The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card Listing

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
awmiller
awmiller's picture
Card Listing

I don't know if this is already available somewhere, but I thought I'd ask. Is there a document that lists the card titles and appropriate quantities of those cards in each deck? I want to make sure that I don't lose any of these wonderful cards, and that god forbid I do, that I know which ones to replace.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Unfortunately, no such list currently exists.  However, we very much want to make such a card list available to players of the game, and intend to work toward something like that in the next year (once we're not so busy with the expansion, etc)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

awmiller
awmiller's picture

Ok, is there a general rule? i.e. All hero decks have X cards, all villain decks have Y cards, and all environment decks have Z cards? I am asking because for example, my Wraith deck has 39 cards, and I can't find a single other hero who has a number other than 40. (I am of course not counting the hero card or the Legacy promo)

I would be more than willing create this lists for you, but I'd need to be sure that my copy of the game is complete to use it as the basis. ;)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Heroes have 40 cards plus one character card (not including promotionals).  Villians have 25 cards plus two character cards.  Environment has 15 cards.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

awmiller
awmiller's picture

So it does appear that it is now time to scour my house for the missing card from The Wraith's deck... Here's what I have in her deck, can anyone tell me the card that I am missing, so I could proxy it if necessary?

The Wraith

Combat Stance 2
Grappling Hook 3
Infrared Eyepiece 3
Impromptu Invention 3
Inventory Barrage 2
Mega Computer 3
Micro Targetting Computer 3
Razor Ordinance 3
Smoke Bombs 2
Stun Bolt         3
Suture Self 2
Throat Jab         2
Throwing Knives 3
Trust Fund         3
Utility Belt         2

Total         39

Looks like my Omnitron deck is 1 card short as well at 24...

The Conscience
Playtester

awmiller wrote:
So it does appear that it is now time to scour my house for the missing card from The Wraith's deck... Here's what I have in her deck, can anyone tell me the card that I am missing, so I could proxy it if necessary?

The Wraith

Combat Stance 2
Grappling Hook 3
Infrared Eyepiece 3
Impromptu Invention 3
Inventory Barrage 2
Mega Computer 3
Micro Targetting Computer 3
Razor Ordinance 3
Smoke Bombs 2
Stun Bolt         3
Suture Self 2
Throat Jab         2
Throwing Knives 3
Trust Fund         3
Utility Belt         2

Total         39

Looks like my Omnitron deck is 1 card short as well at 24...

It appears that you are missing a Utility Belt.

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

awmiller
awmiller's picture

Ok, and here's my Omnitron listing, what am I missing here?

Omnitron

Adaptive Plating Subroutine 2
Disintegration Ray 2
Electro-Magnetic Railgun 2
Electro-Pulse Explosive 2
Interpolation Beam 2
Sedative Flechettes 2
Series 83 Assault Drone 3
Series 84 Automaton Drone 3
Series 85 Repair Drone 3
Technological Singularity 2
Terraforming 1

Total         24

The Conscience
Playtester

awmiller wrote:
Ok, and here's my Omnitron listing, what am I missing here?

Omnitron

Adaptive Plating Subroutine 2
Disintegration Ray 2
Electro-Magnetic Railgun 2
Electro-Pulse Explosive 2
Interpolation Beam 2
Sedative Flechettes 2
Series 83 Assault Drone 3
Series 84 Automaton Drone 3
Series 85 Repair Drone 3
Technological Singularity 2
Terraforming 1

Total         24

You appear to be missing a Terraforming.

awmiller
awmiller's picture

Hurray!!! I found both missing cards!

Also, I made a listing of every card in every deck along with the quantity of each card in those decks. It's a 3 page Word file at the moment. Would anyone else be interested in this information? It is simply titles and quantities, no rules text whatsoever. I'm willing to post it or send it wherever would be convenient.

ketigid

awmiller wrote:
Hurray!!! I found both missing cards!

Also, I made a listing of every card in every deck along with the quantity of each card in those decks. It's a 3 page Word file at the moment. Would anyone else be interested in this information? It is simply titles and quantities, no rules text whatsoever. I'm willing to post it or send it wherever would be convenient.

That's really cool, I was just thinking of the same thing yesterday. Maybe you can post it up, I'll be more than happy to help fill in the Rules, Quotes, and Errata/Comments.

awmiller
awmiller's picture

I don't have anywhere to host the document, but if you wanted to message me your email, I would be willing to send it to you. The same goes for anyone else who is interested. Again, it is just the card names and the quantities of each card in each deck.

