The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Can Savage Mana eat a hero?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jesse_garcia_87
jesse_garcia_87's picture
Can Savage Mana eat a hero?

i *may* have a question that I'm pretty sure of the answer to, but just to make sure here, cause it was such a weird circumstance of events.

so we had Haka, Crono Ranger, and Nightmist fighting La Capitan in the Time Cataclysm. first several rounds went as per the usual, shenangians ensued, and long story short we were in a tough spot with Crono-Ranger at 3 HP left with an armory in front of him, Haka with his Club of Smashiness and Stick of Beatings(I forget what they're actually called, but it's the only equipment he has[and yes, this is important to the question]) and Savage Mana, with Nightmist having her nice compliment of amazing healing every round. La Capitan had a nice array of her grunt people out, who were all nicely damaged and primed for being sucked under Savage Mana, but i couldn't get at all of them without a Rampage, which of course would kill off Chrono Ranger. as a group, we had all decided it was the best option, since he was going to get knocked out regardless of what any of us did. As Haka, i was the last player to go, so this was a massive decision.

My question is this: since RAMPAGE knocked out Chrono-Ranger, thereby "destroying" him, would he get pulled into Savage Mana as well as any others that got destroyed by that same card?

In the effort of doing stupid things, I'm a FLIPPIN' Genius!
-Me.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

No, because he isn't destroyed. When a hero character card would be destroyed, you flip that card instead. Savage Mana specificaly acts on being destroyed. If a hero were to be killed by by the environment with Savage Wasteland out, they would be removed from the game as that has the text "would be destroyed" rather than "When Haka destroys a target".

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

On questin - how would Haka kill Jim in that situation? Rampage only does two damage to hero targets but you said Jim had 3hp left and made no mention of Haka having any damage buffs.

Incidentally, the green club thingy is Mere, and the double-ended club thingy is Taiaha :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

jesse_garcia_87

Ameena wrote:

On questin - how would Haka kill Jim in that situation? Rampage only does two damage to hero targets but you said Jim had 3hp left and made no mention of Haka having any damage buffs.Incidentally, the green club thingy is Mere, and the double-ended club thingy is Taiaha :).

right, Jim had the card out that he does more damage and more damage is done to him for however many bounties he has out, that's how the Rampage finished him.

-Me.

jesse_garcia_87

pwatson1974 wrote:

No, because he isn't destroyed. When a hero character card would be destroyed, you flip that card instead. Savage Mana specificaly acts on being destroyed. If a hero were to be killed by by the environment with Savage Wasteland out, they would be removed from the game as that has the text "would be destroyed" rather than "When Haka destroys a target".

ok, that's what we figuring, but i had that doubt, and really for the extra damage, i WAS argueing the point. Thanks much for the reply!

-Me.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ahh, Hunter and Hunted. Okay, now it makes sense :). And yeah, Unforgiving Wasteland is the only time when a hero being defeated would result in something other than them flipping, because the card specifically states that it overrides the normal "on destruction" action. Otherwise, assume all heroes have the text "When this card would be destroyed, flip it instead" :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)