The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bug in Unlocking Variants

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
wrhyme29
Playtester
Bug in Unlocking Variants

Hey all! I encountered a weird issue that I didn't see anywhere else.

In my game (with my Steam account), I've unlocked all of the variants through story challenges and have almost all of the Steam achievements that go with it. I wanted to take my hand at doing some of the unlocks in a different way, so I asked my brother (who has just the base game and no variants unlocked except Cosmic Omnitron) for his Steam login so I could do it on his account. I logged in to his account and then when I launched the game, I got notifications for thethe achievements for every variant unlock of every hero that he had (he doesn't have any expansions, so I didn't get any of those variant notifications). I checked at the hero select screen and every variant was available, even though I hadn't unlocked them. 

The next thing that I checked was that in online multiplayer, it was his username instead of mine, which it definitely was. Additionally, he didn't get any of my Steam achievements that I had completed outside of the variants (for example, the "Protector of Worlds" achievement was not completed).

Is this normal behavior, or did something weird happen?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

That's normal behaviour. Unlocked variants on your computer are synced to your achievements and vice versa.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island