vengence, and RC&IR cards. I'll get done one day.