The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card Packages

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
ShadowMamaru
Card Packages

Sorry, I didn't know where to put this.

When my friends and I purchased the base game (before the enhanced edition), each deck came in a plastic, resealable bag. We've had the game for about 3 months now, and we still use them.

Our Infernal Relics, Ambuscade, and Unity came in today, and they didn't have this packaging. I'm just wondering if someone knows where I could get some? The ziploks they're in now takes up WAY too much space, especially if we want to get Rook City and put it in there too.

~Shadow

Don't look at me! You'll only encourage this!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Mine never had that.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

ShadowMamaru

I bought mine (I think) right after Rook City came out. They were small, cheap, plastic bags with a sticky strip across the top.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

ShadowMamaru wrote:

I bought mine (I think) right after Rook City came out. They were small, cheap, plastic bags with a sticky strip across the top.

Have never seen or heard of anything like this and I have seen a fair number of the original core games. Did you, by chance, buy a copy that had been a store demo copy before you purchased it?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

ShadowMamaru

No, I watched the guy open it, and the cards were like that. The wrap and everything was intact when we tried it the first time.

andy3029567

My Rook City I bought through Amazon had wrappers too. Don't see why you need them though since they are sticky and...not that great?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Weird! That is certainly non-standard! I have probably opened more copies of Sentinels of the Multiverse than anyone else, and I've never seen that!

Curious. Very curious...

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ShadowMamaru

We only need them to seperate decks. We're very picky about keeping them in good condition since we REALLY don't want to go buy alot of card sleeves. 

Hmm...that is strange. I never knew it wouldn't be standard...

I found some bags that are EXACTLY what we needed - here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/95921759

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Are you sure you guys didn't buy them second hand?  It wouldn't take much for a person who has already opened the box to rewrap the box, especially if that person works in a manufacturing or packaging job.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

A lot of game stores actually have shrink-wrap machines just for that purpose - I know of some here in Indy, for example. Someone at the store might have opened it and packaged it (maybe using it for demos), then rewrapped it and sold it.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Diabolical.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

ShadowMamaru

I don't think so. it looked exactly like the new set I got did. Besides, I've been through the whole store they have there, and there isn't a shrink-wrap machine there.