The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card Draw issues with La Comandora? Look inside.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony
Card Draw issues with La Comandora? Look inside.

So I was playing the video game weekly last night and discovered a rule I never knew existed. Cosmic Parse was incapped and let OmniX take his turn actions in any order. Evidently, if you enter your draw phase first, it allows you to draw 2 cards, as you didn’t use a play or power action yet and that clause checks in the draw phase specifically. In my head it was always closer to an end of turn thing. It never occurred to me before seeing it in game that this is how it would work but it makes sense.

this is crucial to understand exactly how the boat wheel works for La Comandora. I believe this will be a game changer for you folks at home wondering how you’re gonna sustain more cards in hand. honestly, the 2 rating is deceiving, but her villain deck was originally rated easier than it actually is too. If anyone knows things about history repeating itself, it’s her I guess. 

Godai
Godai's picture

*takes notes*

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I'm amused that this comes on the heels of the revelation that the game's original design was Draw, Play, Power, but they decided to change it so that players would have a whole round to look at their new card and consider strategy.  Concorda not only flips the rule back, but gives you an extra card for doing so, slowing your turn down even more.  Not good game design, there.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

dclietz
Playtester

This card was heavily discussed during playtesting and was polarizing. I admit I wanted it to work a bit differently, especially because I was worried that people wouldn't pick up on this interaction and conclude La Comadora was a bad hero because they couldn't get enough cards. However, I don't think it is that bad to have 1 hero have the ability to switch up the phase order, it can be very interesting and fun at times.   

robertmaxfreeman
robertmaxfreeman's picture

It's a neat trick, and I wouldn't consider it overpowered because it's equipment, so you'd have to play it a turn ahead of gaining this advantage, and it's also only 3 cards in her entire deck, with no way for her to search her deck for specific cards. It's handy, but a few extra cards over the course of a game is hardly game breaking.

"It's all chaos. Be kind."