If you want an awesome errata document, Spiff has already put one up here:  http://greaterthangames.info/forum/index.php/topic,290.0.html. It hasn't been updated since the latest Wrest the Mind change, but it has been very useful to me.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I just updated it to include the latest info.  As always, if I've missed something or misstated something, please let me know.

I'd be happy to add a full card list to the end of that file.  Send the list to spiffworld@gmail.com and I'll include it.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

If you choose the reply button instead of using the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page, you have the option of attaching a file (so long as it's not too large, and a text file, even with all you would have in it, is not likely to be close to too large).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

awmiller
awmiller's picture

Thank you Jay, you have been a gentleman and a scholar! Attached below is the list for everyone that would like a copy. That being said, I sent it to Spiff last night, so it may end up as an addendum to his already gorgeous errata and clarifications document once he has the time.

Attachments: 
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

This is awesome!  Thanks everyone for posting these helpful documents for other fans!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Conscience
Playtester

I am currently working on a full spoiler for all cards in excel (so that people can get a feel for things). I won't post it here when it's finished until I get the okay from >G and if there is enough interest.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We have no problem with you posting it here if you want to!

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, unless of course you are refering to the additional 220 cards which are unknown to the general populace at this time.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Conscience
Playtester

TheJayMann wrote:
Well, unless of course you are refering to the additional 220 cards which are unknown to the general populace at this time.

I am not referring to that which shall remain nameless at this time (even though I have one for those as well).

The spreadsheets will cover only the currently available cards (including promos) for all. I am doing it mainly as a reference for the RPG I am working on but thought that it could have other uses that are as yet unforeseen.

awmiller
awmiller's picture

Dying of jealousy here...  :'(

Is there anyway I could get just the names of the cards?  :P

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

awmiller wrote:
Dying of jealousy here...  :'(

Is there anyway I could get just the names of the cards?  :P

Semiautomatic Handgun may or may not be a card in Expatriette's deck.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

It is not.  However, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds are!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

awmiller
awmiller's picture

You guys are wonderful and evil all at the same time. It's no wonder that I love this game so much!

ketigid

The Conscience wrote:
I am currently working on a full spoiler for all cards in excel (so that people can get a feel for things). I won't post it here when it's finished until I get the okay from >G and if there is enough interest.

Inquiry of the existence of interest seems to be the norm these days.  8)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I just purchased a new set, and I also appear to be missing a Utility Belt.  I've only really checked Legacy and Wraith, as I'm working on new tuckboxes at the moment.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
I just purchased a new set, and I also appear to be missing a Utility Belt.  I've only really checked Legacy and Wraith, as I'm working on new tuckboxes at the moment.

Sorry about the missing card, but welcome to the realm of the fully-decked.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

So when I was counting Wraith cards, I was missing one card (specifically, Utility Belt, the same card awmiller claimed to be missing).  Today while setting up a game, I counted my Omnitron deck and found it was missing a card (all other decks were accounted for).  Specifically, it apeared I was missing Terraforming.  So, it appeared I was missing the last card of the hero cards and the last card of the villian cards, as well as missing the same exact cards awmiller was missing.  I also found said missing cards.  Turns out the cards were sticking to each other.  I'm guessing maybe the coating isnt drying all the way before they cut and stacked them at the printer.  Though, this would only likely affect people with a recently opened copy of the game.  Playing a game or two would generate enough stress on the cards to break any adhesion between the cards.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The problem is that, based on just how stuck together they are, there's a chance it will damage the cards when they're separated. :(

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

The level of stickiness that I noticed was very small, enough to prevent shearing apart, but not enough to cause any damage to the cards.  If you were to take a full deck and slightly bend the cards back and forth, that would likely be enough to get the cards apart.

awmiller
awmiller's picture

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I found both cards in exactly the same way. It has to be some sort of machine/manufacturing thing.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Regarding games with missing cards, we had a really awful experience with the QC of the printer for Sentinels of the Multiverse, which is one of several reasons why we've switched printers for Rook City (also because we could get higher quality cardstock, etc for the cards and boxes).  If anyone is missing any cards from the core game, or has damaged cards, send me an email at paul@sentinelsofthemultiverse.com with a photo of the damaged card and I'll send you a replacement free of charge.

Aleator

I found myself with a similar problem just to find that it as both copies of End of Days in Fanatic's Deck.