The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bunker: Omni-Cannon

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Xargell
Playtester
Bunker: Omni-Cannon

I hope this is the proper place for this question.

Card text: At the start your turn, you may put up to 3 cards fro your hand beneath this card
Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X energy damage where x=  2 times the number of cards destroyed.

Does Bunker have to use the cannon the same round he charges up? And if not, can he charge for multiple rounds (placing up to 3 cards each round)?

I know which way I lean, but I was just curious as to the official ruling on the card.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Charging the cannon is an optional action that is taken at the beginning of the turn.  The ability to fire the cannon is an added power, and is not required, and is not allowed if you decide to use another power (unless a card has allowed multiple powers per turn).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

TheJayMann has it right - you may CHOOSE to put cards beneath Omni-Cannon, as is listed on the card, and you never have to use a power, just because you have access to it.  Therefore, the cannon can be powered up over multiple turns for additional damage.

Thanks for your question!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

BValen7ine

Along the same line I also have a question on this card. It says"At the start your turn, you may put up to 3 cards fro your hand beneath this card" Does this mean I can put up to three EACH turn? We played last night and a buddy of mine had 12 cards underneath Omni-Blast, so does this mean he can do 24 points of damage or can you only do six max?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Exactly. You can charge that up until you run out of cards, if you want. And then you destroy all of them, dealing twice as much damage as cards destroyed. Big damage, if you can afford the time and cards.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Bunker takes so much time to set up anyway, that's about the only way to get any sort of payoff from it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector